The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm 25, looking for financial direction (update)

Ricky247

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 26, 2011
Hey guys, a while back I made a post mentioning that I'm 25, have 10-11k stored up and am looking for financial direction. I wanted to update you on my progress. All of your answers were helpful, I took all of your advice and started hitting the pavement. I've now come back a little bit wiser, wealthier, and my plan is sharper. All of you were very helpful and friendly and that's what I love about this forum.

I made connections with a web design company and I'm getting residually paid by them as a writer and I'm going to have a meeting in Ny to be interviewed to work for a production company/personal assistant. :) From your advice, I'm getting stuff done and made good money, hustling.

I have more knowledge on how to move, and find a place with relatively inexpensive rent in Brooklyn. I'm trying my hardest, to build my life from the ground up. I'm serious about this. And I'm going to do this period.

At the same time, I have a lot of good money stored up, and thought maybe I can partially buy a partnership in a local store or restaurant, etc. I want to make it clear that I've read a lot on this forum as you've guys told me to, I listened, I just don't know what works. So, the first step I need to make is:

1) Either make a good investment with the money I have that can allow me to convert it into more stable money. And move out. EX: own part of a store and then work as apart of it.
2) Find a good source of income and continue to build my money - while moving out.
One I've discovered after research is a website admin - this would allow me to work from my PC and administrate a companies web page. But I don't know what to find that type of work.

So, I ask you all plainly, what do you recommend me to do in order to make money. If I can solve this part, it would take care of everything. All that is left is, how to make money. If that's in place - just enough to cover bills and food - I'd be satisfied, for now - in order to cover the move.

Due to my health, I need to do work that doesn't require physical labor. Like working from my laptop, etc.

P.S. A bit about me, I have a muscle disease and deal with consistent pain, it may be there for the rest of my life. I'm also undergoing a form of chemo therapy - it may be for the remainder of my life, but I'm not making excuses, I'm giving it my all no matter how hard it is, I'm playing my hand. And, I will also respond back to everyone that messages me on here. If you'd like to be my mentor or even allow me to work for you, just private message me!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
A

Anon1351z

I was about as plain as can be in your other thread about how I believe freelance web development is a fairly dummy-proof way to making decent coin.

Beyond that, It's extremely difficult for someone that has never met you to give you advice on what you should do to make money. I think you have to look at your own strengths and weaknesses, then find something that plays to your strengths. Are you good with people? Maybe sell a service. Are you a STEM whiz? Consider option trading or software development.

There are a bunch of amazing gold threads on the forum where people have walked us through their businesses and the different challenges they have faced. I would recommend reading the ones that are from an industry you're considering.

All in all, there's no correct answer to what you should do. Being an entrepreneur partially means making decisions without complete information and figuring it out as you go.

Good luck, I'm rooting for you.

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
I was about as plain as can be in your other thread about how I believe freelance web development is a fairly dummy-proof way to making decent coin.

I can attest to this - the upshot is the number of idiots calling themselves "web developers" is unreal. If you're going to do it, make sure you're good at it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.