The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I will log every day on my journey from <$1000 to $1M+ from 17 to 19

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
I will log every day on my journey from <$1000 to $1M+ from 17yrs/o to 19yrs/o

I'm currently 17 years old and am tired of action faking and procrastinating and really want to start getting shit done. I know how to code and am planning on making an app/SAAS business. My goal is to generate at least $1M in gross profit before(or on :0) my 19th birthday.

The plan is that at the end of every day I will write a summary(minimum 3 lines) about the steps I took towards my goal, the aim of this is:

• Help other people in their own journeys/compare advice and strategies
  • Give motivation i.e. someone who's broke, in school full time and has major obstacles(me) could do it
  • Keep me on track(if I make my self accountable online, I will be more pressured into continuing) and will help develop a writing skill
I live in the UK so all my assets are in GBP(£), but I will convert to USD for the posts. I currently have just under $1000 dollars in my ISA(individual savings account) mostly invested in the vanguard FTSE all world index and the vanguard FTSE high dividend yield. Would love to hear what anyone has in terms of advice/opinions.

The "balance" mentioned in the post is all the money that will be involved with the business - i.e. money that's made and I can spend. It is most of the money that I have and all the other stuff is what I'm allocating to stuff that I need to spend on a day-to-day basis and isn't related to the business significantly.

Unfortunately I haven't found a good way to link all the posts up in a continuous feed to make for easier viewing, however you can sort by new(go to the top right of this feed and click on the highest page number) or sort by best posts. I'm also considering adding this as a blog to my personal website and then linking it - would love to know what people think.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Screenshot (55).png
    Screenshot (55).png
    24.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 1 | Balance: $995.10

Hey, today was Saturday and I didn't really do much. I think I have a lot of mental barriers(anxiety, depression, social issues and focus issues potentially, due to a bad RNG childhood) to get through before I can start doing all the more mentally intensive stuff that I want to do, so I was talking to a professional about that today and definitely made a lot of progress, so I'm happy about that.

I do already have some money in my ISA from working most of last summer, however I am looking to get another job now as I'm currently unemployed. I know it may seem slow lane(or sidewalk), however it is just a temporary thing that I'm planning to do to increase my net worth to pay for advertising and other potential business costs. I'm also hoping that getting a job will increase the perceived value of my time as I'm currently wasting quite a lot of it.

I've already created a limited company here in the UK, but have been avoiding doing a lot of the paperwork recently, so tomorrow I'd like to focus on that. I'm also not actually 17 yet btw(I'm 16 and 343 days). Very excited to start this journey.

Last edited:

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Welcome Kryptic. I'm also from the UK (Belfast)

I am looking to get another job now as I'm currently unemployed. I know it may seem slow lane(or sidewalk), however it is just a temporary things that I'm planning to do to increase my net worth to pay for advertising and other potential business costs.
Getting a job to fund your Fastlane ventures isn't Slowlane/ Sidewalk. Using said job as your only source of income for the next 40 years is Slowlane/ Sidewalk

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
I've already created a limited company here in the UK, but have been avoiding doing a lot of the paperwork recently, so tomorrow I'd like to focus on that
action faking

It's a rookie mistake.

You don't need a limited company until you have revenue.

Why limited?
Do you have assets to protect?
Is there a significant risk of pubic liability?

Sole proprietorship is a viable option in UK.
Less reporting, paperwork.
Can use your personal bank account and get a card payment processor who will pay into that account.

Don't overcomplicate things.

Focus on revenue and getting customers.

Do everything else when it's needed.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Hey, haven't posted here in a while but just wanted to say:
- I stopped posting because the posts weren't as useful as I'd expected and the accountability didn't really help me with my goals as much as other things, however I am quite glad I made them, even if only to try out something which didn't end up working out the way I'd hoped.
- I am still working on things and have this as an ambition, although I've realised it's good to set other goal checkpoints as well
- Thanks to everyone who gave me advice and support, wishing you the best luck with your own projects.

Last edited:

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Welcome Kryptic. I'm also from the UK (Belfast)

Getting a job to fund your Fastlane ventures isn't Slowlane/ Sidewalk. Using said job as your only source of income for the next 40 years is Slowlane/ Sidewalk
Very true, I do remember that part from Unscripted now. Yeah, the idea of doing the same thing for the next 40 years of my life for minimal reward is just so ridiculous to me after reading that book now.

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
Have you found a problem worth solving with your SaaS yet? And are there any competitors? If not, why?

You should also try to make a landing page and test the demand before writing any code if the problem allows it. And when building the SaaS, release it as MVP and don't fall into a neverending cycle of development.

