The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Im out!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Verge

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Dec 31, 2015
No more job for Verge! Today I quit, and while it was definitely not the most appropriate exit, im a tiny tiny baby step closer to the fastlane, because I know I never want to work under anyone ever again. Im so excited now that I have so much extra time to absorb all the information I can, and I know all of you guys can help. That being said, any advice?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
That being said, any advice?
Start hustling right now.
Don't get lost in "absorbing" stuff.
You learn more when you do, not when you read.
If you don't have money or a plan to make money, get another job.
im a tiny tiny baby step closer to the fastlane, because I know I never want to work under anyone ever again.
This doesn't count. Take bigger steps. Good luck dude.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland

Congratulations! Just make sure you do hustle! It's very easy to fall pray to 'analysis-paralysis' and move nowhere. I support wade's argument and advice you to learn by practice, be a doer!

Good luck!

Verge

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Dec 31, 2015

I have tiny hustles. Selling stuff to classmates usually. Couldn't take on anything too big because of 2 sports, job, girlfriend, and most importantly school. What would you say is a better hustle now?

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
Ironic...

I was just at a Pita Pit today picking up food for my wife for lunch today.

The employee who took my order and payment started talking to the guy preparing my food as he was asking me what I would like on the pita..

She complained loud enough for everyone there to hear how she is fed up with the place and how she is treated (by someone who wasn't there) and is going to quit that day.

I don't know if she did as I left.

But I couldn't help but feel that same anger I've had at previous jobs. The only difference was, I always had a plan in place before I jumped ship.

I don't want anyone here to have to feel the helplessness and such anger like that employee was demonstrating.

How about you tell us your plan, and those of us with experience in those areas can chime in and help you out.

Best of luck!

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
What would you say is a better hustle now?
Nobody can really answer that except you. Plus, you don't want someone to answer all of your questions.
You're going to face tough questions all the time, and you need to be able to answer them yourself.
Otherwise you'll end up just doing what everyone else does - after everyone is already doing it.
Selling stuff to classmates usually.
I don't mean that type of hustle specifically. I just mean - it's go time. Whatever you do, hustle. Do it now.
Flipping stuff on craigslist might be up your alley. There are two threads on this forum that go over this in detail.
It's bigger picture than this though. When you absorb new info, you'll learn more and think of more questions.
Just put what you learn into action, rather than hunting down answers to all of your questions before you begin.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
No more job for Verge! Today I quit, and while it was definitely not the most appropriate exit, im a tiny tiny baby step closer to the fastlane, because I know I never want to work under anyone ever again. Im so excited now that I have so much extra time to absorb all the information I can, and I know all of you guys can help. That being said, any advice?

Congrats.

However I just want to remind you that Fastlane always starts with a mindset. You could be scrubbing floors and delivering Italian food and still be "Fastlane" -- it's all about perspective and the vision you are working. I like to think of Fastlane as a ladder-- just because you are standing on a lower rung doesn't mean you are on the wrong ladder-- it's pointing in the right direction. Start climbing...

Good luck.

:)

G

Guest3722A

My thought is that seeing you're selling tempered glass screens to your class mates, learn how to install them correctly (youtube will teach you anything) and then offer your installation service to anyone who bought/buys one. If this shows some traction, figure out how to get in other schools too.

Verge

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Dec 31, 2015
My thought is that seeing you're selling tempered glass screens to your class mates, learn how to install them correctly (youtube will teach you anything) and then offer your installation service to anyone who bought/buys one. If this shows some traction, figure out how to get in other schools too.
holy shit thats smart, i was just installing them for free. Great idea...

Verge

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Dec 31, 2015
Ironic...

I was just at a Pita Pit today picking up food for my wife for lunch today.

The employee who took my order and payment started talking to the guy preparing my food as he was asking me what I would like on the pita..

She complained loud enough for everyone there to hear how she is fed up with the place and how she is treated (by someone who wasn't there) and is going to quit that day.

I don't know if she did as I left.

But I couldn't help but feel that same anger I've had at previous jobs. The only difference was, I always had a plan in place before I jumped ship.

I don't want anyone here to have to feel the helplessness and such anger like that employee was demonstrating.

How about you tell us your plan, and those of us with experience in those areas can chime in and help you out.

