The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If you’re still poor at 35, you deserve it!

Anything related to matters of the mind

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
Don't agree with the heading , but I do like the content.Perhaps he just turned 35. Lol.I know many that were poor at 45 and made it. All in the mindset IMO. Great content Emanuel and thanks for sharing. PS interesting links in there also.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Be water my friend
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 17, 2014
O..'.....
I completely agree with the title. First of all it's a great copy and got my attention and secondly 'poor' can be taken on many levels.

In any society, poor is generally defined as being on the bottom of the social economic scale. It doesn't take much to be average or in this case above being poor. For example in America a two year degree in college can get you a decent job, which places you above someone who never went to college. An adequate slow-laner is still in this sense better off than a poor side-walker.

The average graduating age of Higher school seniors is 18. They can go to college for 2-4 years and get a good job around 22-25. They stick with their profession for a decade and by then their salary or wage should double which places them higher on the scale. A person without a college degree can stay with a job, but if he/she is willing to work hard they will find the opportunity to move up the company ladder as well.

So that leaves the guy who never went to college but also never worked on improving himself nor learn to recognize opportunities went it comes knocking on his door and misses it. A couple of decades go by and he's going through a mid-life crisis at 35-40 wondering what went wrong. Then by golly he fully deserves to be poor.

However there are few individuals that due to economic or personal hardship causes them delay in their achievements. They are poor in cash but rich in head, heart, and soul. They are optimistic and realize that with the power of their will they can overcome their hardships even at 45 or 60.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Loved the link thank you.
But in terms of being poor it can mean many different things to people.
But what means more than any value of money is a person feeling satisfied. I know this is irrelevant but if a person is in a job they like married with a kid then they may feel satisfied, good luck to them.
Just I on the other hand have a life long ambition to be successful in business.
Also im pretty sure Duncan Bannatyne was pretty much a beach bum up until he was 29-31. Things happen with effort and drive.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Not everyone makes the commitment to get rich in their 20s, like a lot of the people here.

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Good article. I think you can apply that age any. If you are still "poor" at 18, you deserve it! If you are still "poor" at 27, you deserve it. If you are still "poor" at 53, you deserve it etc etc.

Obviously "poor" is relative, but I get the sentiment.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Good article. I think you can apply that age any. If you are still "poor" at 18, you deserve it! If you are still "poor" at 27, you deserve it. If you are still "poor" at 53, you deserve it etc etc.

Obviously "poor" is relative, but I get the sentiment.

being poor in the USA is probably better than being poor in Africa anyway

so the word " poor " doesn't really mean anything

slowlaners at the minimum wages in the USA have a wonderful life compared to 99.99 % of known history .

joee.jpg

they have even a better life than kings in Egypt 3,000 years ago

kings didn't have tap water at will, electricity, cars , etc etc

most people in history( or even in the world today ) would be glad to exchange their lives for the life of the average " poor " Joe in america

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
being poor in the USA is probably better than being poor in Africa anyway

so the word " poor " doesn't really mean anything

slowlaners at the minimum wages in the USA have a wonderful life compared to 99.99 % of known history .

View attachment 21995

they have even a better life than kings in Egypt 3,000 years ago

kings didn't have tap water at will, electricity, cars , etc etc

most people in history( or even in the world today ) would be glad to exchange their lives for the life of the average " poor " Joe in america

Expertly observed...
So if you're on minimum wage you should just accept that?
Since you're living better than 99.99% of human history right?
I'll be surprised if you even bother to reply, you never do

Davejemmolly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Oct 1, 2018
Australia
I guess Rich is a relative term as well.
If you make $150k per year as a slow laner, but can afford a nice house, and kids are in a good school, but you're still selling time for money... are you rich or poor?

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
These two are fantastic books about our "kidult" generations

812pT1QRzUL.jpg

and

81esxbRD8BL.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.