Try to get revenue in as soon as possible. That's the only thing that matters. Not the tech stack. Not the product name. Not the little details that can be done later.

Jerma

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Aug 10, 2020
Canada
SAAS Structure. Users get free features but can pay additional money(e.g. $2.99 or $3.99) every month for access to more types of content, more reminders/notifications, more revision methods and analytics etc.
So you want to do a freemium model with very low price... You will need a massive scale to get those numbers to work, and the entire time you'll need to pay for servers to serve your free users. This kind of business model isn't suited for bootstrapping. You will want to raise capital and bleed money for years if you want to pursue this... or massively raise your prices.

Jerma

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Aug 10, 2020
Canada
When I read your posts, I can't help but ask myself, why are you in such a hurry? $1M+ from 17yrs/o to 19yrs/o is a bold goal. I mean, it's a good goal to shoot for if you have the right mindset, which I'm not sure you have. Otherwise, you are just setting yourself up for failure.
The optimalism ideal is not a distant shore to be reached but a distant star that guides us and can never be reached. As Carl Rogers pointed out, ‘The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination.' - Tal Ben-Shahar
Don't beat yourself up if you are having a few bad days. You'll have plenty of those if you want to get to 1M+. Your first business will most likely fail (That's the reality sorry). People aren't going to believe in you. Your friends won't understand. You'll have bad days. You'll make mistakes. Things are going to take way more time than you expect. But so what? You need to do it anyway. You win, or you learn. When I feel like shit, I remind myself that my situation isn't too serious. The important part is that I'm moving in the right direction everday. This last sentence might be unpopular on this forum but sometimes the right direction is to take a day off and recover.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 17 | Balance $1,042.34 + (5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)

Again, pretty much the same sort of thing, doing the habits, getting better bit by bit. I think this path is the way to go tbh, as I've said before, having the foundations to build off of is crucial, and before when I've tried to do it without them everything that I build up soon crumbles.

Reading threads like this: Let's talk about entrepreneurial depression it seems pretty obvious that that it's quite crucial.
GGs

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Day 20 | Balance $1,010.49 + (5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)

BTW, sorry for the "(5 hours of work's wages) + (2 hours of work's wages)" stuff, I really want to open a new bank account where I can separate all my personal expenses from my longer term business/progress expenses.

Damn this is horrible, I don't really know another way to put it and I'm not trying to be negative or pessimistic, but this is the single worst thing I've ever gone through in my entire life, I think I almost definitely have OCD or a similar disorder. The worst part is that it just makes it really hard to make any kind of decisions, allowing for focusing and it just drains your mental energy like coding 5+ hours a day does, plus a constant level 3/10 of mental pain going to a 5 or 6 when you're stressed. I definitely got some very dodgy RNG and unfortunately the treatment and stuff available where I live(England) is almost worse than nothing as it gives you false hope, 99% of what I hear about it is how awful and what a complete joke it is(9 month+ waiting lists, and then you get to speak to underqualified trainees). Basically what it means is that you have to spend your own money doing it, which as a 17 year old from a very poor family is very difficult. The idea of having to spend everything I've saved on something that I have no control over and just got dealt hurts, but it is what it is.

Again, I can definitely understand if you find this sort of content boring or unrelatable and it might seem like I'm just complaining about my problems and saying "poor me". However, that is exactly what I'm aiming not to do, even if I do do it too much sometimes, I really want to show that I can overcome my circumstances and actually do something cool despite trash RNG, I don't know if I'll be able to but I'd like to try(sorry for the cliché). It would be cool if I could show this thread to other people in a similar situation and have it be hopeful to them(assuming my plans actually work XD) and it would be a nice thing to look back on.

On a random tangent, I think one of the most important realisations that I've come to is that I'm actually not special at all, and it feels quite profound. I feel like I always(in the past) had this feeling that I was different to other people in some way or I was "meant" to do something, and I feel like a lot of people also feel that way, especially with the wave of self-esteem "raising" phrases like "everyone's special". However I feel like it's mostly a delusion, sure I'm special in the way that I happen to be my own consciousness and I experience everything through me(if that makes any sense), but apart from that I'm just a random character spawn. My problems are also not unique in any way and the chances are that if I have them, so do millions of other people.

I think some of the greatest benefits of this understanding are that you have to actually do shit your self and you're not inherently "destined" for success or any other reward and there's no guardian angel to save you or anything like that. If I, right here, right now decided that I wasn't going to do anything with my life and just stayed in stasis of whatever point I'm at now that's how things would go, no questions asked. Also the idea that dying isn't the collapse of reality, because you aren't reality your just one entity that can understand it and once you go, nothing objectively changes. I know this is only day 20 and it's a bit early to go full "the true nature of reality" already, but I feel like it's one of the more important things I've learned on my journey and can definitely see if being useful in the entrepreneurial process.

