The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I never seemed normal until I came here.

AustinS28

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Sep 25, 2014
Manhattan, NY
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am here to learn from the best, I am an entrepreneur just getting his feet wet.

I became self employed several months ago. I live in NYC; I am a driven 24 year old with a lot of ideas, a strong work ethic and passion. I will be doing what I love to do for the rest of my life, work is not work for me. I daydream constantly about business, how to create more and what I can do to capitalize on my talents. I am very personable, maybe it's a gift, but it's put me in touch with some very successful people that I now call friends. I work at a mid sized successful hedge fund several days a week, I personal train the owners wife, we've been together for a year and our friendship created large opportunity. I also have other clients who are very successful financially and have helped me grow business.

Current Ventures

-Independent Personal Training
-Gym Design (Working on a current project for a Hedge Fund)
-Corporate Wellness (Fitness programs and counseling to create healthy employees who in turn work harder, and take less sick days.)

I moved to NYC with a lot of debt and not a dime to my name a year ago. I can now afford to live here working for myself and I plan on growing exponentially over the course of this journey.

-Independent training - I do what I love so it is easy to help others see results. I couldn't imagine how a 600lb deadlift could make me money years ago, but training people is second nature to me because I love it and I am good at it. Keeping them around through good customer service, that's been easy to.

-Gym Design - Opportunity was thrown in my lap when talking with the owner of the Hedge Fund about business ideas. They gave me the opportunity to be an adviser on gym design. They are building a new office with a larger employee gym. I was able to make it onto the team as a consultant.

-Corporate Wellness - My latest venture. Pitched the idea to the fund. They are letting me draft a proposal. This is in the early stages, but I will be pushing hard on this. I think it will be the biggest opportunity yet; being a private contractor to promote wellness in the workforce especially with the connections I have in big firms and funds.

1 Year goals -

Independent training - Grow my business to 40 work hours a week (Currently 15 hours)
Gym Design - Complete Current Project and use it to pitch to other connects and businesses.
Corporate Wellness - Have a 3 month and then 1 year contract with the fund to outsource me as a consultant on employee health.

Each project is on it's way.

Goal Here

Learn from the best, share my experiences, and become a fastlane millionaire along with everyone else.

So glad to be part of the community!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
Hey, cool story bro! (really)

Just to make it clear, you are a personal trainer but you were able to land a fitness gig in a hedge fund due to your connections / the owner's wife needed a trainer, and now you gained clients through that + your other ventures?

What's your day to day like at the office? I'm just really curious :)

And Congrats on your progress so far. In a couple years I believe you will be filthy rich.

JahvonCreamCone

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Nov 9, 2013
Queens, New York
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am here to learn from the best, I am an entrepreneur just getting his feet wet.

I became self employed several months ago. I live in NYC; I am a driven 24 year old with a lot of ideas, a strong work ethic and passion. I will be doing what I love to do for the rest of my life, work is not work for me. I daydream constantly about business, how to create more and what I can do to capitalize on my talents. I am very personable, maybe it's a gift, but it's put me in touch with some very successful people that I now call friends. I work at a mid sized successful hedge fund several days a week, I personal train the owners wife, we've been together for a year and our friendship created large opportunity. I also have other clients who are very successful financially and have helped me grow business.

Current Ventures

-Independent Personal Training
-Gym Design (Working on a current project for a Hedge Fund)
-Corporate Wellness (Fitness programs and counseling to create healthy employees who in turn work harder, and take less sick days.)

I moved to NYC with a lot of debt and not a dime to my name a year ago. I can now afford to live here working for myself and I plan on growing exponentially over the course of this journey.

-Independent training - I do what I love so it is easy to help others see results. I couldn't imagine how a 600lb deadlift could make me money years ago, but training people is second nature to me because I love it and I am good at it. Keeping them around through good customer service, that's been easy to.

-Gym Design - Opportunity was thrown in my lap when talking with the owner of the Hedge Fund about business ideas. They gave me the opportunity to be an adviser on gym design. They are building a new office with a larger employee gym. I was able to make it onto the team as a consultant.

-Corporate Wellness - My latest venture. Pitched the idea to the fund. They are letting me draft a proposal. This is in the early stages, but I will be pushing hard on this. I think it will be the biggest opportunity yet; being a private contractor to promote wellness in the workforce especially with the connections I have in big firms and funds.

1 Year goals -

Independent training - Grow my business to 40 work hours a week (Currently 15 hours)
Gym Design - Complete Current Project and use it to pitch to other connects and businesses.
Corporate Wellness - Have a 3 month and then 1 year contract with the fund to outsource me as a consultant on employee health.

Each project is on it's way.

Goal Here

Learn from the best, share my experiences, and become a fastlane millionaire along with everyone else.

So glad to be part of the community!
Greetings from a another fellow new yorker. I hope that all your plans and goals come to fruition.

AustinS28

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Sep 25, 2014
Manhattan, NY
Hey, cool story bro! (really)

Just to make it clear, you are a personal trainer but you were able to land a fitness gig in a hedge fund due to your connections / the owner's wife needed a trainer, and now you gained clients through that + your other ventures?

What's your day to day like at the office? I'm just really curious :)

And Congrats on your progress so far. In a couple years I believe you will be filthy rich.

Thank you!

