The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I used to write online as a tween, now I'm looking for more.

okaycat

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jul 19, 2018
Hi everyone!

I'll start by saying "NO" I didn't write Twilight fan fiction at twelve. Though, I was inspired to write my own because of one. Shameful I know.

Somehow, at the most awkward phase in a person's life, I wound up with 100,000 readers from a story I made up on the spot. I also won't show anyone because it's really bad. You've just gotta trust me on this one.

Nowadays, I'm writing my first YA novel with seven more years of experience on my belt. And as much as I love writing stories, it has risks that include not being able to financially support me if it doesn't do as well as I want it to.

I also always hated the idea of a 9-5. It was a depressing thought throughout middle and high school, to be okay with working for someone else at my creativity's expense. Deep down I knew that I couldn't let that become my reality, for long at least.

At the same time, I understood that while writing books, I needed something else to sustain me without falling victim to the above.

That's when I launched myself into reading, not just for fun, but for education. I landed here because of that, too. I decided I wanted my own business or website, something that would create another way to escape the "five for two" trade. I always loved the idea of helping others through what I do, whatever that is.

I've started two websites, one about fitness and the other about writing, but it's hard to look professional with a low budget. I'm trying to get them going, but classes are costly both money and time wise. Choosing to graduate a year early, I'm drained with the amount of classes I have. But no matter what, I'm working towards making the websites work and finishing my novel.

I have the creativity to think of a few inventions that could really help people, but I have no idea on how to bring the first prototype to reality.

I try my best to be like a sponge and absorb as much as possible, but my brain feels like the size of a pea lately. Perhaps that's because I lost my mother a little over 8 months ago and I'm still trying to adjust as a motherless young woman.

On a much happier, final note, this forum seems like a great place to read and learn about others' experiences. Happy to be here and happy to be learning!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...