The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

CharlyRabbit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 22, 2021
Hello I’m Charly The Rabbit and this is my journey as an Indie Maker.
Indie Maker: Person building a software idea that can generate revenue.

The Project (Work in progress)
Viral Quotes (viral-quotes.com) will allows small business owners to viralize their brands without paying ads

What exactly is a Viral Quote?
This type of content is highly shareable on social networks because it makes people feel intelligent and profound, who doesn’t want to look smart?. You can use that human need to promote your brand (Logo and URL)

A crazy pricing model?
I love experimenting with new ideas, to monetize this project two plans will be available
Note: $XX means a fixed price, but I haven’t decided the amount yet.

White: Pay what you want (min $1), show Logo or URL, 30 quotes.
Purple: Pay $XX, show Logo and URL, 600 quotes.

The process will be fully automated, you will receive your Viral Quotes in minutes

The Journey

One time per week I will post my progress here. The initial posts will be related to the development process but once the app is launched I will share my monthly income, expenses, the challenges I face during the journey and how I swing them, and announce possible new features for the future.

Expenses
Let me share some initial numbers with you.
Domain: $20/year
Server power: $5/month
Hosting: $0 (I’m using the free tier of Firebase Hosting)
Development: I’m coding everything by myself, but I will sum the total hours I’ve spent on this project and multiply it by $20, which is the current hourly fee I earn on my day job.
UI Design: 10hrs x $20 = $200 (Yeah I also did the UI Design).

I hope this execution likes you, questions are welcome and advice/feedback super welcome !

Charly The Rabbit

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CharlyRabbit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 22, 2021
Will this be an API?

You've probably listened to this podcast episode on IH. If not, it's worth a listen:
Hey t15 that was a great episode!, thanks for the recommendation :thumbsup:. This initial version won't have an API but is something I will keep in mind for the future.

WEEKLY UPDATE
I was absent for some time because I got sick, but I'm on track again ;)
This week I fully coded Step 3: Square Settings and Step 4: Rectangular Settings screens. Those screens will allows you to positionate your logo and url/brand.

Click the image to play the video:

Mobile View: Click the image to play the video:

This was my progress this week, I hope you find this journey interesting. I'm more closer to the great launch !
Greetings,

Charly The Rabbit

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
May 30, 2023
Dude, wake the hell up. You are violating the commandment of Entry, the need is very weak too.

Look in the future. Is there a tool like yours in 2050 because it was so useful? I doubt it.

t15

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Aug 2, 2021

CharlyRabbit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 22, 2021
2023 is THE YEAR!
Ok, two years have past since my last comment. Sorry about that, I fell in to the confort zone of having a salary and forgot my personal journey of becoming a profitable Indie Maker.

WEEKLY UPDATE

Two weeks ago I was fired ;), this is a good thing because now I can refocus back to this project/journey by using 100% of my time. Gladly, I have savings!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: I'm back on track and this project/journey will be launch very soon, I'm tunning the final details and I will let you know when its ready!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
How is this any better or more valuable than 10000000000 free quote makers online? Or Canva? Or its 1000000 competitors?

CharlyRabbit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 22, 2021
Exciting News! Viral Quotes is a reality !!!
Get Ready to Ignite Your Marketing Game with Viral Quotes!

Check out Viral Quotes at viral-quotes.com - The ultimate platform to create eye-catching branded viral quotes effortlessly!
For a limited time, grab our special launch price!

Viral Quote Homepage.png

Greetings,
Charly the Rabbit

How is this any better or more valuable than 10000000000 free quote makers online? Or Canva? Or its 1000000 competitors?
Glad you ask! As you said on a quote "maker" you need to make the quotes, in canva? good luck ! each image will take you 15 mins. With Viral Quotes is easier:
1) Type your email
2) Upload your logo
3) Pay.

It takes 20 seconds or less to create enough content for a whole year. Try it at viral-quotes.com

leotheperegrine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 4, 2023
Hello I’m Charly The Rabbit and this is my journey as an Indie Maker.
Indie Maker: Person building a software idea that can generate revenue.

The Project (Work in progress)
Viral Quotes (viral-quotes.com) will allows small business owners to viralize their brands without paying ads

What exactly is a Viral Quote?
This type of content is highly shareable on social networks because it makes people feel intelligent and profound, who doesn’t want to look smart?. You can use that human need to promote your brand (Logo and URL)

A crazy pricing model?
I love experimenting with new ideas, to monetize this project two plans will be available
Note: $XX means a fixed price, but I haven’t decided the amount yet.

White: Pay what you want (min $1), show Logo or URL, 30 quotes.
Purple: Pay $XX, show Logo and URL, 600 quotes.

The process will be fully automated, you will receive your Viral Quotes in minutes

The Journey

One time per week I will post my progress here. The initial posts will be related to the development process but once the app is launched I will share my monthly income, expenses, the challenges I face during the journey and how I swing them, and announce possible new features for the future.

Expenses
Let me share some initial numbers with you.
Domain: $20/year
Server power: $5/month
Hosting: $0 (I’m using the free tier of Firebase Hosting)
Development: I’m coding everything by myself, but I will sum the total hours I’ve spent on this project and multiply it by $20, which is the current hourly fee I earn on my day job.
UI Design: 10hrs x $20 = $200 (Yeah I also did the UI Design).

I hope this execution likes you, questions are welcome and advice/feedback super welcome !

Charly The Rabbit
What tech stack are you using? Are you just doing react with Firebase or are you doing anything more complicated?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.