The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

In The Pursuit of Happiness

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
If you saw the movie, in the Pursuit of Happiness, then the book is just as good. A really inspiring book to keep you motivated about your own situation. If Chris Gardner can do it, then so can you. One of the best books I have ever read. You really have no excuse in your own case after reading this book.

Tom

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
I read the book and also saw the movie, so I'll elaborate. As always, Hollywood didn't do justice to the human experience, paper and toner.

The theme focuses on the real life experiences of Chris Gardner. Chris grew up dirt poor and faced many obstacles because of his environment - economical and racial being the most obvious ones. At a young age, he pledged to himself that he would one day make a million dollars. While in his late twenties, he had a life altering experience. Hence, he decided to pursue the market as the mean to his goal of getting rich. Through much struggle, he fought for his dream while facing an enormous amount of personal (single, homeless father) and economical tensions. Long story short, he became an extremely successful stock broker and broke many of the social barriers that were always on the back of his mind. Overall, it's a great, real-life, rags-to-riches story.

Book: A bit raw, but it was extremely fascinating to see his journey unravel.

Movie: Extremely lame, possibly because I read the book first.

Chartz

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 7, 2012
Anyone have the audio book? Any good? I loved the movie. One day I was eating at a steakhouse in San Diego and noticed on the menu he owned it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.