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts/opinions, GGs

Ah. The OCD-riddled, hyper-ambitious yet nihilistic nerd that's capable of programming a SaaS but finds "normal people things" excruciatingly painful to deal with.

Judging by your usage of e-slang like "RNG" and "GGs" I assume you've also spent way too much of your life playing video games and your chronic existential dread would suggest that you probably find HOME - Resonance the most relatable track of all time.

Your life from now on will likely continue to suck most of the time. It's the breathtaking "holy F*ck, I can't believe this is really happening" moments that make it worth pushing through the struggles.

Anyway...

I want you to put your racing thoughts on pause for a moment and turn your attention to the following question:

Have you ever stopped to think about what your life would look like when you have $1M in the bank? Will you be fulfilled then? If yes, why?

Oh, and just keep updating your thread every day, even if it's disappointing and self-pitying. It worked for me.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Dude, no matter what has happened to you, NEVER ever go for the victim mentality. I don't personally care if you complain so I'm saying this 100% for your own good.

Nothing good will come out from externalizing your problems i.e blaming your shitty parents, the school kids that bullied you, or whatever. So don't.

Anyway, in regards to your ideal life, are you sure you need 1M to live it out? Because I'm not even doing 6 figures per year and yet I'm doing everything you mentioned in your checklist:

• I've got a lot of free time to do whatever I feel like. 95% + of my daily time, in fact
  • I travel with my girl basically wherever and whenever we choose
  • I generally feel quite fulfilled as my work is adding a lot of value to my clients (7-8 figures in contributions for a few of them)
  • I work out every day and frequently go karting and sim-racing - unfortunately, this is something a lot of people cannot afford even if it's not that expensive. But with my decent earnings, I can
So my advice? Don't chase an arbitrary number in your bank account. Focus on adding value and automating most of your work (and a SaaS would definitely allow you to do so).

Oh, and enjoy yourself. Because as it stands, you sound an awful lot like someone who thinks that money will magically bring them the life they desire.. or severely overestimating the money they'll require to do the things they want to do.

Where do you want to travel? Check out the plane tickets and cost for accommodation, food, and entertainment. Think of the sport(s) you want to partake in.

How much $ would you need to do that regularly i.e travelling and playing sports? Is it really $84 000 per month?

This. You can only control how you react to things. The rest is noise.

D

Deleted115974

Yo buddy keep going. I am also 17 y/o from India, I am almost gonna be a senior SWE at a startup, I also have similar savings. I think that working for 9-5 for sometime as a dev is pretty useful, you learn a lot, a LOT, skills gooo to the moooon, it's not that bad. Also for the parents part, yes, it sucks when people don't believe, happens same to me, so embrace it.
A Quote regarding this:
Your dreams are very small if people do not laugh and get perplexed by them.

You just gave me again the motivation to work on my projects on weekends, which I had abandoned a while ago.
I'd say I'm just looking for freedom tbh, freedom from having to work a 9/5 job and a mortgage and using up all of my time. I think I did mention that I still want to be working and stuff if I get to $1M as well.

P.S. Hit me up if you feel like I can be a help

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 1 | Net worth: $995.10

Hey, today was Saturday and I didn't really do much. I think I have a lot of mental barriers(anxiety, depression, social issues and focus issues potentially, due to a bad RNG childhood) to get through before I can start doing all the more mentally intensive stuff that I want to do, so I was talking to a professional about that today and definitely made a lot of progress, so I'm happy about that.

I do already have some money in my ISA from working most of last summer, however I am looking to get another job now as I'm currently unemployed. I know it may seem slow lane(or sidewalk), however it is just a temporary thing that I'm planning to do to increase my net worth to pay for advertising and other potential business costs. I'm also hoping that getting a job will increase the perceived value of my time as I'm currently wasting quite a lot of it.

I've already created a limited company here in the UK, but have been avoiding doing a lot of the paperwork recently, so tomorrow I'd like to focus on that. I'm also not actually 17 yet btw(I'm 16 and 343 days). Very excited to start this journey.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
It's a rookie mistake.

You don't need a limited company until you have revenue.

Why limited?
Do you have assets to protect?
Is there a significant risk of pubic liability?

Sole proprietorship is a viable option in UK.
Less reporting, paperwork.
Can use your personal bank account and get a card payment processor who will pay into that account.

Don't overcomplicate things.

Focus on revenue and getting customers.

