The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Want To Sleep With MJ Demarco

Glenn-GFit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 10, 2017
London
Ooh Err! ;)

This post is just an observation really, and it's from my current sleeping patterns which i usually stick on Netflix or crappy TV on in the background to shut my brain off during sleep... of which i usually get 5 broken hours!

But tonight, i'm finding myself re-reading TMF and wanting to go to sleep with the sidewalk in my head.

I have no financial plan
I have no pathway to wealth
Every penny i earn goes on shit and worry about rent
Each day, whatever i earn goes on ciders, new books, lunch out or buying new stuff

So tonight, i'm going to sleep with MJ DeMarco (without any protection) and see what happens :D

Night everyone x

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
dat headline tho... woah

Puppy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 21, 2017
new york
So tonight, i'm going to sleep with MJ DeMarco (without any protection) and see what happens
personally i think this is both hilarious and a good idea.

But tonight, i'm finding myself re-reading TMF and wanting to go to sleep with the sidewalk in my head.

I have no financial plan
Each day, whatever i earn goes on ciders, new books, lunch out or buying new stuff

Night everyone x

create a financial plan, at least a guide
create or find a pathway to wealth, and walk it
stop spending money on shit. if its shit why buy it?
be a producer not a consumer

enough sidewalk, read the book and go to sleep with the fastlane in your head.

im not optimistic seeing you are rereading the book but i do wish you the best in having this turn into a long term relationship and not another one night stand.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have no financial plan

re-reading TMF

Go idea. Doesn't look like the first read took hold. May I also suggest Unscritped, it might be better suited for your situation. It's also a 17 hour read giving you at least 3 nights of me in the sack.

Glenn-GFit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 10, 2017
London
personally i think this is both hilarious and a good idea.

create a financial plan, at least a guide
create or find a pathway to wealth, and walk it
stop spending money on shit. if its shit why buy it?
be a producer not a consumer

enough sidewalk, read the book and go to sleep with the fastlane in your head.

im not optimistic seeing you are rereading the book but i do wish you the best in having this turn into a long term relationship and not another one night stand.
I appreciate the commments and thank you for getting the humour Re-reading isn't something that's new to me as I've read think and grow rich and a bunch of others a few times, and they seem to be different books each time as I'm different each time I read them too.

A lot of the plan for wealth, buying shit is just getting questioned in my head all the time... and I'm setting my financial responsibilities out today. I currently live like a child in a lot of ways

Puppy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 21, 2017
new york
A lot of the plan for wealth, buying shit is just getting questioned in my head all the time... and I'm setting my financial responsibilities out today. I currently live like a child in a lot of ways

obviously you created this thread to get a reaction. im remaining skeptical to whether you are a troll or a humorous (this time) action faker. atm ill give benefit of doubt so if you are for real ill say this...

good. you realize you live like a child. now you can change that.

good. your questioning things, make sure you dont forget to focus on the answers.

good. setting financial responsibilities is a step in right direction. commit yourself to what you set.

no book is gonna change your life by itself just cause you read or reread it. it can be a powerful tool to use to change or improve your life if you use it as such.

when my copy is in my hands me, mj, and my dog are gonna be spending a lot of time in bed togeather. anyone who thinks that just sounds wrong has a dirty dirty mind (and should try it themselves)

edit - words

Glenn-GFit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 10, 2017
London
obviously you created this thread to get a reaction. im remaining skeptical to whether you are a troll or a humorous (this time) action faker. atm ill give benefit of doubt so if you are for real ill say this...

good. you realize you live like a child. now you can change that.

good. your questioning things, make sure you dont forget to focus on the answers.

good. setting financial responsibilities is a step in right direction. commit yourself to what you set.

no book is gonna change your life by itself just cause you read or reread it. it can be a powerful tool to use to change or improve your life if you use it as such.

when my copy is in my hands me, mj, and my dog are gonna be spending a lot of time in bed togeather. anyone who thinks that just sounds wrong has a dirty dirty mind (and should try it themselves)

edit - words
I'm completely an action faker at the moment, and have been reading books to divert my guilt of not doing anything about it.
This post was entirely designed to get responses, as I wanted to make people laugh and then read it, but please don't misconstrue this to also mean that I'm not serious about my actions from now on.

I appreciate the kind words of wisdom, and am taking responsibility for my own life

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I'm completely an action faker at the moment, and have been reading books to divert my guilt of not doing anything about it.
This post was entirely designed to get responses, as I wanted to make people laugh and then read it, but please don't misconstrue this to also mean that I'm not serious about my actions from now on.