Best of luck!
Even more ironic, I was getting yelled at by my manager in front of everyone, said f*** it im out, have fun explaining to everyone why they wont get any days off. But my plan as of right now, is to master something, I'men from there master something else, and keep going, using these skills to solve problems and help people. Guys, in all honesty I want to be successful so bad. Once, at my weakest point, I cried because of it. Yes, thats right, I want to be so succesful that when something got in my way, I cried out of pure frustration. I dont care if you guys call me a pussy or whatever, that just shows how bad I want it. My favorite speech ever says "When you want to be successful as bad as you want to breathe, then youll be successful." and I can understand it now. I want to succeed as bad as I want to breathe.

G

Guest3722A

holy shit thats smart, i was just installing them for free. Great idea...
If it's something that you know can actually make you some money, use money made from it to put an ad in a popular local paper that you know many of your friends/customer types read.

Out where I'm from we have a paper that comes out every week. It's free and has a circulation of over half a million. Before I started a business that became very successful (and is still going to this day), I used this paper (and a couple others that didn't work) to test the market, and to my surprise, my phone rang all day long. If you're a minor, you'll need to work this out with your parents somehow. Expect to make mistakes. You may need insurance. You may need to wait until you're of adult age.

This right here is the learning stage though where you gather knowledge and the pieces of the puzzle to see if it's valuable enough to you.

On a side note, I had 3 jobs at the time, a girlfriend, and a band. So, don't get lazy...

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
So you are 16 and just quit probably your first job ever because you couldn't handle some shit from your manager? Good luck in the real business world. At 16 I was unloading heavy shit from trucks in the summer heat as a parttime job. Served me well for building up a work ethic.

If you were serious about that motivational crap about wanting to be successful as bad as you want to breathe, you would get your job back, get a second one, quit both sports, and save all your money from those 2 jobs to put into your own hustles or a real business.

Now theres your challenge. Lets see what you'll do with it.

Verge

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Dec 31, 2015
So you are 16 and just quit probably your first job ever because you couldn't handle some shit from your manager? Good luck in the real business world. At 16 I was unloading heavy shit from trucks in the summer heat as a parttime job. Served me well for building up a work ethic.

If you were serious about that motivational crap about wanting to be successful as bad as you want to breathe, you would get your job back, get a second one, quit both sports, and save all your money from those 2 jobs to put into your own hustles or a real business.

Now theres your challenge. Lets see what you'll do with it.
I'm 16, it's my third job. I quit my job because it wasn't worth the pay. Why the hell should I work for minimum wage, and then get yelled at everyday? I could go on, and give you an explanation for everything but money walks, bullshit talks. I have my plan set, but thank you for the feedback :)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I'm 16, it's my third job. I quit my job because it wasn't worth the pay. Why the hell should I work for minimum wage, and then get yelled at everyday? I could go on, and give you an explanation for everything but money walks, bullshit talks. I have my plan set, but thank you for the feedback :)
lol, ok.

JohnZ123

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 23, 2014
One thing I learned as soon as I moved out for college is the world is harsh. People don't give one shit about you unless you provide value to them except your parents (for some). Regardless of how many connections you make it's up to you to make a difference in your life. You will HAVE to make sacrifices to get where you want. I never understand how people sacrifice time away from business and expect to succeed. Does an Olympic athlete go celebrate with their family on a Saturday instead of training at 6AM? Another thing I noticed is once you start making progress people may start treating you with more respect or avoid you out of jealously.

relentlessaction

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Dec 18, 2015
@JohnZ123 Don't believe that last part. You do have to work your a$$ off more then others but you don't have to sell your soul. There are ton's of people who don't need to quit their job and earn over $1 million in revenue with their business on the side. Not that they need to work they choose to work.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
whoa, amazing. Another 16 year old millionaire entrepreneur with a fastlane mindset..... minimum wage can't handle you bra.

so let me ask you, why should anyone pay you more than minimum wage? what value do you bring?

you don't have a high school diploma
no college degree
no university degree
you don't like to work hard at what I can only imagine is some back breaking hard work for an italian restaurant.
you don't have any travel experience
you don't have any real world experience - at 16 that's not your fault... you're 16 lol.....
you cant drive a car yet on your own (probably?).
you cant vote
you cant by alchohol or cigarettes
you're not good at selling your self to us
you have no interesting ideas - you just ask us to give you ideas/advice

but you deserve more than minimum wage? Youre just like every other 16 year old kid out there. why are you different? why should I pay you more? why should I buy whatever you might decide to sell me?

(oh PS, having any of those things I listed above does not mean you will make more than minimum wage either.)

