The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

IDEAS that need an EXECUTIONEER... (READ FIRST)

Learn how to build wealth and win financial freedom the Fastlane way!

Say "NO" to mediocre living rife with jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs who are making it happen.
Join for FREE Today
Get the books
Remove ads? Join Fastlane INSIDERS
(Registration removes this block)
Idea threads

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
Have a great FASTLANE idea but you know you don't have the TIME to execute it? Does it fall outside of your current focus? Will that great idea compete with your main business and you know that it's something great, but not something you will pursue?

Then post it here. Let someone else "take" your idea and run with it. If you aren't going to pursue, let someone else take a look at it, and perhaps, execute it.

I get ideas daily. Some of them are great. Some of them, not so.

The idea about renting storage crates was an idea I uncovered when I moved. Turns out, it is being done, albeit, not very well. That's a great idea to pursue with commitment. It's Fastlane under a franchise system. Is it something that can be built in a day or a week? No, we're talking months and years.

So, if you have an idea that you think is Fastlane, but you know it's not in your future lexicon, post it.

I will start in the next post.

If you are posting an idea, please create a new thread and POST IN THIS FORMAT:

Thread: INE: Your Idea
Content:

1) The IDEA

2) The PROBLEM

3) The SOLUTION

4) The RESULT

5) The MARKET

6) The FASTLANE model

7) The BUSINESS model

8) The EXECUTION challenges

9) The BRAND idea

10) The EXIT strategy

---------

11) YOUR BOUNTY PRICE (If Any)*

Your Bounty is the price someone will pay to REMOVE the thread from the discussion, hence, taking a claim to the the idea and it's execution. The Bounty will be paid to the idea creator/thread stater minus a 33% forum commission. If not specified, the minimum bounty is $100 which will be paid by PayPal. If you elect NO BOUNTY, then the idea will stay posted. Please note that paying a bounty DOES NOT give you exclusive ownership to any idea, it simple removes the idea from view and discussion.

12) DISCLAIMER

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR INE...
I, [YOURUSERNAME] UNDERSTAND THAT I AM POSTING THIS IDEA WITH NO EXPECTATION OF COMPENSATION, TODAY OR IN THE FUTURE SHOULD THE IDEA BE PURSUED, EXECUTED, OR ATTEMPTED. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IDEA WILL REMAIN VIEWABLE TO ALL INSIDERS AND WILL REMAIN AVAILABLE FOR ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHILE POSTED IN THE INSIDERS DOMAIN. I UNDERSTAND THAT NO COMPENSATION IS DUE SHOULD MY IDEA BECOME EXECUTED OR ATTEMPTED IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE "BOUNTY PRICE" I AM POSTING IS SIMPLY A PAYMENT TO REMOVE THE "INE" POST FROM VIEW AND IT DOES NOT SIGNIFY OWNERSHIP, EXCLUSIVE OR OTHERWISE, TO THE IDEA I AM POSTING.

13) INSTRUCTIONS ON *BUYING* (REMOVING) AN INE

1) Using the contact form at the bottom of the forum page, message the forum and indicate the INE you want removed.
2) PayPal the bounty price to support@viperionpublishing.com
3) The bounty price will then be forwarded (less the commission) to the INE idea generator.
4) INE's are removed within 12 hours after payment.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Mar 26, 2013
I'll start but I want to preface this with the fact I don't even know that this is possible.

A system that uses temperature monitoring cameras to monitor the tires on a semi truck. The monitoring system will monitor tires to show when a problem is occurring and when failure is prone. Obviously you would have to find the patterns that would show that this is going to happen.

Tires are a huge part of a trucking industries cost next to fuel and maintenance. If you could spot a tire having problems before the problem got serious you could impact every one of these costs.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
Guys please try to use the format provided. Thanks.

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 23, 2013
I'll add one that most people aren't thinking about: VINYL RECORDS. Vinyl sales have tripled from 1.6 million in 2008, to 6 million in 2013, and they will continue to grow. The vinyl movement, coupled with Neil Young's amazing upcoming product Pono (2nd highest funded product in Kickstarter history, proof there's a need) means a shift back toward high quality, high fidelity music. Around 40% of the vinyl in the US is pressed at United Record Pressing in Nashville, they are doubling their size, opening up a new facility this year. I'm not at all saying to start pressing vinyl, but to think about the needs surrounding it.

Here is a great example: http://www.spincleanrecordwasher.com/

Other needs: turntable parts (needles, arms, cartridges, belts), high quality storage crates (think wood, not plastic), dust brushes, online marketplaces specifically for vinyl (screw Ebay). Record stores will also need help transitioning their stock from CD to vinyl, so needs there too.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 8, 2012
Fantastic idea for a thread! It's very interesting to see what other entrepreneurs think of and this is much better than letting ideas go to waste. I will be posting a few ideas in here soon. I hope this thread grows tremendously.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
First person to act on one of the ideas provided here and gets 1 paying customer gets all my internet monies

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Even with an idea, a process, And a step by step....... How many will take action?

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 23, 2013
why not have it inactive? only to be charged once a week or month or whatever, on a stand by mode to be remotely activated when needed only?

just found this.

http://www.loc8tor.com/pets/dogs/loc8tor-pet-gps.html/

@JasonR this company has it figured out, if indeed their product does what it says. They are expensive, I would think one could easily compete on price:

"You can set up a safety zone around your home or neighborhood so you can tell if your dog has escaped from your garden, or gone outside the park. Loc8tor Pet GPS can detect if your dog wanders beyond the zone and send a text message or email alert to your phone so you can get them back straight away."

"Using your Loc8tor GPS on daily walks with your dog, the battery should last for 7-10 days, which is considerably longer than most GPS trackers."

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
This is going to turn out to be one of my favorite threads. Some great ideas being tossed around. And everyone of them have a difficulty to them.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
But overall, AWESOME thread

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Well you wouldn't be the target market or the doctor then... No big deal.

I'm sorry but I don't think most prescriptions should be controlled substances anyway.
What say we bring this to another thread? We can definitely debate this for against, etc. :) We probably agree more than not

frieden70

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 24, 2012
Isn't this basically yelp?

I use Yelp on my mobile all the time when I'm traveling for this exact purpose.

You have some other cool ideas to implement with it though :)

Ok so this is like fastlane idea charity lol

1) The IDEA

Location aware mobile app that helps users choose where to eat and drink

2) The PROBLEM

Your in a new city/town and are unsure where to eat and if its any good

3) The SOLUTION

A geo location aware iphone app that tells you how far to the cool cafe/takeaway/restaurant and any discount coupons they have. Locals are incentivesed to have the app as partners can push through freebies and coupons to people walking nearby.

4) The RESULT

Easy for consumers to pick a cool place to eat
If the cafe is quiet they can push an offer through to nearby app users to gain business

5) The MARKET

Market is huge for eating out, smartphone use is also very high, you are combining both markets.

Tripadvisor has something similar but eateries cannot push offers based on location

6) The FASTLANE model

Software is super fastlane

7) The BUSINESS model

Simple model of free app, free signup to businesses. Businesses pay to push through offers and coupons to nearby app users.

Startup costs are quite high 50k+
Once appis ready then it would take a lot of work to get restaurants and users signed up

9) The BRAND idea

Im sure you can think of a clever name

10) The EXIT strategy

Booking.com may buy your app for billions if it hits the mainstream

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
What say we bring this to another thread?

The way the thread is evolving Ill create a sub-forum and break apart each idea into it's own thread. Then the ideas can be expanded.

Until then, keep the ideas and the expansion flowing...

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
The way the thread is evolving Ill create a sub-forum and break apart each idea into it's own thread. Then the ideas can be expanded.

Until then, keep the ideas and the expansion flowing...

What I think would be even SICKER would be a type of incubator type approach. Given the majority of these ideas are possible homeruns, what if there were teams formed to specifically tackle one or another? Just an idea, perhaps in such a case the forum could receive 10% equity in the company for facilitating feedback/the idea. I think the case studies alone would be priceless. Just trying to line your pockets MJ ;)

Darius

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
PillsNOW

1) The IDEA
Prescriptions made easy.

2) The PROBLEM
It is a pain in the a$$ to get a prescription for what you want.

3) The SOLUTION
PillsNOW... the shady doctor network of the future. We put together a network of doctors that subscribe to our service. They charge a flat rate to "diagnose" you for what ever you think is wrong with yourself and write you a prescription within reason. For example I'm ADD and it has been the worlds biggest bitch to find a doctor, schedule an appointment and get them to write a damn prescription that I know could help me.

"I want modifinil" ok why? "Because I want to be more alert and attentive" ok here.... 2 minutes later, That will be $300... THANKS SHADY DOCTOR! :)

4) The RESULT
Life is just better and easier.

5) The MARKET
Self medicating housewives, hypochondriacs, embarrassed guys with ED and impatient people

6) The FASTLANE model
A lead gen network, guaranteed minimum legal consultation!

7) The BUSINESS model
Put together a network of doctors that want to just churn cash for writing prescriptions. Sell appointments for $300. Pay doctors less. Keep margin.

Legality and compliance... Making sure you can stay in compliance with laws all while making this as easy as possible for the end user.

9) The BRAND idea
Like 1800 pet meds. 1800 pills now

10) The EXIT strategy
Assuming you don't get shut down and thrown in prison... Sell it? :)

Would have been up my alley years ago but I did just show my drug dealer friends.

Darius

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
What I think would be even SICKER would be a type of incubator type approach. Given the majority of these ideas are possible homeruns, what if there were teams formed to specifically tackle one or another? Just an idea, perhaps in such a case the forum could receive 10% equity in the company for facilitating feedback/the idea. I think the case studies alone would be priceless. Just trying to line your pockets MJ ;)

That actually sounds cool.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2014
Netherlands
This is an idea for someone who would be interested. Ha ha... I love meditating at night and lay down. I've done this for the last four years and sometimes meditate for four to five hours. Head sets and head phones suck. Not comfortable. Hurt ears. I've tried different ones and even ear buds. There are very few out there made for resting or meditating with good good sound quality.

