The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I want this so bad..

tpjay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 19, 2016
Connecticut
Hi,

I have been reading the fastlane book and consider it one of the best books i have ever read. The bible. The holy pages that had opened my eyes in such a clear way that no "guru" could explain. The fundamentals are all there and MJ left nothing out. I have absorbed everything in this book.

I am naturally an idea person and want to become the "executioner" slaying task and completing goals. I have to separate my entrepreneur mind with my entrepreneur actions and that is the biggest problem. Execution!

I just have to start small and execute like no other.
Im going to get a poster on my wall or write on a white board 'execute' just to remind myself I make my future by creating it and applying steady pressure.

Lastly, I appreciate all of you that share my mindset and want more than what is given to them. Its only natural to want more in life. We are doing it right.

Grateful. Thanks MJ!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Welcome to the forum.

What's stopping you from executing on your ideas?
What's holding you back?

If I may give you one piece of advice. Execution starts in your mindset, you shouldn't allow it to stay there though.

tpjay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 19, 2016
Connecticut
Welcome to the forum.

What's stopping you from executing on your ideas?
What's holding you back?

If I may give you one piece of advice. Execution starts in your mindset, you shouldn't allow it to stay there though.
Hey,

Whats your mindset on Execution?

I feel like the reason I have not applied pressure is either I don't think my solution solves a need or because the solution has some sort of up front cost that I cannot afford yet. Currently I am looking at jobs to create enough money where I can afford to present these solutions. I was on track to become a Securities Trader with a Firm in NY but failed my exam twice but I am going to keep studying because that's what I want the most right now because i pays very well.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Hey,

I feel like the reason I have not applied pressure is either I don't think my solution solves a need or because the solution has some sort of up front cost that I cannot afford yet. Currently I am looking at jobs to create enough money where I can afford to present these solutions. I was on track to become a Securities Trader with a Firm in NY but failed my exam twice but I am going to keep studying because that's what I want the most right now because i pays very well.
You're working backwards.

It's silly to create a solution that, perhaps no one needs, and then spend countless hours searching for a customer when there isn't one.

You have to start with a NEED. Then develope a solution for that need. Then you would determine if there's enough of a market for that solution to make it worthwhile of your pursuit.

When you have the answer to a problem that people NEED solved, the money follows by default.

Right now you are chasing money. And it's escaping you while you prepare to take the exam a third time. Meanwhile you could be listening to the world screaming for a solution to real NEEDS that people have TODAY.

There's nothing wrong with having a well-paying slowlane job to fund your fastlane ventures. However, you do not want to be pursuing a high paying JOB solely to fund a solution to a potentionally nonexistent need. That would be an utter waste of very finite, limited time.

tpjay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 19, 2016
Connecticut
You're working backwards.

It's silly to create a solution that, perhaps no one needs, and then spend countless hours searching for a customer when there isn't one.

You have to start with a NEED. Then develope a solution for that need. Then you would determine if there's enough of a market for that solution to make it worthwhile of your pursuit.

When you have the answer to a problem that people NEED solved, the money follows by default.

Right now you are chasing money. And it's escaping you while you prepare to take the exam a third time. Meanwhile you could be listening to the world screaming for a solution to real NEEDS that people have TODAY.

There's nothing wrong with having a well-paying slowlane job to fund your fastlane ventures. However, you do not want to be pursuing a high paying JOB solely to fund a solution to a potentionally nonexistent need. That would be an utter waste of very finite, limited time.

Thanks a bunch, I am reading the NEED section over and over again to fine tune my mindset. I have a hard time being selfless because I was brought up on competition and have to become more tuned chasing need.

Grateful

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The fundamentals are all there and MJ left nothing out.

But I did. You'll find it in my next book. Something more insidious is going on... :smuggy:

Welcome aboard my friend.

You in the states?

tpjay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 19, 2016
Connecticut
Yes, from Connecticut. And I plan on picking up your book from Amazon today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Hey,

@Thoelt53 already replied to your question with a great post.