I appreciate the kind words of wisdom, and am taking responsibility for my own life

Ok, looks like you're talking the talk... being "serious" and all like the thousands that appear on this fourm just to say "I'm DOING SOMETHING!!" and never be heard from again...

What are you doing today to change that and share it with us... instead of saying it... show it!

Glenn-GFit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 10, 2017
London
Ps. Enjoy your reading
Ok, looks like you're talking the talk... being "serious" and all like the thousands that appear on this fourm just to say "I'm DOING SOMETHING!!" and never be heard from again...

What are you doing today to change that and share it with us... instead of saying it... show it!

Hi guys, so i've had a busy day today (i'm a personal trainer and fitness business owner) and had to do this in between appointments, but this is all my current expenses, profits for july and august, KPI's i'm setting for each week (hitting about 50% of these recently), and the names of targets for me to win.

Please let me know what you think and if i'm going in the right direction, as i'd usually look for a way to structure this but have instead just done it off my own back... so am not sure of the quality of it!

Glenn x

Attachments

• Businesses & Schools List.xlsx
    12.4 KB · Views: 9

Glenn-GFit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 10, 2017
London
Ps. Enjoy your reading

Hi guys, so i've had a busy day today (i'm a personal trainer and fitness business owner) and had to do this in between appointments, but this is all my current expenses, profits for july and august, KPI's i'm setting for each week (hitting about 50% of these recently), and the names of targets for me to win.

Please let me know what you think and if i'm going in the right direction, as i'd usually look for a way to structure this but have instead just done it off my own back... so am not sure of the quality of it!

Glenn x
and... i'm well aware this business isn't fastlane or earning particularly well... but i need to sort out my financial management and responsibility taking before taking on anymore work, as there's no point trying to earn more money if i'm just going to spunk it away.

So please let me know what you think as advice and comments are appreciated :)

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
and... i'm well aware this business isn't fastlane or earning particularly well... but i need to sort out my financial management and responsibility taking before taking on anymore work, as there's no point trying to earn more money if i'm just going to spunk it away.

Too many people tend to think in that format... "This business isn't fastlane"... If there's a business and people are paying... guaranteed someone somewhere has made a "fastlane" lifestyle out of it... Outsource it, hire someone... think about what you need to take off your back and give it to someone so you can grow yourself/your business

Puppy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 21, 2017
new york

comments and advice

at this stage dont worry about having a fastlane business. first you need to get yourself straightened out and prepared for the journey. as you said i need to sort out my financial management and responsibility before taking on more work.

i would recommend a budgeting forum to help you do that. budgets ARNT slowlane, thinking a budget is the way to wealth IS slowlane. you NEED to learn how to manage your money or you will NEVER stay rich once you get there.

You also really need to work on self dicipline, start taking REAL action and stop living like a child and start living like the person you want to BE.

im only a few steps ahead of you and i remember what is was like in your shoes. you want real advice? stop looking for someone to hold your hand. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN. START DOING SHIT!

dont tell us what you are going to do, tell us what you DID. plans with no action mean nothing. plans with half assed effort are pointless. plans that you need our approval to keep going waste our time and more importantly YOUR time.

stick with it. decide to commit to real change. getting started when you are a long term action faker is F*cking hard. but the secret is its actually really easy. all you have to do is take action and start DOING.

Glenn-GFit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 10, 2017
London
comments and advice

at this stage dont worry about having a fastlane business. first you need to get yourself straightened out and prepared for the journey. as you said i need to sort out my financial management and responsibility before taking on more work.

i would recommend a budgeting forum to help you do that. budgets ARNT slowlane, thinking a budget is the way to wealth IS slowlane. you NEED to learn how to manage your money or you will NEVER stay rich once you get there.

You also really need to work on self dicipline, start taking REAL action and stop living like a child and start living like the person you want to BE.

im only a few steps ahead of you and i remember what is was like in your shoes. you want real advice? stop looking for someone to hold your hand. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN. START DOING SHIT!

dont tell us what you are going to do, tell us what you DID. plans with no action mean nothing. plans with half assed effort are pointless. plans that you need our approval to keep going waste our time and more importantly YOUR time.

stick with it. decide to commit to real change. getting started when you are a long term action faker is F*cking hard. but the secret is its actually really easy. all you have to do is take action and start DOING.

Thanks for the reply, when you say a budgeting forum, would that be on here or specifically searching for a forum for people who are terrible with money?

After Google searching budgeting forums: Budgeting & Bank Accounts - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums <-- this came up?

I'd be interested in what's worked for other people on here in similar industries, whether it's just taking a percentage of each dollar/£ they earn and allocating that into:

Savings
Tax
Profit

etc...

Thanks again x

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.