The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

IDEAS that need an EXECUTIONEER... (READ FIRST)

Learn how to build wealth and win financial freedom the Fastlane way!

Say "NO" to mediocre living rife with jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs who are making it happen.
Join for FREE Today
Get the books
Remove ads? Join Fastlane INSIDERS
(Registration removes this block)
Idea threads

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
1) The IDEA
Custom cardboard shipping box machine.

2) The PROBLEM
It's hard to find the perfect box. There's a lot of guesswork in figuring out what size box you need to ship an item. Yes, you can measure but then there are things like Styrofoam bumpers, peanuts, and bubble wrap the must be accounted for while measuring and it's not always easy to measure those. Someone who has this problem is Amazon, they'll send a small package in a box 100x's bigger than what's inside.

3) The SOLUTION
Create a machine that creates the perfect box for any item. It can use 3D Printer laser to measure the dimensions and upload it to the cutting machine. Once uploaded the machine will cut out from a cardboard a box that you can put together yourself by gluing on the designated parts that the machine has laser-printed instructions on. Also, it can laser print the shipping address, barcodes etc.

4) The RESULT
A custom box that will fit whatever item you made it for perfectly including the peanuts, bubble wraps or styrofoam bumpers. All without wasting cardboard because the smaller pieces can be used to make other smaller boxes.

5) The MARKET
Post offices, fulfillment centers, companies basically anyone who needs to send a package through the mail.

6) The FASTLANE model
License out the design for the machines. Sell the machines or rent them out.

7) The BUSINESS model
Royalties, part sales

8) The EXECUTION challenges
You'll need someone to work on the software and find a way to not take too much space.

9) The BRAND idea
Boxit? (Not sure what is meant by the brand idea)

10) The EXIT strategy
Sale the company or live off from the royalties from licensing

I, [YOURUSERNAME] UNDERSTAND THAT I AM POSTING THIS IDEA WITH NO EXPECTATION OF COMPENSATION, TODAY OR IN THE FUTURE SHOULD THE IDEA BE PURSUED, EXECUTED, OR ATTEMPTED. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IDEA WILL REMAIN VIEWABLE TO ALL INSIDERS AND WILL REMAIN AVAILABLE FOR ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHILE POSTED IN THE INSIDERS DOMAIN. I UNDERSTAND THAT NO COMPENSATION IS DUE SHOULD MY IDEA BECOME EXECUTED OR ATTEMPTED IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE "BOUNTY PRICE" I AM POSTING IS SIMPLY A PAYMENT TO REMOVE THE "INE" POST FROM VIEW AND IT DOES NOT SIGNIFY OWNERSHIP, EXCLUSIVE OR OTHERWISE, TO THE IDEA I AM POSTING.

You may want to make this a separate thread or else it might get lost.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Surf16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 6, 2019
California
I just came across this thread and was so bummed that most of the ideas are gone!

Any way we can get this bumped up (or however threads get updated) so we can start getting new ideas for 2019.

If I am missing a thread that already exist can somebody point me to it?

I would love to hear the great ideas, purchase it and run with it.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
I just came across this thread and was so bummed that most of the ideas are gone!

Any way we can get this bumped up (or however threads get updated) so we can start getting new ideas for 2019.

You are missing a bunch of threads that haven't been acted upon yet. They have the INE in the title I believe.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raoul Duke

#fJb
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 26, 2016

Click on this link and scroll down: Fastlane Ideas: Executioner Needed

You want to view this tag:
ine.png

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I just did see the INE threads. A unique thing!

rodvaN

Coder & Marketer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2020
I have a question:
If the idea already has a working prototype does it fit in here?

I would like to know what people discuss about it since there is no software on the market right now that does it.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
Just an FYI if someone is looking for an INE that was pretty well discussed around here... @WildBill purchased it and it is gone.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Must Read Books...

Explore books recommended by MJ DeMarco and other members of the Fastlane entrepreneurial community.
Fastlane Bookstore