The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm at the worst point of my life

unorthodox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Apr 15, 2015
Everything spiraled downhill real fast last summer after I became a convicted felon.

My driver license was suspended for a year (5 months to go)

I was working as a Real Estate agent making progress then had to quit since I lost my driver license. I work 2 shit jobs I can't stand and the income is just enough to get by. My parents are broke so I have to help with rent, food etc.

I'm constantly applying for jobs, it's a miracle to get an interview. Once they find out you're a felon, your cut.

I stay positive for a few days then reality sets in hard, my mind knows I'm bullshitting myself.

Broke. No degree, some sales experience. 25 years old with big dreams.

The only positive thing is I got rid of my financed car and bought a cheap $2k cash car and paid off half of my consumer credit card debt.

What would you guys do?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Become an entrepreneur which then you have full control. Very simple. Learn to go around the obstacles, create your own reality, and get out of the victim mentality. What's done is done in the past. What will you do differently today then you did yesterday. Change your life around.
Mindset (Beliefs, thoughts)
Regulate emotions
Use your feelings and emotions for leverage to build your business
Who do you hang around?
Guess you can do the same thing you've always done or do something different.

G

GuestUserX09

Due to the rules of common humanity, your worst point feels equally as tragic as everyone else's since nobody else understands anything worse than their worst.

With that said, I'm so thankful for the worst period of my life. It's in our darkness we discover our true light.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
The truth is no one can tell you what to do.

I can only tell you to read The Millionaire Fastlane . Then stay on here and read. There's a road in life that doesn't give a shit about your past.

The thing is, you have to take the right action to get on that road.

MJs book and this place can kick you in the right direction, but it's you who has to put the learnt into action.

I hope you'll read the book and stay on here. Because it can help you to get onto this road.

Good luck man :)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
The task of your journey is to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

You have been a member here since April 2015. You have 23 posts in that time. Hopefully you are filled up with what not to do.

Now it's time to figure out what you do want and how to get it. This is the path you chose. It is your story to write and your legacy to live.

I assume you are living with someone, parents? What are you learning on your shit jobs to take with you on the next step? What is your next step?

Yeah, it's tough. You broke some major rules and it will continue to cost you for a while.

Sounds like you need to earn trust back. Would your current shit job employers be a good reference for the next step? If not why not?

The next step and all following steps are yours.

Good luck.

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
Hey, I just want to say that sometimes when our life is at the lowest, that's exactly what we need to give us the extra kick to greatness.

With that said, your post can be summed up as "My life sucks shit,I can't think for myself so tell me what to do please"

Here's what I think you should do. It's just my opinion and not necessarily the best way.

Read the recommended books here and gold threads. This will help you change your mindset. There's probably a gold thread for every type of business. Self publishing/Ecommerce on Amazon/inventing your own product/Local service business...

Also, everyone will tell you that money comes when you offer value, and solve problems for other people. Well you have a giant F*cking problem, solve it for yourself!

For example -> Work two shit jobs, cant get jobs due to felon status. Solution -> Get a job that does not require background checks and don't tell them you are a felon. Work as a waiter or in sales to make more money etc..etc..

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
You are at the worst point of your life,because you convince yourself so. Remember: when there's no enemy within, the enemies outside can do no harm to you.

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
You can't be fired if you are your own boss.

There are dozens of routes to take when deciding to make your own business, taking into consideration your financial situation I would suggest eCommerce and drop shipping since it doesn't require much cash up front.

Good luck man, and I hope I just didn't give advice to a murderer.

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
Everyone's going to tell you some motivational stuff. But it seems like you're looking for a road map. So I would recommend that you read The Millionaire Fastlane --> learn how to write copy --> opportunity will rise from there. That's the steps I took and I'm finally starting to hit my stride and I have a business in the works. Hope that helps.

