The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm a Doctor Who Has C0VlD-19. AMA

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I got through to him on Facebook. Sounds like he is sick, but fine. It also sounds like he has other issues. I'm hoping to meet with him in September while in his neck of the woods.

Nothing to be alarmed about at this moment.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
I give it about a 70% chance that we make 2021 the first tax year down there. I did a show on it with a tax expert down there yesterday actually. We are going to visit soon to scope out places to live.
If I could convince my wife we would be there or Costa Rica. I don't think my chances are high on that front besides maybe getting a vacation rental if the market is good.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Sister in laws brother died 1 1/2 weeks ago from Covid and his roommate 5 days after. Under 40yrs and was heavyset with diabetes. Roommate was around 60, no clue on history.

My neighbor caught it on a platform while working. Couple guys got sent off 2 days prior and when he woke up with 101 fever they flew him in. Caught it right away and medicated (will have to ask his wife what with) and seems to be doing good. ~50-58 yrs

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Any update? Here or through the grapevine?

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
For my post, neighbor is now home from quarantine with his wife, so sounds good. I haven't caught him outside on our evening walks yet to talk to him.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Recovered yet? Think I might have it after my vacation (it's been a week since I'm back home). Scratchy throat, lodged mucus between nose/throat (very sticky), slight cough and kind of run down feeling.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Alright guys, let me chime in here for a bit.

I had covid, and it sucked. It was a mild case, but it sucked. At this point I don’t know what was worse, the 2 weeks I was sick, or the post-covid symptoms that linger around.

I’m 27 years old, always been in shape and ate healthy most of my life. I didn’t think I’d get it because the numbers were still low but I was wrong.

Anytime your body feels sub-optimal you notice. I noticed I was getting sick and didn’t think much of it, it wasn’t until a few days later it started to get worse.

I had every symptom, albeit mildly. Diarrhea, fatigue, night sweats, chest pains, head aches, you name it.

I never felt the need to go to the hospital and my O2 levels were pretty good most of the time.

After 2 weeks I started to come out of it. But since then I’ve experienced lower back pains, back aches, headaches, sore joints, palpitations, etc.

It’s not worth it. Those few restaurants I went to wasn’t worth feeling less than 100%. Who knows what kind of lasting damage this virus has done, or will do to my body; even in a mild case. We barely know anything about it.

We have it so good here in America, we complain about everything. Literally everything can be delivered to our door for Christ’s sakes. Yet we want to complain about wearing masks and just find something to be pissed off about. Our grandparents gave up so much more for this country, or to get to this country, not wearing a mask should make you feel ashamed of yourself. Man up.

I don’t think Americans know what it’s like to have their rights stripped away from them. To have absolute nothing, and then for more to be taken from them.

There’s thousands of essential workers putting their health (and life) on the line to give us some of the normalcy we’re so accustomed to; and I don’t hear them complaining much about wearing masks.

Show some empathy for those that had it worse. It’s common courtesy, like a smile or a handshake, a symbol that we’re all in this together.

This is still the beginning, who knows how this will affect people’s health in the long run. Will it be similar to the SARS1 virus? Will it stay in our bodies dormant and come out from time to time? Will our organs and health be affected years from now?

This will affect the economy and people’s ability to work and produce.

I hope everyone comes out of this more compassionate and empathetic towards others.

If we can’t agree to solve this problem, what will happen when deadlier disease or pandemic comes about?

This was small in comparison to the 1918 flu, but we should take it every bit as serious.

Anyways, my questions for @Iwokeup and @GIlman is, do you think damage done by the virus is irreversible?

Do we completely get rid of the virus, or does it stay with us forever?

And will doctors treat patients for post-covid related symptoms for years to come?

And will it be classified as having a pre-existing condition?

Last edited:

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
You likely have post-viral fatigue due to inflammation. Research natural TNF-alpha inhibitors (fish oil, turmeric, boswellia, propolis, marijuana/THC to name a few). TNF-a is the cytokine that's causing inflammation.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
You likely have post-viral fatigue due to inflammation. Research natural TNF-alpha inhibitors (fish oil, turmeric, boswellia, propolis, marijuana/THC to name a few). TNF-a is the cytokine that's causing inflammation.
I had blood work done and everything came back normal.

But yeah, every part of my body has felt some pain/inflammation to some degree; internally and externally.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Alright guys, let me chime in here for a bit.

I had COVID, and it sucked. It was a mild case, but it sucked. At this point I don’t know what was worse, the 2 weeks I was sick, or the post-covid symptoms that linger around.

I’m 27 years old, always been in shape and ate healthy most of my life. I didn’t think I’d get it because the numbers were still low but I was wrong.

Anytime your body feels sub-optimal you notice. I noticed I was getting sick and didn’t think much of it, it wasn’t until a few days later it started to get worse.

I had every symptom, albeit mildly. Diarrhea, fatigue, night sweats, chest pains, head aches, you name it.

