The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I REFUSE TO SETTLE

oursoc

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
480%
Jun 15, 2017
Louisiana
Hi! My name is Clint. I've spent the majority of my life chasing my dream of becoming a professional baseball player. People often laughed and said I would never make it. I was told I wouldn't make it in college. Received a scholarship and played 4 years in college. Didn't get drafted. Went to a tryout and got signed by an independent minor league team. Played 2 years and found out my girlfriend was pregnant and I stopped playing ball to support her and our baby girl.

I now work in the chemical manufacturing business as an operator. It's a well paying slow-lane job and is good for now, but I'm hungry and want financial freedom without working 500+ hours of overtime every year. That time can be better spent with my family. I refused to settle when playing baseball and I refuse to settle on my current slow-lane job. I hope to learn from other forum members and also hope to give back and help others whenever I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gigi Rodgers

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
May 30, 2017
Shanghai, China
Hi! My name is Clint. I've spent the majority of my life chasing my dream of becoming a professional baseball player. People often laughed and said I would never make it. I was told I wouldn't make it in college. Received a scholarship and played 4 years in college. Didn't get drafted. Went to a tryout and got signed by an independent minor league team. Played 2 years and found out my girlfriend was pregnant and I stopped playing ball to support her and our baby girl.

I now work in the chemical manufacturing business as an operator. It's a well paying slow-lane job and is good for now, but I'm hungry and want financial freedom without working 500+ hours of overtime every year. That time can be better spent with my family. I refused to settle when playing baseball and I refuse to settle on my current slow-lane job. I hope to learn from other forum members and also hope to give back and help others whenever I can.

It sounds like you could be a baseball consultant - to start.
That's a LOOOOOOT of years in one subject. I KNOW you have some knowledge you can share to some young men coming up.

You could help them on the field and/or off the field.
With mental and emotional pressures.
Financial affairs, how to present yourself when being scouted, etc.

Now where to start?...
You should check out this article about a boxing trainer named Freddie Roach. He's in Robert Greene's book, "Mastery", mentioned all over the place.

I'd actually suggest the book so you can hear his FULL story. You and him have some similarities.

From glancing over the book and article, he's become a legend because he changed the game of boxing with his 'mitt work', which at the time, no one was doing. I also believe he was one of the first people to review tapes and develop a strategy to beat the other guy, etc.

But the way he started doing this, was frequenting a gym, and helping up-and-coming boxers, for free.
He would go after his job in telemarketing (or some job he hated) and work into the wee hours with these young men.
Unpaid coaching work.

Then one of them took him on as his coach, Pacquiao.
And they made history.

So, if you were looking to start now - why not approach AAA baseball games or leagues, talk with coach, and just start assisting to make their game better.
Get so good that everyone starts coming to you for the answer to X problem.

That's just me spitballing though.
When I heard your story, Freddie's story just popped into my mind. So I thought I'd share it to perhaps give you some actionable ideas on how to start something.

I'm sure you've got your own ideas. Just adding to the pile ;cD

Welcome to the forum and I hope we can be of assistance to you and your journey.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I refused to settle when playing baseball and I refuse to settle on my current slow-lane job.

Excellent attitude. The same drive that put you in the top 1% of BB players on the planet can do the same for business.

Welcome to the forum.

oursoc

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
480%
Jun 15, 2017
Louisiana
It sounds like you could be a baseball consultant - to start.
That's a LOOOOOOT of years in one subject. I KNOW you have some knowledge you can share to some young men coming up.

You could help them on the field and/or off the field.
With mental and emotional pressures.
Financial affairs, how to present yourself when being scouted

I'd actually suggest the book so you can hear his FULL story. You and him have some similarities.

From glancing over the book and article, he's become a legend because he changed the game of boxing with his 'mitt work', which at the time, no one was doing. I also believe he was one of the first people to review tapes and develop a strategy to beat the other guy, etc.

But the way he started doing this, was frequenting a gym, and helping up-and-coming boxers, for free.
He would go after his job in telemarketing (or some job he hated) and work into the wee hours with these young men.
Unpaid coaching work.

Then one of them took him on as his coach, Pacquiao.
And they made history.

So, if you were looking to start now - why not approach AAA baseball games or leagues, talk with coach, and just start assisting to make their game better.
Get so good that everyone starts coming to you for the answer to X problem.

That's just me spitballing though.
When I heard your story, Freddie's story just popped into my mind. So I thought I'd share it to perhaps give you some actionable ideas on how to start something.

I'm sure you've got your own ideas. Just adding to the pile ;cD

Welcome to the forum and I hope we can be of assistance to you and your journey.

Thanks for your response! I read the article and loved it! After playing, I gave private lessons on the side for a couple years to stay around the game. It gave me great satisfaction to be able to pass on the years of knowledge I received while playing. I haven't given any lessons in the past year or so because it wasn't leaving much time to spend with my family. Working shift work (with tons of overtime) and doing a side job will consume all of your time. My goal is to create a fast lane business that will allow me to quit my slowlane job and be able to be around the game again as well as have time to spend with my family.

oursoc

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
480%
Jun 15, 2017
Louisiana
Excellent attitude. The same drive that put you in the top 1% of BB players on the planet can do the same for business.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome. A coach once told me if he had to choose between a player with talent who didn't have work ethic and a player with mediocre talent who outworked everyone, he would take the guy with lesser talent 10/10 times. The player with talent only, has reached his peak. The player with work ethic will continue to grow, learn, and surpass his potential. That's something that has stuck with me ever since.

Gigi Rodgers

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
May 30, 2017
Shanghai, China
Thanks for your response! I read the article and loved it! After playing, I gave private lessons on the side for a couple years to stay around the game. It gave me great satisfaction to be able to pass on the years of knowledge I received while playing. I haven't given any lessons in the past year or so because it wasn't leaving much time to spend with my family. Working shift work (with tons of overtime) and doing a side job will consume all of your time. My goal is to create a fast lane business that will allow me to quit my slowlane job and be able to be around the game again as well as have time to spend with my family.

Right on. Respect for your hustle, for real!

Second idea - I'm a spitballer, tell me to stop at anytime. LOL!
What if you build a website/podcast of all things baseball where you only put out DEEP DIVE content, 1-2x a month.

And what I mean by 'deep dive' content is that it's a resource guide for X subject (e.g., the ultimate guide to hitting any curve ball).
You work on it maybe 15 minutes here, 30 minutes there, 7 minutes here - and it's video, it's written content, it's diagrams, etc.

It becomes THEE resource guide for ANYONE, if they want to hit a curveball because you went into that much detail on it.
That way you're presence is felt months, if not, years from now - because your content was that good.

And as far as the podcast - you could do the Alexa play where when someone asks Alexa, "What was the score to last nights Cardinals game?", and your voice, and your opinion came up.
And that takes a few minutes to do.

Again, just throwing out more ideas. That's it. LOL! That's all I got.
Good luck to you and I hope to see you around in the forum!

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
Hey welcome,

Your post has a lot of drive. When I read it, I felt the energy.

Good luck with your journey.

Hope to see more of you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.