Do everything else when it's needed.
Definitely true to a degree, however it only took 10 mins and $15 to make so I'm not super upset. I want to protect my personal assets and there is a not insignificant risk of public liability as the business I'm trying to create is content-based and does reuse content from other places e.g. books.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Have you found a problem worth solving with your SaaS yet? And are there any competitors? If not, why?
I do think so, I've spoken a little bit about it in other replies - "Basically a content system that reduces the information/ideas in books into short posts with titles and paragraphs that can be consumed in seconds." . There are competitors that make similar things(e.g. books, YouTube) and there are other apps that have short form information but nothing as heavily quality controlled/practical as what I'm plannning. What does everyone think about the idea though?

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
You should also try to make a landing page and test the demand before writing any code if the problem allows it. And when building the SaaS, release it as MVP and don't fall into a neverending cycle of development.

Try to get revenue in as soon as possible. That's the only thing that matters. Not the tech stack. Not the product name. Not the little details that can be done later.
I couldn't agree more with this tbh, I really want to build something light just to get my foot in the door and start the cycle of feedback and escape the "desert of desertion" as I think it says in the book. I've been coding for a few years now so I think I should be able to get a version to market in the next few months.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 2 | Balance: $1012.71

Hey there again. I'm happy to say that I'm returning for the second day of my journey. As you can see, my account balance has increased by a small amount, this is just a nice benefit of holding my money in indices and other instruments instead of in a normal bank account.

In terms of work today I'm somewhat satisfied with what I've done. I've applied for 4 or 5 jobs online i.e. through sites like indeed, I've narrowed down what exactly I want the business to do more and decided that I want to make a landing page for my product to gauge whether or not it will be successful and whether or not there is a market for it already. I could code it, however I will probably just find a template or a shortcut to save time although I feel somewhat tempted to do it myself. I mentioned last time that I wanted to do some paperwork, I'm gonna be honest - I didn't do it. I do know that it's important for the business however I really just couldn't get myself to start. I think what I'll try tomorrow will be reminding myself that I can start doing it but then stop after I've done a very small amount.

Tbh, I haven't been feeling great today overall either, I know I mentioned earlier about some mental health issues(anxiety, depression, intrusive thoughts & insecurity), well those aren't great to put it lightly. I really want to just start putting way more effort into it and as much money as would be useful(be prepared to see the "balance" drop, as I just feel like it's probably my main limiting factor at the moment and my ROI would be pretty insane). I'm already paying for something and am pretty optimistic about that at the moment, don't really want to go into much more detail. I like to think about this stuff in a quote by Naval Ravikant who is one of my favourite role-models and he says "If you're so smart, why aren't you happy?" highlighting how instead of using being smart as an excuse for being sad(i.e. we think too much about things and can see the true intentions behind things) we should be able to be happy from being smart(i.e. we are smart enough to find solutions to the problems that are making us unhappy), which I love.

I think this post sums up today fairly well, I really want to provide more value when writing these so I'm definitely down for hearing what other people on the forum have to say. I can understand if you think it's quite egotistical or conceited for someone to just write about what they've been doing, and I know MJ does talk about someone doing that with a blog in unscripted , but I'm hoping that people can relate to some of what I write and it can be a mutually beneficial relationship and I'm all for a producer mindset as opposed to a consumer mindset, if you do have a honest opinion I'd be happy to hear it. Very excited, Peace out.

Damn, almost forgot about tomorrow. I wanna:
- Find a landing page template
- At least look at the paperwork
- Read 30mins of $100M offers
- Ask a few people for feedback i.e. around the internet

Last edited:

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022

Hey there again. I'm happy to say that I'm returning for the second day of my journey. As you can see, my account balance has increased by a small amount, this is just a nice benefit of holding my money in indices and other instruments instead of in a normal bank account.

In terms of work today I'm somewhat satisfied with what I've done. I've applied for 4 or 5 jobs online i.e. through sites like indeed, I've narrowed down what exactly I want the business to do more and decided that I want to make a landing page for my product to gauge whether or not it will be successful and whether or not there is a market for it already. I could code it, however I will probably just find a template or a shortcut to save time although I feel somewhat tempted to do it myself. I mentioned last time that I wanted to do some paperwork, I'm gonna be honest - I didn't do it. I do know that it's important for the business however I really just couldn't get myself to start. I think what I'll try tomorrow will be reminding myself that I can start doing it but then stop after I've done a very small amount.