P.S Start by changing your morning routine as well. Wake up at 5 or 6, hit the gym, meditate, go to work, come home and learn (and do). Get rid of the TV and any other distractions you may have.

limitless_c

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Apr 29, 2016
Chile
P.S Start by changing your morning routine as well. Wake up at 5 or 6, hit the gym, meditate, go to work, come home and learn (and do). Get rid of the TV and any other distractions you may have.

This.

Wake up every single day at 5am and DO something, this the point of your life where you decide if you are going to be broke and miserable for the rest of your life or if you are going to work until you reach what you want.
Almost every great entrepreneur goes through hard times, just do a little research.

I believe you are going to make it, you are here because you want to do that, right?

"A year from now you may wish you had started today"

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
Ryan Stewman. Michael Santos.

Learn sales.

Be valuable.

There are jobs available to felons - it depends on the offense and the company policy. Starting your own company is best, but not easy. Trust me when I tell you that you are limiting yourself with negative thinking. You're healthy, right? Good looking, smart, loved..feel the gratitude, and realize your power to change your life.

I'm not going to go off on a rant about the US prison system. For all I know, you're a scumbag thieving lowlife. But that's the point. No one knows. And most people don't care as long as you do something different and useful.

WinYourself

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
304%
Aug 11, 2013
Search the forum for hustling. Nobody can keep you from doing it, your past doesn't matter for this.

There are several proven methods out there how you can start making money without getting a job ever again with little to no capital required.

e.g.

Buy stuff for cheap and resell with a little margin
Bring blue color worker and clients together for a fee
Do copywriting or any other skill that is on demand on upwork or any other platform
Daily cash work
Create digital products for local business with outsourced production

Once you're back on your feets, leverage what you've learnt and move on to bigger and better things.

I did all of the things I mentioned here when I was at my lowest point. First months of hustling I made around 1k. Second months 2k. It paid the bills and gave me some room to breath, think and try new things. Today, three years later I make on a good day what I made before per months. It's possible to work yourself out of missery if you really want it. Get rid of all the negative influence surrounding you, spend 12 hours each day with revenue generating tasks, and the rest will fall into place.

Last edited:

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
I lost respect - and gained twice as much notoriety - for posting some pretty extreme statements on this site, particularly during one of the "worst" times of my life.

You know what they say: Time heals all wounds.

And you should also know: Time is money.

Ergot, money heals all wounds.

Go get some money: Fast!

Find something to sell.

The simple action of selling, and putting in the FULL energy necessary to sell something legit, will suddenly make this time of your life the best time of your life.

You can either do it on your own (the hard way).

Or, you can find a company to sell for, one with short sales cycles, and the potential for five/six-figure paydays.

I think I just figured out your life for you.

You're welcome.

$$$

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
What was the charge?

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
What would you guys do?

i have news for you : life is shit and then we die.

so you have to do what inteligence tells you to do, not society.

95 % of people don't understand the thing i am saying.

maybe you should look here : http://www.powerwealthandsuccess.com/

this author changed my life.

because what he says resonate with me .

if you don't have a vision, you are already dead.

most people die at 25 and are buried at 80. they stopped dreaming and went nowhere.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

because what he says resonate with me .

if you don't have a vision, you are already dead.

most people die at 25 and are buried at 80. they stopped dreaming and went nowhere.
Here is where I wish we had a "dislike"

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I would say that this is not relevant. We are not here to judge... Even if it was theft or assault, it should not have anything to do with our advice.
But the public has a right to know.

No, they don't.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
I lost respect - and gained twice as much notoriety - for posting some pretty extreme statements on this site, particularly during one of the "worst" times of my life.

You know what they say: Time heals all wounds.

And you should also know: Time is money.

Ergot, money heals all wounds.

Go get some money: Fast!

Find something to sell.

The simple action of selling, and putting in the FULL energy necessary to sell something legit, will suddenly make this time of your life the best time of your life.

You can either do it on your own (the hard way).

Or, you can find a company to sell for, one with short sales cycles, and the potential for five/six-figure paydays.

I think I just figured out your life for you.

