• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO "I yam what I yam an' tha's all I yam"

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Davesells, Feb 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Davesells

Davesells Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $142
    (Fyi..The subject line comes from one of Popeyes catchphrases)

Hello everyone,

My name is David. I came across Fastlane while I was looking for like-minded people in the net. I think I might have found the place.
    I started out in the sales industry in 2005 when I got my Real Estate license. I sold a few homes, I sold many home loans and refi’s.

When I really understood the whole concept of sales and psychology on why people buy products is when I joined one of the top marketing and sales companies in the U.S. They had well-established business in retail sales, B2B, and my personal favorite outside sales/ D2D sales.

I started out as a sales rep with no understanding of sales. Even though I was in Real Estate Sales prior to then I had no idea why people would buy from certain people and why they don’t buy from certain people.

I started as a sales rep with this company and through my tenure, I worked my way up to a Regional Sales Manager. I managed offices, developed Sales Leaders all throughout the West Coast in various cities. I developed sales strategies for various products. I ran multi-million dollar sales organizations but I think my greatest accomplishment was developing relationships with many awesome people within the sales industry.

I have acquired a lot of sales knowledge throughout my sales career.

I have been working on developing my own business by doing sales and provide sales coaching online via my website. I hope to help out those by providing the knowledge I have while I learn from others here.

Shashwat, Sheens, MJ DeMarco and 3 others like this.
  2. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,358
    Welcome aboard, David.

Sales is one of the #1 skills to have.

Pardon me for asking, but is this top marketing and sales company you're talking about an MLM?

minivanman and ZF Lee like this.
  3. Davesells

Rep Bank:
    $142
    No, it was not. The company I worked for was called 2020 companies. They specialize in D2D, B2B, and retail.

minivanman and lowtek like this.
  4. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,358
    Awesome, thanks for the clarification. That particular verbiage (top marketing and sales companies) triggered some bad memories for me.

When I started freelancing, I did some local networking. I met up with a little old lady that claimed to work for one of the largest retailers on the internet. Since I was doing AdWords consulting, I figured that would be a good match for my skills.

Little did I know I was walking into a 2 hour pitch to join the Mela Luca MLM. I discovered I was in deep shit when the lady brought in an whole duffle bag of crap to show off. At one point, a young lady sitting there enjoying her coffee overheard the pitch and must have seen my discomfort, and intervened. That gave me just the excuse to get the hell out of there. Flabbergasted, but a little wiser for the wear.

Anecdotes aside, I look forward to your success.

5. Davesells

Rep Bank:
    $142
    That is funny you mention that. I while back I use to work in a furniture warehouse and my Manager used to sell that product. He was a lil fanatical about it like he was selling the fountain of youth or something.

While going door 2 door while I was a sales rep I use to love running into MLM people because I would act interested in their product which helped influence them to buy from me. Like they didn't want to disappoint me because they didn't want to lose a potential sale. I mean I was not lying I was interested in their product I just was not interested in buying something that I had to buy crates of and try to sell my friends and family.

Hey well
    Thanks for introducing yourself!

minivanman, ZF Lee and lowtek like this.
  6. minivanman

minivanman Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,828
    Isn't it sad when we have to explain about Popeye :frown:

7. Davesells

Rep Bank:
    $142
    I definitely agree!

minivanman likes this.
  8. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $27,023
    Welcome to the forum Dave,

Hopefully. Most people (who post here anyway) find their way here after reading The Millionaire Fastlane or Unscripted. If the book resonates with them they become part of the community.

Don't Just Build a Business... Build A Life! Definitely recommended reading.

All the best with building your business.

Look forward to your contribution here.

Ernman and Davesells like this.
  9. Davesells

Rep Bank:
    $142
    I am finishing up a book called "42 Laws of Power" and I have a long list of books to read but I think I am going to move "The Millionaire Fastlane" up as my next book that I am going to read.

Ernman and RazorCut like this.
  10. Ernman

Ernman Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,361
    Welcome to the forum Dave. I look forward to your success. I 100% agree with Razorcut, read The Millionaire Fastlane asap. I also recommend UNSCRIPTED. The two send a powerful message and help align your focus.

RazorCut likes this.
  11. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,611
    Admin Post
    Welcome Dave, appreciate the intro!

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.