Tbh, I haven't been feeling great today overall either, I know I mentioned earlier about some mental health issues(anxiety, depression, intrusive thoughts & insecurity), well those aren't great to put it lightly. I really want to just start putting way more effort into it and as much money as would be useful(be prepared to see the "balance" drop, as I just feel like it's probably my main limiting factor at the moment and my ROI would be pretty insane). I'm already paying for something and am pretty optimistic about that at the moment, don't really want to go into much more detail. I like to think about this stuff in a quote by Naval Ravikant who is one of my favourite role-models and he says "If you're so smart, why aren't you happy?" highlighting how instead of using being smart as an excuse for being sad(i.e. we think too much about things and can see the true intentions behind things) we should be able to be happy from being smart(i.e. we are smart enough to find solutions to the problems that are making us unhappy), which I love.

I think this post sums up today fairly well, I really want to provide more value when writing these so I'm definitely down for hearing what other people on the forum have to say. I can understand if you think it's quite egotistical or conceited for someone to just write about what they've been doing, and I know MJ does talk about someone doing that with a blog in unscripted , but I'm hoping that people can relate to some of what I write and it can be a mutually beneficial relationship and I'm all for a producer mindset as opposed to a consumer mindset, if you do have a honest opinion I'd be happy to hear it. Very excited, Peace out.

NB: please don't take my stories like plants, if there is one thing that I hate lately: it's complaints I just want your opinions since I know they will be useful to me. thank you

Apparently we have the same problem. Just that I don't know how to code. .I do not yet have great skill in Coding (computer programming).currently I'm learning alone to program through web content, and other applications that allow coding with my phone since I don't have a laptop yet and moreover I don't have enough money yet to train me with webmasters, So .to do this, I often go to the cyber center to pay for the internet connection and enjoy using their office computers. .on my days off.because I work a full 24 hours and I'm also entitled to 24 hours of rest. And to be honest, I don't really have enough money right now to pay for real training and also get me two other MJ books, I I already have the first chapters and also listened to the audios. .I work in a small job as a security guard, and at the moment my biggest goal is to buy myself a laptop and effectively pursue my road to financial freedom.

.I would have liked to weave already friendly ties with some of you but I do not understand English, I manage in writing. but I think over time I will learn and understand a lot more. .most of these threads that I read here, it is thanks to the English French translator that I understood it very well. And it must also be said that it is thanks to this forum that I was able to start coding through the threads of people who have managed to code on their own. .if not before reading the book Highway of the millionaire and entering here in the forum, I did not think that it was possible. But now I believe in it enough. So I take this opportunity to say thank you to all the people who agree to share their experiences here.
.Before I was surrounded by people (friends, parents...) who complain about everything and who love the slow way so much. And I felt alone And it's not easy to get rid of these people especially when you love them believe them and spend enough time with them. .and that made me make a choice that was going to take me straight to the slow lane but thank goodness I read 'the highway, and I was able to resist their opinions and readjust my choice. .When I remembered everything this book taught me, a super power came into me, I don't understand why. Especially chapter 23, this chapter changed a lot of things in me. I want to build my own life now.

.what the books of the gurus could not give me despite having read a lot of them.even though I haven't gotten out of the slow lane yet since I haven't built a business that really works and I'm still trading my time for money, which I shouldn't be, For the moment I regret nothing to have said no to the slow way..also despite the fact that I lost a few thousand CFA francs by saying no to the slow lane. Yes, I lost about 30,000f CFA for applying for two military and police competitions for the Beninese army forces and refusing to go to compose. .because I know that if I enter a public service (government), it would be very difficult to think about getting out of there. Currently, I have only one choice: that of driving on the fast lane: AUTOROUTE DU MILLIONAIRE.

.My current idea is to create a website for personal development book summaries, post houses for rent and for sale, squares for sale for my (not to become a real estate agent, just to be able to put in contact the customer and the buyer) and also.other projects over time.it is for this reason that I am learning to program a site.I need to know if it's really an LLC system (At the moment the commandment of need is being met because people spend the day looking for land to buy or have land to sell, and others are looking for houses for rent).
.I also need to know if it's good to learn to code alone or I have to create the site through the website creation applications like WordPress and others.

I really need your advice. What do you recommend, please!!! Thank you !!!

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
So .to do this, I often go to the cyber center to pay for the internet connection and enjoy using their office computers.
It seem really cool how much effort you're putting in tbh, you should be proud of doing things like this, keep it up.
.I would have liked to weave already friendly ties with some of you but I do not understand English
You're English is really not bad at all, I can understand everything you say fine.
And it's not easy to get rid of these people especially when you love them believe them and spend enough time with them
I don't think you have to "get rid" of anybody to be honest, if they're your family I'd say try and explain to them how you feel about the situation and let them know that they aren't going to convince you to change and that their crossing a personal boundary of yours. I really like this video on the topic, check it out if you're interested
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIHGcsjg15U