Last edited:

Verge

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Dec 31, 2015
whoa, amazing. Another 16 year old millionaire entrepreneur with a fastlane mindset..... minimum wage can't handle you bra.

so let me ask you, why should anyone pay you more than minimum wage? what value do you bring?

you don't have a high school diploma
no college degree
no university degree
you don't like to work hard at what I can only imagine is some back breaking hard work for an italian restaurant.
you don't have any travel experience
you don't have any real world experience - at 16 that's not your fault... you're 16 lol.....
you cant drive a car yet on your own (probably?).
you cant vote
you cant by alchohol or cigarettes
you're not good at selling your self to us
you have no interesting ideas - you just ask us to give you ideas/advice

but you deserve more than minimum wage? Youre just like every other 16 year old kid out there. why are you different? why should I pay you more? why should I buy whatever you might decide to sell me?

(oh PS, having any of those things I listed above does not mean you will make more than minimum wage either.)
Wow, Another nay sayer. Did I say I'm going to be a millionaire at 16? Nope. Do you know me? Nope. But you insist to try and bring me down. You worry about yourself, and I'm going to worry about myself. God bless! :)

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
Wow, Another nay sayer. Did I say I'm going to be a millionaire at 16? Nope. Do you know me? Nope. But you insist to try and bring me down. You worry about yourself, and I'm going to worry about myself. God bless! :)

you're right, I don't know you. but the thing is your posts give away more about you than you think. you're pretty much a clone of every other 16 year old out there.

lives with parents? check
thinks he knows more than everyone? check (and this will probably continue until your mid twenties)
deserves more money cause he breathes? check

Your first post is the very essence a 16 year old post.. so like you said, I don't know you, but we know more about you in your first post than you could imagine.

And your responses to the "nay sayers" is pretty much bang on what a 16 year old would say. So predictable.

Anyway, not bringing you down, but you're the one that said you quit your job because you deserve more than minimum wage and shouldn't be yelled at.

Which is another point I want to bring up... this generation and "yelling". you can't raise your voice any more at anyone because it's "yelling". Everyone is yelling at you because they are telling you to do something you're not doing!!! STOP YELLING STOP YELLING AT MEEEE my feelings... Meanwhile (and not you directly but other peoples) are doing stupid things and messing peoples shit up. But heaven forbid someone is passionate about what they are doing to get mad at you and raise their voice for you F*cking up.

Verge

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Dec 31, 2015
you're right, I don't know you. but the thing is your posts give away more about you than you think. you're pretty much a clone of every other 16 year old out there.

lives with parents? check
thinks he knows more than everyone? check (and this will probably continue until your mid twenties)
deserves more money cause he breathes? check

Your first post is the very essence a 16 year old post.. so like you said, I don't know you, but we know more about you in your first post than you could imagine.

And your responses to the "nay sayers" is pretty much bang on what a 16 year old would say. So predictable.

Anyway, not bringing you down, but you're the one that said you quit your job because you deserve more than minimum wage and shouldn't be yelled at.

Which is another point I want to bring up... this generation and "yelling". you can't raise your voice any more at anyone because it's "yelling". Everyone is yelling at you because they are telling you to do something you're not doing!!! STOP YELLING STOP YELLING AT MEEEE my feelings... Meanwhile (and not you directly but other peoples) are doing stupid things and messing peoples shit up. But heaven forbid someone is passionate about what they are doing to get mad at you and raise their voice for you F*cking up.
I'll address everything right now. First, I know I'm not like every other teen. Why? I don't see many 16 year olds on this forum, reading post after post learning and learning. I don't see any other teens EVER at the library reading book after book trying to learn from the best. I also don't see any other kids at my school trying to sell products to the whole school. Finally, I am one of four teens applying to the Merchant Marine Academy in my state. Pretty typical teenager if you ask me. Second of all, wage wage wage. You keep saying why do I deserve more than minimum wage? I'm not working for anyone until my 5 year service commitment. I'll be making my own money, my own way. Also, I laughed at your comment on yelling. I come from a military family, varsity football and track. I get yelled at for a living, when someone I have 0 respect for who thinks they're better than me, even though they barely finished highschool, yells at me, that's when I have a problem.
Thank you though, God Bless!

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I am one of four teens applying to the Merchant Marine Academy in my state
I thought you wanted to become a fastlane entrepreneur? Why the application?

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
LOL this is hilarious.

OP FYI, every day a 16 year old posts here, with a similar post to yours above.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
bRqMZ9y.gif