You're welcome.

$$$
BRU i LOVE this guy LMAO . His answer is always "get money" but in such a way you cant disagree , mannnnnnnnn i wanna grow up to be better then him

Last edited:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

Ok, too quick to judge your post. You did give the poster advice on something to read after all.

Life is only shit if you think it is. You could have all kinds of afflictions and still have a good life if that is your choice. You can also have a shit life if you have everything.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
One might say that @AndrewNC cursed you with this, when he penned and posted his already infamous "I hope you fail" thread.

I'm only partially kidding.

Anyway.

Can you still look yourself in the mirror?

Do you see a winner? If you can't convince yourself of THAT, then don't even bother playing the game. The Game respects winners. It chews up, spits out and leaves broke (and broken) the casual participants.

It's a dog-eat-dog world.

You've been thrown to the wolves. Will you be quietly and pathetically eaten alive... or will you come back leading the entire pack?

Better sharpen your teeth and strengthen your bite. Spend less time howling at the moon, and more time turning gleaming fangs toward fate's jugular.

Quitters stop. Winners keep going. Isn't it really that simple?

For reasons within and without our control, some of our mistakes, blunders and low points in life become public.

At least we're not celebrities, our every move analyzed and scrutinized, people that don't know you mangling, misinterpreting, misunderstanding, and misrepresenting you on a massively public scale.

Nothing gives haters a lifetime supply of cups of STFU than bricks of cash. "Can't see you 'cause all the money's in the way" type money.

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Fake it until you make it.

"You are successful, you are healthy, you are good looking and women love you. Your business clients love you to." None of this is true yet? Don't even matter, tell yourself it anyways and start acting like it is true because it will be soon.

What do successful people do? Maybe they get up earlier than everyone else and do productive shit while everyone else is still sleeping. Could you be like them? Maybe get up an hour or two earlier than normal every morning and do some body weight exercises, read some books, and prepare a healthy meal. Boom, you are already ahead of most everyone else who is just rolling out of bed.

Look at that, everyone else is just waking up and you already filled your body with proper nutrition, got a free workout, and filled your mind with some new information. Think the rest of your day is going to be more productive than it normally would have been? You bet it will be!

Stop *thinking* about what you should be doing, and just start doing it! Inertia. It just takes a little bit of positive action to start that ball rolling, eventually it will take over and you wont be able to stop even if you try.

unorthodox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Apr 15, 2015
Wow. A lot of inspirational advice here. I truly appreciate everybody that took time to post.

The charge wasn't intentional at all, I just made a bad/selfish/stupid decision and later turned myself in. Since my record was crystal clean and I explained to the judge I wanted to take responsibility for my actions, I didn't get any jail time.

Definitely considering sales then eventually business, I got the hustle in me. Hourly wages are nowhere near satisfying.

Once again thanks everybody.

It's time to grab life by the horns!

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
I dont know where I heard this.
But this is key - "Rise to the occasion"
You need to basically push hard and solve the problem, otherwise you are just apathetic.

In the book power vs force the author talks about different levels of consciousness. I will write it from bottom to top
  1. Shame (You think your mere existence is disgraceful)
  2. Guilt (You hate yourself)
  3. Apathy (You feel helpless)
  4. Grief (You start crying because there is no help)
  5. Fear (You start getting stressed because help is not coming)
  6. Desire (You start taking action. Now you desire money, desire girls, desire acceptance)
  7. Anger (You get angry because you dont get what you desire. You are taking action but you have no result)
  8. Pride (Your self esteem has increased. But thats also your weakness)
  9. Courage (You are willing to fail and lose your ego. THIS IS THE TIPPING POINT. AS LONG AS YOU REACH HERE ITS AWESOME !!!)
  10. Neutraility (You dont care about ego. You are unattached to outcome)
  11. Willingness (You are willing to do whatever it takes. You overcome all inner resistance)
  12. Acceptance (You accept who you are and what you do. This is when you learn not to dabble. This is when you learn self discipline and mastery.)
  13. Reason (You are at a level of information and understanding as the major tool of success)
  14. Love (You want to give more than take. You are at a level of true happiness)
  15. Joy (Constant unconditional love to humanity and the world)
  16. Peace (Transcendance, self realizations, god consciousness)
  17. Enlightenment (Complete oneness. You are a F*cking avatar untouchable by any external stimulus. Your mere presence will improve peoples life)
I think you are at grief (level 4) because the world is against you. I was at the same level a few months ago (You can read my earlier threads in the forum if you want to dig in). The action to take for you is all out there (Freelancing, business, marketing yada yada) but you will have to climb this ladder of consciousness. Awareness about the ladder of consciousness will help immensely. As long as you reach level 9 (courage) you are doing really well. Anything above 12 is kinda extreme lol.