I never felt the need to go to the hospital and my O2 levels were pretty good most of the time.

After 2 weeks I started to come out of it. But since then I’ve experienced lower back pains, back aches, headaches, sore joints, palpitations, etc.

It’s not worth it. Those few restaurants I went to wasn’t worth feeling less than 100%. Who knows what kind of lasting damage this virus has done, or will do to my body; even in a mild case. We barely know anything about it.

We have it so good here in America, we complain about everything. Literally everything can be delivered to our door for Christ’s sakes. Yet we want to complain about wearing masks and just find something to be pissed off about. Our grandparents gave up so much more for this country, or to get to this country, not wearing a mask should make you feel ashamed of yourself. Man up.

I don’t think Americans know what it’s like to have their rights stripped away from them. To have absolute nothing, and then for more to be taken from them.

There’s thousands of essential workers putting their health (and life) on the line to give us some of the normalcy we’re so accustomed to; and I don’t hear them complaining much about wearing masks.

Show some empathy for those that had it worse. It’s common courtesy, like a smile or a handshake, a symbol that we’re all in this together.

This is still the beginning, who knows how this will affect people’s health in the long run. Will it be similar to the SARS1 virus? Will it stay in our bodies dormant and come out from time to time? Will our organs and health be affected years from now?

This will affect the economy and people’s ability to work and produce.

I hope everyone comes out of this more compassionate and empathetic towards others.

If we can’t agree to solve this problem, what will happen when deadlier disease or pandemic comes about?

This was small in comparison to the 1918 flu, but we should take it every bit as serious.

Anyways, my questions for @Iwokeup and @GIlman is, do you think damage done by the virus is irreversible?

Do we completely get rid of the virus, or does it stay with us forever?

And will doctors treat patients for post-covid related symptoms for years to come?

And will it be classified as having a pre-existing condition?

Really sorry to hear that my friend.

It's concerning to me as I'm 30 and in shape. I thought I would run through it like a common cold.

Sucks to see your young like me, and still are feeling it's effects.

No way I'm going back to work.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Well said Tony!
This is one of the most sensible posts I've seen on these covid threads.
Thanks. It’s pretty startling seeing such a lewd display in human nature.

We’re ALL susceptible to catching this virus. I thought I was special and it would be a breeze. But I was wrong. It’s been 6 weeks since I “recovered”, but I don’t feel recovered. I feel like it still lingers and haunts me a bit. Everyday is a small battle to win.

We need to take this seriously, and give it the respect it deserves.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Really sorry to hear that my friend.

It's concerning to me as I'm 30 and in shape. I thought I would run through it like a common cold.

Sucks to see your young like me, and still are feeling it's effects.

No way I'm going back to work.
Did you catch it?

Yeah it’s been quite an adventure haha thankfully I still have my energy and my lungs feel fine. But boy did it takes its toll on my psyche.

Maybe I had it less bad because of my O blood type? Who knows.

This virus doesn’t care who you are, your age, or how tough you think you are or how fake news you think it is; it will catch you, and squeeze the life out of you slowly, until you’re praying for mercy for it to be over.

There’s quite nothing like being in the hands of your creator by an enemy you can’t even see, much less do anything about once it’s inside you. Once it’s in there, hold on for dear life because it can go south, you just never know.

Again, I was stable thankfully, but at what cost? We will see in the future.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Doc are you around? I will try and message him offline also. @SteveO anything you can share?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Did you catch it?

Yeah it’s been quite an adventure haha thankfully I still have my energy and my lungs feel fine. But boy did it takes its toll on my psyche.

Maybe I had it less bad because of my O blood type? Who knows.

This virus doesn’t care who you are, your age, or how tough you think you are or how fake news you think it is; it will catch you, and squeeze the life out of you slowly, until you’re praying for mercy for it to be over.

There’s quite nothing like being in the hands of your creator by an enemy you can’t even see, much less do anything about once it’s inside you. Once it’s in there, hold on for dear life because it can go south, you just never know.

Again, I was stable thankfully, but at what cost? We will see in the future.

I didn't catch it, and I don't want to catch it.

I will let us get back on topic now.

Don't want to derail the thread.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
For my post, neighbor is now home from quarantine with his wife, so sounds good. I haven't caught him outside on our evening walks yet to talk to him.
Ok my neighbor is back home after two negative tests. Total time since the first day he recorded a temperature was 5 weeks. At around 1 1/2 weeks after the initial fever is when his back started hurting really bad to the point he couldn't move around well (previous issues I think, but the inflammation seemed to be from the virus). Before this he was just taking a lot of vitamins, nothing prescribed.

He went in to a quick care hospital for "his back" - they knew he had covid though. These are normally privately ran hospitals for those not familiar. Besides a shot for the pain they gave him a Z-pak and 2 cold medications and maybe one more for his "possible pneumonia " and like 1 day later felt 10x better until quarantine ended.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007