There are better people on here to indirectly ask about their mindset on execution, than me.
And with indirectly I mean by reading through their progress threads.

With executing on your ideas I mean, to not get lost in that dream like, feel good state of fantasizing about what you are going to do and what you will do as soon as you reach this and that step of your about to be done journey.

It means to do the work. Every. Single. Day.

Everybody can think of ideas and dream of their accomplishment of those ideas. Seriously, that's nothing special.

What's special is to actually put in the work and the effort to make it become a reality.

tpjay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 19, 2016
Connecticut
[Progress Thread] E-Commerce Project
I am turning this into a progress thread to document my journey into the e-commerce jungle hunger games.

-Bought the domain
-Set up social media profiles with consistent post
-Networking with businesses to build relationship with other entrepreneurs
-Added product to store
-Did this before the trial period runs out and it ran out today so I am gathering resources to be able to continue to proceed

tpjay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 19, 2016
Connecticut
You never know what you're going to need until you get there.

Today I learned to:
-Paid for a yearly service that would enable me to continue to be online for conduct business (~$320 investment)
-Enabled website analytics to track consumer behavior
-Enhance the analytics with advanced settings
-Learn to add support display advertising
-Purchased professional domain email (~$5/pm)
-Currently editing site layout
-Currently networking/cold messaging with business owners

tpjay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 19, 2016
Connecticut
[Progress Thread] E-Commerce project Continued..

-Got distracted yesterday and only sent out a few social media pings here and there to stay consistent with the posting.

Today:
-decided to pivot.
-Subscribed to a monthly service (Currently in 'trial' mode) so I can test their service .
-Layout out in Google Sheets what financial structure of the business would best serve my customers.
-Submitted a ticket to receive help from application developers to configure application to website.
-Figured it out and am Assessing if this is going to be the right move...
-Did not post any social media today because I am waiting to see if this is the correct pivot move.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

tpjay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 19, 2016
Connecticut
Packing some plastic and pepper stray aren't ya? :p

It's true what you said in the book. Although at the time when I was reading it I didn't get it because I wasn't taking action and the references didn't make sense. But now action has become a daily thing and the reference is a lot more clear and it makes me laugh at how accurate it is. [emoji457]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tpjay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 19, 2016
Connecticut
[Progress Thread] Continued..

Yesterday:
-Demo testing and figuring out how the application works because the developers do a poor job of explaining how it works (**Open opportunity for someone**)
-Making an FAQ for visitors that come to my site that have questions because they might be apart of their decision making process of THEIR VALUE ARRAY.

Today:
-Realized the Control in CENTS evaluation of my business is lacking due to the reliance on outside applications to support my business.
-Further detailing the FAQ
-Learned how to add a downloadable document to my website
-Added a few pages with more information
-Made footer links
-Connected messaging service to communicate with customers quickly instead of email
-Passing this site at the "Beta program", which it is because the software used to run it is unprofessional and SUCKS that i am paying so much for it(**opportunity again**) and once I develop with project this will be my new project to attack.

Understanding a new way of thinking is easy. The hard part is keeping it in mind long enough to make the change in your life. Everyday. Every second.

tpjay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 19, 2016
Connecticut
De-[Progress Thread] Shutting it down :frown:

Decided to start a shopify store and seeing if I could get some traction and generating some income and delivering value to customers.
Here is the take away on why I am closing this project:
  • There was a lack of control, lack of need, lack of entry.
  • Little to no added value or values I could skew to make my store more valuable
  • Selling other people products did not appeal to me because it lacked control on many levels. Control of product, shipping, brand, pricing. I had no control and it felt wrong because I was going against what i was taught (in the book).
  • It made no CENTS why I was doing it but to just do something but I learned a lot in the process and this information will build upon other products to increase my chances of success.
Just try something and see what opportunities and outcome you get. Always be triple "A"ing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...