"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.
Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.
Good info, but I think the question was for a commercial property (just judging by the fact that I think Jesse owns a multifamily complex, and it's in the RE (Commercial) section). Rep+++ for the good info, though!The questions that you ask would be based on the types of properties that you want them to manage. If you were to go with SFH, I would say ask them:
1. What is their fee?
2. What does that include?
3. Can you get some references?
4. Do they value communication? ...and if so, can they give you an example of good communication?
5. What types of SFH do they normally rent?
6. What is their vacancy rate?
7. Where do they advertise?
8. What is their turnover rate (staff as well as tenants)?
9. Do they screen tenants, and if so who pays for it?
10. What type of screening do they do- and will you be able to see credit reports, etc if you are paying for it? (Lots of PM companies charge either the owner or renter for this, and just pocket the fee.)
11. Are you listed with the BBB?
12. How long have you been in business?
13. How many properties do you manage?
14. How many properties do you want to manage?
15. How many managers do you have?
...If you find a company that you like, get the email of thier PM and then email him/her. See what the response time is to your email and how helpful they are.
Those are just some basic questions. You really want someone who loves problem solving for other people and who acts with integrity- bottom line.
Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.
Join Fastlane Insiders.