The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Idea For Grabs

Idea threads

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
So i been thinking on a way to build a loyal audience on your journey to come up and it hit me .

Use the same tactics as these "gurus" but do it legit. Such as filming from you phone infront of your car and house. Showing people how "down to earth you are" and all the other stuff.

BUT
document your REAL entrepreneurial journey going from nothin to something. Create a social media account in your own name not your company name (preferably instagram or snapchat , even do a facebook live if u want) and reach out to the influencers on social media to help build your audience

DONT SELL ANYTHING TO YOUR AUDIENCE !!!

Just let them come along for the ride. As you build your brand selling whatever you're trying to sell . No matter how long it takes months , years , it doesnt matter every week teach what you've learned so far and where your head is.

You dont have to give ABSOLUTE steps but just inform them and give them value as you learn and grow.

Then down the line once you start getting your success you can release a book that goes into deeper detail on the trials and your journey . And THEN you sell to your audience you've been building,

And by that time they should be so engaged they will gladly pick up the book.

Now this plan isnt 100% but i could DEFF see this working out beautifully if executed the right way .

But this is just a idea , you can use it if you want to add and subtract anything you want to it.

I wont be using it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
I have had exactly the same idea.

Gary Vee kinda does it right now, but he started recording it after "he made it".

I will definitely give it a shot soon though..

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
I have had exactly the same idea.

Gary Vee kinda does it right now, but he started recording it after "he made it".

I will definitely give it a shot soon though..
Its funny cus right now im watchin one of his vids where he briefly referenced that he wished he could have documented his whole journey b/c of the impact it would have

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
5. It allowed me to build a large following of other investors that ultimately turned into my network of partners/vendors/mentors/etc
6. It generated credibility for me and established my reputation as a serious and successful investor
I'll second these. It's unfortunate that our timing was off when we finally connected a while back on BP.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
I documented my entire real estate journey through my first 50 flips in gory detail (actually started here on TFF back in 2008) and there were a tremendous number of advantages:

1. It kept me accountable for making forward progress
2. It allowed others to learn from my mistakes
3. It allowed me to get advice/input from others on my plan before I executed, which helped me avoid mistakes
4. It forced me to document every detail so that I couldn't forget things or repeat mistakes
5. It allowed me to build a large following of other investors that ultimately turned into my network of partners/vendors/mentors/etc
6. It generated credibility for me and established my reputation as a serious and successful investor
7. While this wasn't my original goal, it ultimately allowed me to monetize my efforts by selling content

I would put about 50% of my success and about 50% of my income in real estate as directly related to my efforts of documenting my journey. I've literally made well into the 7-figures of extra income because of the network I built, the relationships I fostered, the vendors I found, the content I've sold and the reputation I've built.

It sounds like you're suggesting people do this to achieve #7 on my list above, but to be honest, #1-6 have been just as valuable to me, if not more. Certainly, I've been able to make money doing this, but I was several years into documenting my efforts before I started making any substantial revenue and that was never the ultimate goal. Even without #7 above, I'd do it all over again -- it was well worth the effort.

That said, in order to be successful doing it, you have be willing to share more than others are willing to share. For example, for each of my first 50 projects, I shared all my mistakes/disasters, I provided my financial results down to the penny, I had daily updates with pictures/videos/text, etc. Nobody before me had gone into this much detail, and certainly nobody had provided all the gory financial details -- this is what set my efforts apart. In fact, it was the gory financial details that everyone seemed interested in, as all the "gurus" in the industry were touting big numbers without any substantiation.

So, if you want to do something like this, figure out what your audience REALLY wants to know, and give it to them...
Actually I'm leaving what they want out of experience up to them , that's why I say they can add or subtract anything they want . It was just a idea I had

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
Hey, I've started doing this with my own Youtube channel (don't bother visiting it as of now): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZObV0jhxshIK5Lnn7_eMBA atm the quality of my first video sucks and I haven't even showed my face yet (will do it the next video which is out either today or tommorrow).

I figure it will take about 3 months to get my videos to a decent, 'watchable' quality and probably a year to get perhaps a few hundred subscribers. It's easier knowing that I'm documenting my journey for myself to look back on when I'm older.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.