The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If you experienced the ''Monkey Mind'' before this is something you need to know

Anything related to matters of the mind

Luis Weiland

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 13, 2020
The National Science Foundation published an article summarizing research on human thoughts per day. It was found that the average person has about 12,000 to 60,000 thoughts per day. Of those thousands of thoughts, 80% were negative, and 95% were exactly the same repetitive thoughts as the day before. We can see that one of the tendencies of the mind is to focus on the negative and ‘play the same songs’ over and over again. There was another interesting study, in which scientists found that firstly 85% of what we worry about never happens. Secondly, with the 15% of the worries that did happen, 79% of the subjects discovered that either they could handle the difficulty better than expected, or that the difficulty taught them a lesson worth learning.

The conclusion is that 97% of our worries are baseless and result from an unfounded pessimistic perception. These baseless worries are a major cause of stress, tension, and cause of exhaustion not only for the mind but also for the physical body.

If you had a moment of sudden insight right now and want to change your way of thinking, feel free to reach out to me,
I'm happy to answer your questions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

saidotcoach

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 8, 2020
I did know this qualitatively but having this quantified is interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The National Science Foundation published an article summarizing research on human thoughts per day. It was found that the average person has about 12,000 to 60,000 thoughts per day. Of those thousands of thoughts, 80% were negative, and 95% were exactly the same repetitive thoughts as the day before. We can see that one of the tendencies of the mind is to focus on the negative and ‘play the same songs’ over and over again. There was another interesting study, in which scientists found that firstly 85% of what we worry about never happens. Secondly, with the 15% of the worries that did happen, 79% of the subjects discovered that either they could handle the difficulty better than expected, or that the difficulty taught them a lesson worth learning.

The conclusion is that 97% of our worries are baseless and result from an unfounded pessimistic perception. These baseless worries are a major cause of stress, tension, and cause of exhaustion not only for the mind but also for the physical body.

If you had a moment of sudden insight right now and want to change your way of thinking, feel free to reach out to me,
I'm happy to answer your questions.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
This sounds like bullshit. The vast majority of thoughts are neutral, not positive or negative. Think about it, your brain is reading these words, scanning the page, you think about being hungry, you think about which lane you should get into when you're driving, you think about how your chair swivels, you think about how you can hear the washing machine make a noise, you think about scrolling through your instagram feed and laughing at funny videos and sending them to your buddy. None of these things are negative or positive.

How do you measure when a thought begins and ends? A blip on a screen showing brain waves? Can a single thought evolve into the next one?

People worry too much, and they don't focus on the positive. I agree. But trying to quantify it is BS.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.