The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I RENTED APARTMENTS TO RENT OUT ON AIRBNB FOR PROFIT

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
large-14.jpg

Step by step guide to renting apartments and sub-renting them via Airbnb (arbitrage model).

http://needwant.com/p/rented-apartments-rent-airbnb-profit/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I doubt it..... if they did, they'd probably just do it themselves.

Make sure you seek legal advice before you do this!

And always remember to use protection! i.e a business entity like LLC.

HAL

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Jul 23, 2015
I'm sure you can get away with this in some places, but I suspect most places would catch on pretty quick.

As someone who has rented a lot in the past, I can tell you that property managers / landlords are much more strict today about number of nights overnight guests are allowed and having everyone on the lease etc.. Also, building safety is an issue, and most places do background checks so tenants feel safe. If tenants see a bunch of random people with keys to the building that don't live there, they will probably say something.

ace81385

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
May 6, 2015
My friend is making quite a bit of money using airbnb in NYC. At the moment he has two places hes renting out considering getting a third. But as mentioned above Landlords are being wise to this now. They wouldnt renew his lease at one place. You really need to select specific buildings were getting caught is less likely (i.e No doorman, be very "friendly" with the live in super, etc..)

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
some landlords are ok with airbnb, you have to ask them.

depends on their free time. some people dont want to hustle airbnb clientelle.... they would rather a consistent monthly... so long they get paid, they are happy.

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
I've heard of sub-leasing. But only as a means to leave an apt. Not my taste. Interesting hustle though if your brave. $100 - $200 dollar mark up on the rent. You would need 10 clients to balance out the 2 that start defaulting at some Point.

TG_Hawk

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Feb 26, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Fill rate in Chile 35% & 40%. He doesn't say where he was living while he was renting out the apartment on ABB, or was he traveling half the month? If he had travel expenses it almost wipes out any profit he made from the apartment.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.