The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ideas from Teenage Shark Tank Contestants

Idea threads

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
Monday night, I went to the High School Shark Tank Event - I was mentor for a couple of contestants.

Want to springboard your imagination? Here's the products that were presented:

- stuffed animals with different textures and essential oil diffuser (yes, they brought a stuffed shark!)

- a refillable golf cleaner gizmo that combines a small WD40 canister and a groove cleaner (my guys!)

- a heat status mug with a wider range of heat registers, with a code on the handle

- lemonade mixed with edible glitter for a swirly effect

- a portable chassis for PC gaming computers

- a college app that runs on ads, where HS students fill out one form to apply to all the colleges

- old-fashioned outdoor shoe rubbers - only made of silicone

- a field-of-vision stabilizer gizmo for VR gaming

- low-weight joint braces for night wear

These are all awesome, and the judges really put them through the wringer. The winner was the college app team!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
Very cool. I wish they had that when I was in high school.

An app that runs on ads...
That users only need to visit once...
Who typically don't have money to spend.
That idea won?

And for that reason, I'm out.

Ads for student loans, colleges etc pay out big time on a CPC basis.

You're short sighted on the audience here. It is not repeat customers, but a constant flow of evergreen customers each year.

Much like a mortgage ads, a single customer may have a mortgage once every 15-30 years, there isn't repeat business there either and mortgage sites with ads do very well.

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
I had the exact idea when I was in College 10 years ago.. but an idea is just an idea. Glad someone might be actually making it a reality

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Aug 27, 2017
CA
I'm quite surprised the college app won.

That pretty much already exists and is used on a large scale: the Common App and the Coalition App (both not-for-profits). Either of those allow a standardized application to be mass-sent to colleges. Although, some colleges require additional application work on their own sites, and since those parts are unique to each college, you have to fill them out individually. The Common App already is pretty much universally used by high schoolers, and I really cannot envision any app (with ads too) competing with it.

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Aug 27, 2017
CA
Ads for student loans, colleges etc pay out big time on a CPC basis.

You're short sighted on the audience here. It is not repeat customers, but a constant flow of evergreen customers each year.

Much like a mortgage ads, a single customer may have a mortgage once every 15-30 years, there isn't repeat business there either and mortgage sites with ads do very well.

Huh, interesting about the student loans/colleges ads. I run an education site and might be interested. Is it usually just being an affiliate for the student loan provider/college?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.