Its a little hard to understand this to people with normal experiences but when shit hits the bricks like in your case the chart above should make a lot of sense.

To know more you can take my fricking notes for free - https://www.evernote.com/shard/s697...3a7dfcd4c1a3/9c9966d8ee9781bd09d886bcfba21697

Do well brother.

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
You need a 2-track solution:

1. You need to drive down your cost of living. The best way to do that is with real estate. You need a triplex or a 4-plex. You, possibly you and your parents, live in one unit, and rent out the rest. If you do this right, you should be able to live for free, and potentially earn some. I don't know whether criminal record impacts your ability to get a loan, but I think it's still possible, as long as you have some income. And if not, there are lots of creative ways. Point being - income-producing RE is one avenue to pursue.

2. Additionally, I agree that the internet offers options. However, I disagree that the reason behind this is anything to do with anonymity. Just the opposite. You are in a difficult spot. How many others are in similar situations?! What if you could create a blue-print to help them based on the solutions you figure out for yourself... This is my #2 suggestion: once you make progress with RE, you will have a very compelling story to sell, which will be the honest truth. Create a website and a course/handbook/blueprint call it what you want. Sell it for $100, $200, $300 - something people who need it can afford. Help 20 people each month, and create $2,000 - $6,000 topline. This becomes your revenue stream -- how many courses sold would it take to do better than you are doing now, especially considering that you will have alleviated your expenses through house-hacking...?!

Good luck, man!

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Stop *thinking* about what you should be doing, and just start doing it! Inertia. It just takes a little bit of positive action to start that ball rolling, eventually it will take over and you wont be able to stop even if you try.

Exactly, and true in sales.

Get one deal done, and get paid on it, and now you have $5,000, $10,000, $50,000... $100,000+. Proof positive that you can DO IT, and all that remains is to figure out how to do it repeatedly, as often as possible. Directly, at first, then recruiting.

When I say "sales," I don't mean old-school sales, like you standing on a car lot and trying to sell a 2015 Honda Civic.

I mean a high-ticket sales item (something very expensive), with a six, seven or eight figure price tag. I mean negotiating the deal so that you get a significant chunk of the profit/revenue created on the sale.

Close some deals, change your life.

Don't get me wrong. Money can't "buy" happiness, because - technically speaking - "happiness" is not really sold anywhere, as a product or service (arguable, perhaps).

The goal is to sell something - with very high commission potential - and do so with just a phone and laptop.

Do it from home. Do it from your beach home. Do it on the jet. Do it on the boat.

Hustle from your bedroom or living room, or while watching a sunset on the beach.

However, there is a long list of things that money CAN buy, many of which could make you happy.

Besides, happiness - like most things in life - comes and goes. Even if your life plan is to "ride the wave" surfers know that sometimes you have to "wait for the big one."

The key is to not panic when it feels as though you're lost at sea... because with hustling, it is hard work - not the moon - that makes the tide turn.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
@Ubermensch , @blackkramer , @SteveO .... I love reading your insights and knowledge. I hope I can sit and have a soda with you fellas one day soon.

@unorthodox .... The responses here are Gold brother ! I hope you think, meditate, and practice these suggestions. Everyone wants you to do well and you will if you heed the advice given.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.