A lot of this is luck. I truly believe that my personality took me here. I am a very nice guy, I treat people with respect always, I go above and beyond most of my training peers (small gifts to clients, flexible on schedule, understanding). I am very stern and confident as well, I go after what I want, I am a leader which is why I am a good trainer as well, people listen to my direction.

I did not know for months the extent of my clients husbands business. They are very humble people, some of the nicest I met, one day she told me that her husband owned a small fund (it was much bigger than she let on). Slowly I edged my way in. Me and her would discuss business ideas for myself every time we trained. She said her husband had an office gym and that they were building a new one. All of the sudden she goes "why don't I see if we can pay you to purchase the equipment for the gym." I thought this was great. A few months later I am in meetings with the CTO to get this going.

The corporate wellness idea came from a friend who owns his own business in an unrelated field. The idea has been fascinating me. How much more potential I have to make money if I can get corporations or businesses to hire me to promote health in the work place. Staff a nutritionist, offer boot camp and training classes, have health screens, promote fitness in other areas, have a reward program. Have companies contract me for say 10 hours a week, and then I put a team together to run the program. I would basically put it in place with my connections and then reputation I build, and outsource most of the staff.

I shot the idea by the wife, she loved it. Her husband is going to look at a proposal. My task now is to figure out all of the benefits the company will receive if they hire me. The toughest part is putting monetary value on how much a company will benefit from healthier and happier employees. It'd be a lot easier to explain how eliminating paper products and going all digital could save money, than something that doesn't have numbers like this.

--

As far as clients, I have a base set up, but I need more as soon as possible.

First idea was to offer a complimentary session to all 160 employees in the fund once the new gym is constructed. If I made 5 clients from that 160 I could increase my monthly earnings by 3000-5000 dollars on top of what I make now.

My biggest obstacle with the training is finding new business. Referrals is big. I also want to partner with other companies to promote myself. I am thinking doctors or nutritionists.

It's been 2 months today since I quit my job. I've made more money on my own. It's scary though, but I have faith. I have had some obstacles already, like overestimating income and not handling a budget correctly because I get paid irregularly. Building business will take time, but it will come if I keep plugging away, I know this. I feel like most people give up when things are scary and hard, but if they stuck it out just a little longer they'd make it, but instead they go back to security. I'm ok with struggling, failing etc., because I'll pick back up learn from mistakes and try again until it works.

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
I am so jealous (in an admiring way) - I wish I'd had an ounce of your perception and drive at your age!

You're definitely in the right place to accelerate your business.

AustinS28

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Sep 25, 2014
Manhattan, NY
I am so jealous (in an admiring way) - I wish I'd had an ounce of your perception and drive at your age!

You're definitely in the right place to accelerate your business.

Well thank you.

I am just nervous, things are going, but I am still struggling, money is not guaranteed, people don't always pay me on time and I need more people to grow. I stay up stressed on some nights thinking about finances or ideas or how to generate new business. My brain never shuts off. A lot of obstacles.

However, there is so much opportunity in NYC. More opportunity than obstacles.

It kind of feels like I am on the verge of something big, it's just not there yet, but of course I can't see into the future which is the scary part. I am not going to live in fear though, and the challenges keeping me up at night is what helps create new business or ideas. I feel like the stress means only good things to come because I am going to change something to make it better.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum Austin. Sadly, none of us are normal.

10643945_1509582869282439_2043376636_n.jpg

AustinS28

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Sep 25, 2014
Manhattan, NY
Welcome to the forum Austin. Sadly, none of us are normal.

View attachment 8301

Haha, exactly my point! I sit around thinking about how I can do what I love and prosper from it. All of my friends are worried about there 9-5, I am quitting my job and going down an unknown path, but I do what I love everyday and the potential to grow my income is immense out here. When I talk to them, they're envious, even those making more money than I at this point. I believe in self fulfilling prophecy, if you truly believe you can make something work, you'll do what it takes; learn, work, make mistakes and pick back up, and you'll get there.

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
Haha, I live in Queens too! Off topic, @AustinS28 you look way older than 24, or maybe I just have a baby face.

I think if you put a competitive edge on your program, corporate employees would LOVE it. I used to hang around the financial district (around John St.) a whole lot, and I know there are ton of gym fanatics there (plus the general finance culture). Maybe firm vs firm in a monthly / weekly cross fit type challenge. Then you could partner would businesses around area for prizes. THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS haha, just tossing out ideas.

AustinS28

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Sep 25, 2014
Manhattan, NY
Haha, I live in Queens too! Off topic, @AustinS28 you look way older than 24, or maybe I just have a baby face.

I think if you put a competitive edge on your program, corporate employees would LOVE it. I used to hang around the financial district (around John St.) a whole lot, and I know there are ton of gym fanatics there (plus the general finance culture). Maybe firm vs firm in a monthly / weekly cross fit type challenge. Then you could partner would businesses around area for prizes. THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS haha, just tossing out ideas.

I always get "I thought you were like 28," haha. Beard and I am just big from the gym, haha.

Not a bad idea at all man. My client said that the new building where the fund is moving has some other big funds in it too. Her idea was to talk to people at those places to get more clients. That could be a real cool thing if I can get them all involved in some group fitness challenge. I can hire two other trainers, each puts a team together at different funds and they compete.

Gym source is where we are purchasing all the equipment from.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...