The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"In It" for the Long Game

mojorisin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 6, 2019
I'm here to learn how to transition from the corp job to building my next 25 year career in making money online.
25+ years in IT Software & Sales, had a great career.
I'm very good at what I do, and will continue to do it another 5 to 8 years as it pays great and I can continue to sock away cash cushion to re-invest into my own business (plus I love making $$$).
Saved and invested well over the years, so as my savings is close to what I need for retirement. Soon on cruise control. Which means I can run a few Internet sites to cover expenses, and step into a slower paced lifestyle where I call the shots (finally).

So now I need to start investing in myself to learn how to create a side business online. I've got a couple years to figure it out. So why wait?

I'm having to start from scratch knowing nothing about FBA, E-Commerce, Ad Sence, on and on... which is both exciting but frustrating as hell. Its frustrating that a 18 year old can run circles around me at this point. However I did that same thing when I was 18 in IT which is how I want from making nothing to $60k a year in IT early 20's. Be the disrupt-er or get disrupted.

I'm very anxious and want this all figured out NOW. So I'm obsessing over posts, blogs, books, talking to brokers, anything I can do to educate myself before I start burning time and money. Its hard to hold back. However I had to self teach myself how to manage my life savings when I fired 2 financial planners. I learned that NOBODY is better to manage my money than myself. It took me 6 months of research before I was confident enough to do it on my own. It was nerve-wrecking but I've been very successful at it. And now, WOW I'm SOOO much better off. Investments are on cruise control and my plan has worked. I'm applying this same towards monetizing websites.

I'm 2 months into heavy due diligence on what my plan of attack is going to be. I don't have it quite figured out yet.. .but getting close to buying my 1st site.

Anyways, great forum. It has already been very valuable in my initial research. It's helpful to be around "like minded folks" such as yourselves. As my wife can only hear my sales pitch for buying xxx business so many times... !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, appreciate the intro.

mojorisin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 6, 2019
ecommercewolf - I'll need your expertise to help me out as I'm close to pulling the trigger on an FBA site for purchase. Buying a site gets me in the game, it has stable earnings with nice growth opportunity. But being a newbie I'm going to need mentoring to get this thing in the right direction - I need to learn from others mistakes so I don't make them myself :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...