The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Importing from china HELP

Anything related to sourcing or importing products.

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
I want to start an e commerce store and have a couple questions.

1. Has anyone ever drop shipped from china? All of the drop shippers I have contacted said it takes 3-4 weeks to ship. This seems too long.

2. I want to drop ship clothing. The problem is that their are two sets of sizes. China sizes and USA sizes. All of the drop shippers are in china sizes. Currently I plan to just have us sizes on the website and drop ship the equivalent china size. For example if someone ordered a large shirt off my website I would place a XXL order to my drop shipper since they are equivalent .

3. Would people trust china air packaging? There is no way for me to package it and my selling point is cheap so I can't ask for package to be changed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Darius

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
In my opinion, I say find a US dropshipper or hold stock. Too much room for error in between the China factory & your customer.

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
I wish i could. But the USP of my e commerce store would be the extremely cheap prices. There is no US drop shipper than can compare prices to China drop shipper.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
You need a stronger USP, cheap price isn't the best you can do. You're adding no real value to the end consumer by drop shipping and entering a race to the bottom. How else can you add value? You have no control selling someone else's branded products.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
The postage from China to customer will be greater than bulk postage to you then you mail to customer overall. Also nobody will wait 3 weeks for a t-shirt

adoredunchin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 18, 2013
There is no US drop shipper than can compare prices to China drop shipper
how do you expect this project to work? They order and your dropshiper in china sends them the tshirt directly to his home?
I don't know how much shipping cost would be per tshirt but when I buy in Europe something from china I pay 40$. So your tshirt would be 45$ ?
Very cheap...

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
ya I don't see it working that way.

why cant you just order 1000 or so and ship them yourself? or get amazon to ship it out, via FBA.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
also, clothing is insanely competitive. Your chances of success in that market are very small.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.