The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION I start my idea today (eCommerce + POD)

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Jeannen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Apr 9, 2020
France
Cheers man, I hope everything works past your wildest dreams, and thanks for leaving crumbs for people that haven't had their first hit of that entreprenurial heroin.

Yeah, I told myself that it would be nice to leave a track, something I would have liked to see when just starting. I also started to record short videos, don't know yet what I'm going to do with them

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jeannen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Apr 9, 2020
France
12/08/2021

I'm in the process of hiring a graphic designer to help me create social media content & ads.
To reach the next step for my company, I'll have to hire people the right people and manage them. This is an area I will heavily have to improve, as I am terrible with people in general. Luckily I do have experience in teaching, but I need to learn management from nothing.

"High Output Management", "Who, the A-method" and "Measure what matters" are 3 great books who helped me so far

As for the work itself, it's pretty quiet right now, as I am waiting for the logistics to be put up together. I took some time for me to play dumb videogames with friends. Can't wait to have a new huge mountain of work to finish

Jeannen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Apr 9, 2020
France
26/08/2021
Been a while!

I hired the new graphic designer, she is pretty talented, and one of the last pieces of content she made has a 10% engagement rate, this is really good.
She's also good in terms of communications, ambitious and eager to learn, so I can definitely see her having more responsibilities later.

In terms of sales, I honestly didn't touch Facebook for a month now and it's doing ok. Slowly decreasing but it's normal. The designer is actually producing new ads so I'll be able to try those

The new warehouse I use is still very responsive, started using them to ship order last week, so I will see how it goes in term of delivery quality.

So far it's very calm for me, I don't want to push things more until I know for sure the warehouse is good ((I don't want to ship more inventory there to realize it was actually shit and then have to transfer everything).
So, mostly doing passive stuff like reading or entertainment.

I'll go back to France in early September for the vaccine, and hopefully will leave soon after.

Oh, and I'm also going to hire an email marketing agency, hopefully, they will be better than the one I had last time...

Jeannen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Apr 9, 2020
France
12/09/2021

Back in France for the vaccine, motorcycle license, and other stuff, I hope to leave asap as I hate being here and it's very expensive.

I recently added hoodies design to my stores, and it seems to sell pretty well. I'm not making a profit because it's print on demand, but since sales are pretty good, I'm going to order inventory for this one. I'll be receiving samples soon, it's going to cost me, but I think it's worth it.

Hoodies can have a very good margin, if I get them for $10 and sell them for $40, that's $30 margin that could be used in ads.

Jeannen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Apr 9, 2020
France
Huge mistake

My results are pretty good since the last few days, I was surprised

Then I checked my Facebook Ads manager and saw the budget for one of the campaigns wasn't $50/day but $500

Of course, it wasn't profitable

I destroyed a ton of cashflow with that shit

Jeannen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Apr 9, 2020
France
02/10/2021

Things are still very slow since I'm back in France. Currently working on sourcing my new apparel products out of POD platforms (who increased their price yesterday). I'm ordering samples and then I'll order in bulk.
The sales on those models are surprisingly good, my designer did a very good job, I sell some without making ads, but the current margin is shit. It's only good to test the concept before buying in bulk.

So, next steps for me are pushing more of this apparel line, and start advertising them once I'll have my own inventory. I should have a pretty good margin on it. I'm currently between 5% and -5% for those models, and it should go up to 40% if I buy in bulk (not including ads)

Goal for Q4 is to find at least 2 product/offers with a profitable margin (10% net after acquisition cost).

Jeannen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Apr 9, 2020
France
23/11/2021

Back in Bali, I can finally focus again after not doing shit for like 2 months because of transit and personal shits to deal with

Main e-commerce brand is very slow, but I didn't put any effort into updating my ads or anything. It's ok tho, I'm working on products right now.

I do have 3 projects on the go. I learned about product design and manufacturing and currently waiting for samples and designs. My goal for 2022 is to have 3 profitable brand/projects. With a 1/5 success ratio, I'll have to launch 15 projects.
Those are very pessimistic projections, meaning that if I actually launch 15 products, I'm almost 100% sure at least 3 will stick.

1 is a big project currently being prototyped.
2nd is a medium project for my current store, waiting for the design to be made.
3rd is a medium project, I'm waiting for samples (the base product is the same, just with a slightly different design)
4th is a small project for my current store, final products are being made (I got the prototypes while in France)

For the 3rd project, I'm trying to get it on track as fast as possible. For this, I'll have to plan very efficiently all the steps. I'm going to make "fake" local prototypes that will look the same as the product to make content since shipping from China is pretty long. That way, I can have ads ready before the products arrive. Same for packaging, I'll maybe pay $50 for 4 packaging but at least I can go fast. But it's worth it, money love speed

Basically, everything that can be done before receiving the final product, in a way or another, will be done before. I'm going to use a pre-launch strategy for this one

woken

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
23/11/2021

Back in Bali, I can finally focus again after not doing shit for like 2 months because of transit and personal shits to deal with

Main e-commerce brand is very slow, but I didn't put any effort into updating my ads or anything. It's ok tho, I'm working on products right now.

I do have 3 projects on the go. I learned about product design and manufacturing and currently waiting for samples and designs. My goal for 2022 is to have 3 profitable brand/projects. With a 1/5 success ratio, I'll have to launch 15 projects.
Those are very pessimistic projections, meaning that if I actually launch 15 products, I'm almost 100% sure at least 3 will stick.

1 is a big project currently being prototyped.
2nd is a medium project for my current store, waiting for the design to be made.
3rd is a medium project, I'm waiting for samples (the base product is the same, just with a slightly different design)
4th is a small project for my current store, final products are being made (I got the prototypes while in France)

For the 3rd project, I'm trying to get it on track as fast as possible. For this, I'll have to plan very efficiently all the steps. I'm going to make "fake" local prototypes that will look the same as the product to make content since shipping from China is pretty long. That way, I can have ads ready before the products arrive. Same for packaging, I'll maybe pay $50 for 4 packaging but at least I can go fast. But it's worth it, money love speed

Basically, everything that can be done before receiving the final product, in a way or another, will be done before. I'm going to use a pre-launch strategy for this one
You said 2 and 4 is for your current store yet you catalog them as different projects? Isn’t it the same brand though so it would be considered an addition rather than a standalone project?

Nevertheless, these are just formalities.

Excited to see the results !

Jeannen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Apr 9, 2020
France
You said 2 and 4 is for your current store yet you catalog them as different projects? Isn’t it the same brand though so it would be considered an addition rather than a standalone project?

Nevertheless, these are just formalities.

Excited to see the results !

Yeah, for me a project is a product, some could be in the same brand if it makes sense (Same niche for example).

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
One year ago, I was just your average software developer who always consumed content about...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom