The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I was blind but now I see

AutonomousAndrei

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Jun 14, 2019
Hello all,

I'm halfway through "The Millionaire Fastlane ". This will be the most important book I'll ever read.

I am 33 years old, have miraculously just landed a full stack web developer role(miraculous because I barely know JavaScript, let alone backend technologies, libraries & frameworks - but they hired me anyway :D) for double the money I was making previously (this is the most money I've ever made up to this point). This happened shortly after I found out I'm going to be a father. A week and a half ago my aspirations amounted to elevating my software development skills enough so that I could get a better paying job and hopefully, eventually, provide my wife and daughter with a financially secure life. Maybe even own my a home complete with a gaming room and gym in the garage.

I simply was not aware that there is another way. Or more accurately, that there was another way for me. Sure, other people - smarter, more talented or simply luckier - could enjoy freedom and autonomy in their life but not me. Ironically, these are the things I value the most (barring the health & happiness of my family obv). I had all but accepted the slowlane as an immutable law of my universe.

MJ's book quite literally brought me to tears. It filled me with hope that I might actually be able to be there and see my little girl grow up (rather than seeing her for a couple hours after work and in the weekends in between chores). It made me realise that, if I put the work in, I can earn my freedom and autonomy. That I don't have to remain chained in indentured servitude for the next 30 years. But more importantly, it's teaching me the hows. It's giving me the tools necessary to create wealth.

If you're reading this MJ, I just wanted to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. What you're doing is incredibly magnanimous and for what it's worth, you've forever changed my life for the better. The world owes you a debt of gratitude.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

itech

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jan 28, 2017
Ireland
Hello all,

I'm halfway through "The Millionaire Fastlane ". This will be the most important book I'll ever read.

I am 33 years old, have miraculously just landed a full stack web developer role(miraculous because I barely know JavaScript, let alone backend technologies, libraries & frameworks - but they hired me anyway :D) for double the money I was making previously (this is the most money I've ever made up to this point). This happened shortly after I found out I'm going to be a father. A week and a half ago my aspirations amounted to elevating my software development skills enough so that I could get a better paying job and hopefully, eventually, provide my wife and daughter with a financially secure life. Maybe even own my a home complete with a gaming room and gym in the garage.

I simply was not aware that there is another way. Or more accurately, that there was another way for me. Sure, other people - smarter, more talented or simply luckier - could enjoy freedom and autonomy in their life but not me. Ironically, these are the things I value the most (barring the health & happiness of my family obv). I had all but accepted the slowlane as an immutable law of my universe.

MJ's book quite literally brought me to tears. It filled me with hope that I might actually be able to be there and see my little girl grow up (rather than seeing her for a couple hours after work and in the weekends in between chores). It made me realise that, if I put the work in, I can earn my freedom and autonomy. That I don't have to remain chained in indentured servitude for the next 30 years. But more importantly, it's teaching me the hows. It's giving me the tools necessary to create wealth.

If you're reading this MJ, I just wanted to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. What you're doing is incredibly magnanimous and for what it's worth, you've forever changed my life for the better. The world owes you a debt of gratitude.

Nice one dude, how did you pull off bagging a full-stack dev role? Have you had much prior experience of development?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...