The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Idea Validation

Idea threads

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
Way more people are qualified to answer, but to get you started.
1. Look up search volume and google trends to see demand in Canada and U.S (why only sell to one). You can also use Amazon to see demand, competitors, etc.
2. @Walter Hay has a great thread on importing and books on importing, labeling, and franchising. Get the first 2 and use the Fastlane discount from the forum.
3. Work out your numbers from manufacturers, shipping, labeling, branding, advertising, and any fees(Amazon fees, or any others). Do they give you a good margin? Negotiate until they work or decide that this product just doesn’t work for the market and choose another.
4. Ignore everything (temporarily) order a small amount and sell that shit on eBay, Etsy, wherever and learn as you go for the fastest results. Sell out? Great, order more and start at step 1 to start fine tuning your business and build a brand.

David Young

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 1, 2015
Hi there! Hope you guys are fine! I came with this idea some days ago and maybe I'd like some review to see wether is worth it or not to try it out. Besides the last decision is self-made, it's nice to get feedback before getting your feet in the mud.

I'm from Argentina, I just moved to Canada (1 month ago), and it's quite shocking for my eyes the quantity of products there are out there. I know some people in Argentina who manufacture things, and of course they're way cheaper than produce them in here. A friend of mine is making these baby rocking chairs, at a good price for me, and after doing some research in NA market, I came up to the conclusion is not easy to find something like this. And whilst the ecommerce is booming, it could be a good opportunity.

This is the product:
View attachment 36974

Any feedback is welcomed. Also, any suggestion in how to import to Canada would be awesome in terms of what's cheaper or more convenient. I already did some research in the legal stuff.

I hope you have a great day!
Hi There, back on the forum after quite a break. The market for baby equipment is big (and does not fluctuate much). However, safety is paramount. Therefore it would be worth check on canadian standard/ regs for baby equipment.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

federicocrespo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 27, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
Hi there! Hope you guys are fine! I came with this idea some days ago and maybe I'd like some review to see wether is worth it or not to try it out. Besides the last decision is self-made, it's nice to get feedback before getting your feet in the mud.

I'm from Argentina, I just moved to Canada (1 month ago), and it's quite shocking for my eyes the quantity of products there are out there. I know some people in Argentina who manufacture things, and of course they're way cheaper than produce them in here. A friend of mine is making these baby rocking chairs, at a good price for me, and after doing some research in NA market, I came up to the conclusion is not easy to find something like this. And whilst the ecommerce is booming, it could be a good opportunity.

This is the product:
Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 12.06.08.png

Any feedback is welcomed. Also, any suggestion in how to import to Canada would be awesome in terms of what's cheaper or more convenient. I already did some research in the legal stuff.

I hope you have a great day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.