and I'm still trading my time for money, which I shouldn't be
I think working as a security guard for the moment is fine tbh, you're not planning on doing it for the rest of your life and you're working towards your fastlane goals as well. If it supports you (and even makes your relatives/friends stop bothering you) I'd say keep going for the moment, I'm trying to get a "slowlane" job as well.
My current idea is to create a website for personal development book summaries, post houses for rent and for sale, squares for sale
It's good that you're thinking about this, but imo just make sure that what you're doing does not violate the commandment of entry and does not already exist.
I also need to know if it's good to learn to code alone or I have to create the site through the website creation applications like WordPress and others.
I'd say if you don't know how to code already, it might be worth trying to look at your skillset and see what other "unfair advantages" you have. Do you have special knowledge of the security industry from working in it? Are there any problems where you live that you hear people complaining about, e.g. "Oh, I wish there was a decent taco place near me", "How can it be that there isn't a decent place to buy shoes within a 45 minute drive?". Internet businesses are cool and fun, but you might be more successful doing a less "sexy" business that you'd know better and would be able to pull off.

Overall, keep going man you're doing well. I'd definitely recommend reading unscripted if you haven't already. I don't know what the rules are or how MJ runs things but you should be able to find a PDF somewhere online(I just remembered that you can sign up for a free trial on audible and get a free credit for an audiobook - which you can use to buy unscripted and then cancel). Good luck brother. BTW I'd also take my advice with a massive grain of salt, especially the stuff about business seeing as I haven't actually made a successful one yet and am just a big fan of the fastlane idea.

Last edited:

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Wait, you’re not worth £25m yet?!
Such a disappointment..

I think you’d benefit more if you’d just do it.

Stop thinking about the creation of the universe, why aren’t we on Mars yet.

Just do it. Day in / day out.

Small wins add up.
Yeah I know it's complete BS but for whatever reason I just seem to dwell on it. Thanks for responding.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
Cela semble vraiment cool de voir combien d'efforts vous mettez dans tbh, vous devriez être fier de faire des choses comme ça, continuez comme ça.
OK merci bien pour l'encouragement et de m'avoir répondu. C'est vraiment gentil.

Ton anglais est vraiment pas mal du tout, je peux comprendre tout ce que tu dis très bien.

Je ne pense pas que vous deviez "vous débarrasser" de qui que ce soit pour être honnête, si c'est votre famille, je ferais de leur expliquer ce que vous pensez de la situation et faites-leur savoir qu'ils ne vont pas vous convaincre de changer et qu'ils franchissent une frontière personnelle. J'aime beaucoup cette vidéo sur le sujet, regardez-la si vous êtes intéressé
Voir : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIHGcsjg15U
Ok c'est bien donc si vous me comprenez ( juste que c'est grâce au traducteur). Je ferais comme vous l'avez dit. Merci

Je pense que travailler comme agent de sécurité pour le moment est bien, vous ne risquez pas de le faire pour le reste de votre vie et vous travaillez également vers vos objectifs fastlane. Si cela vous soutient (et fait même que vos proches/amis arrêtent de vous déranger), je devrais continuerz pour le moment, j'essaie également d'obtenir un travail "slowlane".
Oui c'est vraiment ça. Bonne chance à vous pour votre recherche de boulot ''slowlane''.
C'est bien que vous y pensiez, mais je précise-vous simplement que ce que vous faites ne viole pas le commandement de l'entrée et n'existe pas déjà.
OK C'est noté ✍️.
Je dirais que si vous ne savez pas déjà coder, cela vaut peut-être la peine d'essayer d'examiner vos compétences et de voir quels autres "avantages injustes" vous avez. Avez-vous une connaissance particulière de l'industrie de la sécurité pour y avoir travaillé ?
Ok c'est sur ce point que je travaille fort. Mais j'ai l'impression que je n'évolue pas et que j'y perds du temps ( je suis entrain de maîtriser les bases de HTML5 et ccs 3.)
Oui je connais bien cette industrie ( Au fait c'est une compagnie qui recrute les jeunes gens pour les former et puis les envoyer à faire travailler dans de différentes entreprises comme agent de sécurité)
Dans l'ensemble, continuez mec, vous vous débrouillez bien. Je recommanderais certainement la lecture non scénarisée si vous ne l'avez pas déjà fait. Je ne sais pas quelles sont les règles ou comment MJ gère les choses, mais vous devriez pouvoir trouver un PDF quelque part en ligne (je viens de me rappeler que vous pouvez vous inscrire pour un essai gratuit sur audible et obtenir un crédit gratuit pour un livre audio
- qui vous pouvez utiliser pour acheter sans script, puis annuler). Bonne chance mon frère. BTW, je prendrais également mes conseils avec un énorme grain de sel, en particulier en ce qui concerne les affaires, car je n'en ai pas encore réussi et je suis juste un grand fan de l'idée de la voie rapide.
Ok merci bien, je suivrai vos conseils, Sinon à propos de livre audio j'ai déjà écouté pour ''UNSCRIPT'' sur un contenu youtube mais la personne qui lisait expliquait selon sa compréhension. Donc je crois que c'est bien de télécharger moi même sur audioble en attendant de trouver les versions PDF, comme vous l'avez dit.
Je vois que vous aussi, vous êtes très déterminer à suivre la voie rapide. C'est bien de voir les gens comme vous, continuer et du courage à vous .

