The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ideas for a business that can be started while working 9-5

Idea threads

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
Hello everyone,

Over the past couple months I have been working hard and saving. I have been browsing the business broker websites nightly. It is interesting to see the different business concepts and how much the asset is worth compared to its profit margin in different sectors.

With that said I either want to buy a established business and improve it or start a service based company considering the start-up cost are usually much lower then retail. I have many skills I could use that I learned in corporate , marketing/ sales/ customer service. But now I really want to build something of my own.

I have looked into the franchise model which isn't bad if you own multiple units but it requires a large capital investment/net worth that I simply don't have as a young guy.

The business types I have found that Could work on this basis is Hair salons, massage places, cleaning service business( since you can work it at night during the early stages before you hire employees.

If you have any ideas I would like to brainstorm. I am looking to stay with B @motar style business's.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

chriss.greig

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Nov 16, 2014
cleaning businesses can be great if you are willing to povide absolutely killer service even at above average prices. go work for a cleaning company even briefly at first. invaluable intel.

then start small. get a single customer. might even be someone you know.

one thing about cleaning is the brand will be you in tje early stagez so be ready to work. bring in one or two hard workers as soon as you can and you will be on your way.

chriss.greig

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Nov 16, 2014
cleaning businesses can be great if you are willing to povide absolutely killer service even at above average prices. go work for a cleaning company even briefly at first. invaluable intel.

then start small. get a single customer. might even be someone you know.

one thing about cleaning is the brand will be you in tje early stagez so be ready to work. bring in one or two hard workers as soon as you can and you will be on your way.
sorry for any typos. on my phone and I type quite excitedly. ;)

chriss.greig

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Nov 16, 2014
recently been working on a prototype for a wireless home automation business. there are alot of great wirelsss products out there and being able to bring them to customers in a package and integrate the install into their existing wifi or mobile devices could be a good market. its an expensive industry for customers. ill let you know how my preliminary marketing goes

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.