• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Join now and within minutes, you can start getting advice from real millionaire entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Idea of a book

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing / Writing and Authorship' started by oz87, Apr 19, 2017 at 4:54 PM.

1. oz87

oz87 PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    Okay I have an idea for a book that I have been looking to ask for critiques on for a while now, I have posted the synopsis below and would really appreciate some honest opinions on turning this into a book:

I would have sold my soul to the devil for one more shot. One more shot at proving myself, proving that I could be all he needed and more.

I wasted so much of everything, on someone who I became obsessed with. Someone I didn't think I could live without but then once he had me, he left me high and dry. Like an addict desperate for a fix.

After him I was sure that I was destined to be alone; until someone found me and helped me climb back out of my dark depression. A person who put my life back together. A person who made me choose between real life with him or a fantasy with someone who had already left me.

I believed that life could be good again. He earned my trust and I told him everything. I can't say that he understood, but he didn't run either. He stuck around and I fell in love once again.

Then it happened. He found me again and now he says that he is in it for the long haul. One conversation to find out why he played this game with me and tore my life apart couldn't hurt, right?

2. RyanSki

RyanSki New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $152
    So will the book start with that conversation and continue from there? Or will the book start with the relationship that in synposis ends where he lives main character high and dry?

3. oz87

oz87 PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    The book will begin from where the obsession began, a few years prior to the present day of the main character and it will describe the intensity of the relationship and the pure addiction that came from it. Basically the main character who is female will become someone she doesn't recognise and only begin to realise this when she tries to move on. The story is going to be about knowing when to cut ties with someone who is addictively toxic. I hope that makes sense! :)

4. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $111,925
    Rule #1 of writing something.

Don't ask people's opinions.

You will get 10 different opinions, and none of them mean anything.

If you have a story to tell, tell it.

PureA, mrarenare, JScott and 4 others like this.
  5. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $208,100
    Admin Post
    I'm not your market, but IMO this is pathetic storyline and a total turn off.

To me, your character sounds like a desperate stage-five clinger who shouldn't be in any type of relationship.

When someone is broken, the answer isn't found in someone else -- it is found in themselves.

Other than that, writing a book and tossing it on Amazon is incredibly easy nowadays -- my opinion does not make a market.

JScott and Raoul Duke like this.
  6. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke wubba lubba dub dub FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,318

[​IMG]