Jerma

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Aug 10, 2020
Canada
You definitely made some good points however I think misery and the Entrepreneurial mindset are not mutually exclusive and I can fix the misery part and just be left with the rest which seems cool. You are probably right about the comparison thing as well tbh.
Yeah! That's great. You can totally do that. Me telling you that I think your mindset needs some work isn't a condemnation or a final judgement. If something isn't working for you, you should change it. I'm sure you can do it.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
I have been considering launching the database of ideas separately as an open source project that has an API that anyone can use and get access to, then develop their own products separately if they want. This would make the project controlled similarly to Wikipedia, I like this solution as it makes the quality of the ideas tend towards perfection. Alternatively I could spend time personally and potentially hire others to help.

Yep, I'm def going to make a feature where people can add their own ideas. It also seems like a great ideas as you mention to have ratings for them and have some sort of algorithm that decide which ones to recommend(like YouTube).

I think the price I can charge depends a lot on who I'm targeting to and how specific I'm targeting them, when the potential benefits are explained I don't think $20 seems unreasonable personally.

I do also think that the example you mentioned is very different in the following ways:
- There is no revision system so unless your actively going back to the book and re-reading then it is likely you will forget things, the app ideally solves this through active recall methods in the app and notifications/widgets outside
- The content is still relatively bloated/spread out IMO and doesn't cut down to just what you need to know, allowing the information to be consumed in seconds.
- You would have to buy a book summary for many, many books compared to compete with one subscription of the app for potentially 10s of 1000s of books with the app(are you really going to buy a summary for the best books on everything?)
- Ideas in the app can be accessed in seconds reliably and will have a convenient way for storing them, whereas summary books might take longer, especially as the structure and organisation may vary between books
- There is no way of knowing that what you're reading works with summary books, books can get good ratings because they seem like they're useful or are entertaining, the app works on giving ideas ratings after they've been used after a pre-determined time-frame, ensuring that they work.
- The content in the books is only sorted by the book or the point of it, meaning that content will be repeated if you have multiple book summaries, in the app there will be no duplicate information and just the linking between ideas.
- Like you said also, a "rando" wrote it, there is no system of trust or guarantee that what you get will work, the review feature of the ideas in the app should help with this

I hope this clears things up, but if not I might have a hard time explaining this to potential customers :/ I'm obvs also very biased in this and have a lot of emotional investment since I've worked so much on it so I might not be seeing things as clearly as I could be.

It's a decent idea for an app to maybe grow your coding skills with, but I can't really see it working as a business.
Book summaries are easily found on youtube and on the rest of the web for free. You would have to make it very appealing to compete with all the free information already out there.

I'm not sure if you're having an app compile the summaries, or if you're planning to have people write them. Having an code do it sounds very hard. To distill a book down to its key points in a way that makes sense sounds like it would require some crazy smart AI.

You say there's no big competitor in this specific market. But when I look into it I found this
Best Places to Find Book Summaries

To me it feels like a very hard to execute business model, and for someone brand new to the game I'd recommend going for something more realistic to start with. I certainly wasted a fair share of my time(years) with huge ideas that I never managed to get off the ground cause they would require tons of upfront work as well as thousands of users to become profitable.

I only finally started gaining some moderate traction recently when I decided to work with more a more traditional business model.

That's just my two cents though.

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 9 | Balance: $1,032.85

I honestly didn't get a whole lot done today, not even the small goals. I had to do a university open day sort of thing(lol) as well which took up a lot of time. Did do exercise for about an hour though and definitely worked on my mindset/mental health for a 3-4 hours overall which I'm really happy about. I definitely get a lot of analysis paralysis when it comes to doing literally anything or any decision which can be quite tiring so I'm really trying to work that.

The path that I'm taking to try and get to the $1M mark is sort of unintuitive and I have to solve other issues first before I can get there but I'm pretty sure that I will get there.

Tomorrow I just gotta open the website editor.