2nd part: Mp4 player or phone ends up on the floor. Screens shatter or break. Lap top bright lights. I dropped the mac on the floor once. lol If you could build some kind of device that is small with wire less ear buds that don't kill your ears and don't wrap around you with wires, that would be brilliant. I think plenty of people would appreciate those kind of headsets even on the internet for Long distance relationships online just talking. Before I moved to the Netherlands I spent hours talking online to my partner and some times fall asleep.

It would be simpler to downloading you tube videos, and other meditation streams, etc. The head band looks nice they have on Amazon. What if you don't like things on your head. It's kind of like wearing a winter head band and not to comfortable in the summer months. Your head would be sweating. Maybe someone's already invented it.

This would be my dream come true. lol Something I don't have to worry about falling on the floor, or discomfort. Until one of you amazing inventors build it, I will suffer! :)

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
This is an idea for someone who would be interested. Ha ha... I love meditating at night and lay down. I've done this for the last four years and sometimes meditate for four to five hours. Head sets and head phones suck. Not comfortable. Hurt ears. I've tried different ones and even ear buds. There are very few out there made for resting or meditating with good good sound quality.
2nd part: Mp4 player or phone ends up on the floor. Screens shatter or break. Lap top bright lights. I dropped the mac on the floor once. lol If you could build some kind of device that is small with wire less ear buds that don't kill your ears and don't wrap around you with wires, that would be brilliant. I think plenty of people would appreciate those kind of headsets even on the internet for Long distance relationships online just talking. Before I moved to the Netherlands I spent hours talking online to my partner and some times fall asleep.
It would be simpler to downloading you tube videos, and other meditation streams, etc. The head band looks nice they have on Amazon. What if you don't like things on your head. It's kind of like wearing a winter head band and not to comfortable in the summer months. Your head would be sweating. Maybe someone's already invented it.
This would be my dream come true. lol Something I don't have to worry about falling on the floor, or discomfort. Until one of you amazing inventors build it, I will suffer!

Can you please repost/edit in the format provided. I don't want to be deleting posts. Thank you!

What I think would be even SICKER would be a type of incubator type approach.

I'm thinking of doing something a little different. Details to come.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Feb 7, 2014

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Noise-reduction-sleep-phone-earphones-for_1676352967.html?s=p

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
OK folks, I've moved all the ideas into it's own forum.

Each idea is its own thread and therein can be discussed and expanded on its own merits.

Also I've added this twist, which at the moment, is experimental: If anyone wants to work an an idea, the idea poster can post a BOUNTY price. That price is the price someone will need to pay to REMOVE the idea, it's discussion, and its discussion from public discourse. I honestly don't expect this to happen, but just in case it does, the person originating the idea will get the bounty less a forum commission of 33%. If no bounty is listed, it's minimum is $100.

If someone pays, that means that someone here will be pursuing, committing, and executing an idea posted -- and they don't want it in the lexicon/discussion any longer. Most ideas are too generic (at the moment) but you never know how any idea may evolve it's exploration. As always, I reserve the right to remove this function/feature if it morphs into something undesirable.

PLEASE KEEP THE IDEAS IN LINE WITH REAL IDEAS THAT SOLVE PROBLEMS.

PLEASE USE THE FORMAT PROVIDED. IDEAS OUTSIDE THE FORMAT WILL BE REMOVED.

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2014
Netherlands
Saw that one, but it reminds me of wearing a winter head band while your sleeping. I don't think it would be to comfortable in the hot months. Depends on where you're geographical location. Southern warm countries.

Tiago

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Mar 22, 2014
@MJ DeMarco could you tell a bit more about your moving box idea? That's something I've heard you say through numerous posts and think it can definitely help a lot of people here in Brazil.

Dimski

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
May 24, 2014
Montreal, Canada.
EUREKA!

Reading through the ideas here was like sipping a strong black coffee blended straight for creativity. I'm ecstatic because I just got myself a beautiful idea after six months of demoralizing search for something good. While reading through some of the ideas here, I had and epiphany about something completely different, and it feels like I just earned a million bucks.

I wanted to leave this comment as a thank you to MJ's genius for having this category in the forum, and also to every single Fastlaner that's contributed to the discussions here.

It would seem that this forum of ideas isn't only helping in a linear manner (read idea > like idea > perfect idea > execute idea as if it were your own), but it also helps to jump start your imagination and expand your creativity to new horizons.

Again, many thanks.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
I'm happy to announce that we just had our first bounty paid out!

If you missed that part of this program, if your INE is purchased, you receive 66% of the bounty price which is a minimum of $100, or $66.

When that happens, the INE is deleted from discussion list. It's basically someone saying, "Hell yes, I want to execute on this!"

So if you got a great idea, post it, expound on it, discuss it. You might make a few bucks in doing so and help a fellow Fastlaner get moving.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Must Read Books...

Explore books recommended by MJ DeMarco and other members of the Fastlane entrepreneurial community.
Fastlane Bookstore