The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

IDEAS that need an EXECUTIONEER... (READ FIRST)

Learn how to build wealth and win financial freedom the Fastlane way!

Say "NO" to mediocre living rife with jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs who are making it happen.
Join for FREE Today
Get the books
Remove ads? Join Fastlane INSIDERS
(Registration removes this block)
Idea threads

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
BUMP - just had an INE purchased Friday.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
If you are posting an INE -- PLEASE FOLLOW THE FORMAT DESCRIBED IN THIS THREAD. (This thread you are reading, first post)

IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE FORMAT, YOUR POST WILL BE DELETED AND YOU WILL BE FORCED TO REPOST.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
Reminder... if you post a INE, this is the format it needs to be in.

garyjsmith

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 28, 2017
Northern VA
Wish I could have been there to see the ones that were scooped up but I'm about 3 years too late.

Great thread, though. I look forward to viewing those still available in FI:Executioners Needed

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
If anyone is wondering, the INE I just posted was purchased so it has since been deleted -- it was live less than an hour. I'm guessing that's a record.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AA1980

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Aug 2, 2017
USA
If anyone is wondering, the INE I just posted was purchased so it has since been deleted -- it was live less than an hour. I'm guessing that's a record.

I was wondering that..I'm assuming it was the one I responded to.. good stuff.

sam9530130

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Dec 29, 2016
Canada
It was a cool idea. For someone like @SinisterLex it's great because you can keep cost/risk very low like MJ said (the statement is vague on purpose, I don't want to mention the idea since it was already taken down). Hopefully, we get a progress thread eventually. I'd like to follow the progress!

AA1980

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Aug 2, 2017
USA
It was a cool idea. For someone like @SinisterLex it's great because you can keep cost/risk very low like MJ said (the statement is vague on purpose, I don't want to mention the idea since it was already taken down). Hopefully, we get a progress thread eventually. I'd like to follow the progress!

Agreed.. it's perfect for @SinisterLex, whereas for someone like me, it would have required bringing someone like @SinisterLex into the mix. Great idea.

Been here for one day and already loving TFLF. Reminds me, I need to write my intro!

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground

I'll probably do a progress thread at some point.

While I'm waiting on the designer to overhaul my site I was looking for something to keep me occupied.

For anyone considering INEs, if something looks perfect for you, just do it.

$100 for an idea tagged by MJ .. my card was on speed dial.

:cool:

AA1980

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Aug 2, 2017
USA

While I'm waiting on the designer to overhaul my site I was looking for something to keep me occupied.

:cool:

Totally. MJ says jump, I'll ask how high!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT

Just pay attention to the "terms" of any agreement since control is a concern. However I know there are other players getting into the game if you don't want to go to the big-boy.

AA1980

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Aug 2, 2017
USA
Just pay attention to the "terms" of any agreement since control is a concern. However I know there are other players getting into the game if you don't want to go to the big-boy.

I'd ask for clarification but I don't want you to have to divulge the idea again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
So I just got word that the purchaser of the INE I posted last week already has his first customer. Freaking exciting!

Andy Black

Pick a direction. Get started. Keep going.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
So I just got word that the purchaser of the INE I posted last week already has his first customer. Freaking exciting!
From idea to first sale in 7 days? Nice.

Hicks

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 28, 2013
UK
Apologies misunderstood....have now made a thread for this idea..

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
FYI, the INE I posted 2 days ago was purchased, so the thread has been deleted.

evlttwin

It's A Long Way To The Top....
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Feb 13, 2013
Southern California

not-mad-amazed.gif

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
Curious, have any of those ideas resulted in 'F*ck you' status yet?

Hmmm, not sure -- I don't remember every one of them that was purchased.

My boxed crate idea did pretty well but the owner reached an impasse on it and ultimately it was sold off.

I still believe that business is a great opportunity.

Another one I posted was regarding audiobook production via ACX, purchased by @SinisterLex. Not sure if he pursued it or not.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
The INE posted by @Scot for the coffee business has been purchased.

@Scot please message me (use forum contact form) via the same email address registered at the forum for payment information.

Congrats!

(Buyer name withheld, not sure if he wants to be known.)

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
The INE posted by @Scot for the coffee business has been purchased.

@Scot please message me (use forum contact form) via the same email address registered at the forum for payment information.

Congrats!

(Buyer name withheld, not sure if he wants to be known.)

Sent!

Looking forward to seeing this executed!

Solais

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Sep 14, 2018
Hmmm, not sure -- I don't remember every one of them that was purchased.

My boxed crate idea did pretty well but the owner reached an impasse on it and ultimately it was sold off.

I still believe that business is a great opportunity.

Another one I posted was regarding audiobook production via ACX, purchased by @SinisterLex. Not sure if he pursued it or not.

I'm really tempted to rent out boxed crates + dollies considering the lack of competition where I live and the high # of people moving in (from California no less...).

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT

Kelvin Fernandez

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
1) The IDEA
Custom cardboard shipping box machine.

2) The PROBLEM
It's hard to find the perfect box. There's a lot of guesswork in figuring out what size box you need to ship an item. Yes, you can measure but then there are things like Styrofoam bumpers, peanuts, and bubble wrap the must be accounted for while measuring and it's not always easy to measure those. Someone who has this problem is Amazon, they'll send a small package in a box 100x's bigger than what's inside.

3) The SOLUTION
Create a machine that creates the perfect box for any item. It can use 3D Printer laser to measure the dimensions and upload it to the cutting machine. Once uploaded the machine will cut out from a cardboard a box that you can put together yourself by gluing on the designated parts that the machine has laser-printed instructions on. Also, it can laser print the shipping address, barcodes etc.

4) The RESULT
A custom box that will fit whatever item you made it for perfectly including the peanuts, bubble wraps or styrofoam bumpers. All without wasting cardboard because the smaller pieces can be used to make other smaller boxes.

5) The MARKET
Post offices, fulfillment centers, companies basically anyone who needs to send a package through the mail.

6) The FASTLANE model
License out the design for the machines. Sell the machines or rent them out.

7) The BUSINESS model
Royalties, part sales

8) The EXECUTION challenges
You'll need someone to work on the software and find a way to not take too much space.

9) The BRAND idea
Boxit? (Not sure what is meant by the brand idea)

10) The EXIT strategy
Sale the company or live off from the royalties from licensing

I, [YOURUSERNAME] UNDERSTAND THAT I AM POSTING THIS IDEA WITH NO EXPECTATION OF COMPENSATION, TODAY OR IN THE FUTURE SHOULD THE IDEA BE PURSUED, EXECUTED, OR ATTEMPTED. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IDEA WILL REMAIN VIEWABLE TO ALL INSIDERS AND WILL REMAIN AVAILABLE FOR ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHILE POSTED IN THE INSIDERS DOMAIN. I UNDERSTAND THAT NO COMPENSATION IS DUE SHOULD MY IDEA BECOME EXECUTED OR ATTEMPTED IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE "BOUNTY PRICE" I AM POSTING IS SIMPLY A PAYMENT TO REMOVE THE "INE" POST FROM VIEW AND IT DOES NOT SIGNIFY OWNERSHIP, EXCLUSIVE OR OTHERWISE, TO THE IDEA I AM POSTING.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Must Read Books...

Explore books recommended by MJ DeMarco and other members of the Fastlane entrepreneurial community.
Fastlane Bookstore