Last edited:

Jerma

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Aug 10, 2020
Canada
I also like the thread. You remind me of my past self. I also got some bad childhood RNG, and I used to struggle a lot with my neurotic tendencies (anxiety, panic attacks, alexithymia, depression, low self-esteem, etc, etc). You also seem obsessed with knowledge and learning like me. Are you also somewhat of a perfectionist?

A significant difference between us is that I only got serious about my mental health and business in the past four years (I'm 31 now). So I'm a little envious of you for that. I think that's great for you.

During my 20's, I was chasing after a cushy big tech job instead ( FAANG - Facebook/Amazon/Apple/Netflix/Google ). When I finally achieved my goal, I had a complete mental breakdown. I had been running away from myself by grinding on this big goal for years, and once I got it, everything caught up with me. That's why I advise against focusing too much on the goal. The journey is far more important, but that's a lesson I had to learn for myself. Maybe you need to learn it too, maybe not. Without getting too philosophical, everybody has their own lessons to learn in their life. Sometimes they even need to learn it multiple times.

I feel like I really start fixing these problems I can do well as I've read a lot of books, watched a lot of videos and listened to a lot of interviews so I know what I want and what I need to do, I can feel the need to grind.

This might not resonate with you, but I'm putting it out there. Maybe it will help someone. One thing I wish I had learned sooner is that the real transformational experiences aren't in books, videos or interviews. There is some real value to those things, and they can motivate you in the short term, but it's like trying to cook a recipe with half of the ingredients.

To illustrate what I mean, during my 20's, I read a few self-help books. I knew about the platitude: "It's about the journey, not the destination," but that knowledge was inert for me. It had no impact. It was just a proposition that I knew about, among many others. That same line has a deep meaning now because I'm different now. I had an insight, and now it's a different type of knowledge for me. It's participatory knowledge instead of propositional knowledge.

One problem is that you can't really transmit participatory knowledge. You can try to translate it into propositional knowledge, but the meaning is lost in translation. Another problem is that it's easy to get "stuck" in always being in a propositional mode and always seeking more and more of it. Thinking it's going to solve your problems (half the time, it won't). School is mostly to blame for this IMO because they force students to learn and regurgitate propositions for years.

How does any of this help? I'll take the example of low self-esteem because you are working on that. I have been there too, and I have made a lot of progress there. Once I learned that I had low self-esteem, I did the usual and read a lot about it. I learned that low self-esteem boils down to having a harsh inner critic and negative self-talk. I quickly realized that knowing this changed absolutely nothing for me. So then I asked myself, "how can I experience high self-esteem"? I found those affirmations online, listening to them before bed for a few days. I don't think affirmations are like "the way to go" or are special. I was running an experiment instead of just filling my head with propositions, and trying to understand everything. And it worked; I got a few powerful insights that actually transformed me and boosted my self-esteem. I could tell you those insights, but they would just be propositions for you... but now I'm just repeating myself.

Hopes this helps :)

Keep it up

krypticsilver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Day 13 | Balance $986.34 + (5 hours of work's wages)

Interesting day to say the least. I could definitely feel myself benefitting from the work I did yesterday on my self-esteem etc and I just woke up feeling better which is reassuring that I'm moving in the right direction. Today I have done several more things that I think will further improve my self-esteem and that area:

- Got 2 audiobooks(for free as I made a new audible account) on the subject and on the mind in general and listened to 2 hours of their content(1 hour on 2x speed XD), I honestly can't remember why I didn't do this earlier.
- Downloaded an app for my phone that displays affirmative messages
- Downloaded several affirmative videos on YouTube that I can listen to when I go to bed(I will)
- Kept working on my Journal and introspective documents
- Just thought a lot about it in general(not always useful, but was partially in this case)
- Reached out to several professionals about their services
- Did 45 mins of exercise
- Set up notifications for a gratitude journaling app which I had before(I am an app person).

Like I mentioned I would yesterday I did spend some time working today. Was not too bad but obviously made difficult by the issues being discussed. I feel like right now, the value of my time is much greater working on these issues than directly on my business. I've tried just working on the business directly when suffering more from this stuff and it hasn't worked each time I've tried it so I'm just going to do this for a bit and then get back to it. I think I just need to have the basics(i.e. mental health) down before I build anything else on top.

There have also been some very useful and insightful comments on this thread lately which is really cool and am really happy that's happening. Feedback and opinions welcomed as usual.

I was also just looking at the "60 Days Of 60 Minutes Of Meditation - Let's Not Do Anything Together" thread and it seems really cool and I'm very interested in doing that as well. I have tried meditation before for 2 months but couldn't continue as I found it to difficult to focus on it and was not getting any better, I think I know why now so I will be starting again soon.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.