The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need your advice

Destined

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 12, 2011
Hi Fastlaners,

I been a member of this forum for quite a while and think all the topics and advices, given are awesome.

Here is my problem and it is a bit deep and I need your advice.

You see, when I grew up I seen violence and I absolutely hated it.

Now that I am older I want to run my own business but I just do not want to be harassed or bothered.

I have read tons of books(marketing/advertising/sales), i understand what it takes to create a great business. I say this because I always

advise my friends(not many, 2-3 of em) on how to do better marketing. I have created quite a few information products and sold

one of them on clickbank a few years back. So I am experienced but I cannot run my own business due to fear of being harassed or stalked.

My dream would be to create a business with someone and have them be the face of the business (on all aspects) and I would be the "brains" / "marketer" and I would be the behind the scene guy.

I don't have much friends and I did try a few meetup groups but nothing came out of that as well.. If you guys/gals have any advice on how I can solve this issue, I'd highly appreciate it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Destined

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 12, 2011
Due to my experiences (past) I think like this. I really want to create a successful but this fear and negativity does not help me. I have no friends/partners on my ventures and doing it alone is scary to me...

Yasmin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 3, 2014
Australia
I feel you @Destined, I'm still confused as to why you think you will be harassed etc. I'll tell you my experience in regards to working with and without partners. I started my business on my own and as the business grew I felt I "needed" a partner, like you I was scared to develop the business and let's just say my people skills were embarrassing (I'm much better at that now). Letting another person into my business was a very big mistake I should have trusted myself. I am back on my own again (when I say on my own I mean I am the "big boss lady" :) I don't have to run my ideas, or plans past anyone else and that's how I like it!

This is not to say that you won't find someone great to work with, and you might work better being able to bounce your ideas off of someone invested in you and your business.

In relation to friends, I lost a lot of friends when my business took off (isn't that sad!). When I moved into my first home I had a comment that was along the lines of "how did you get this house, you didn't even go to uni" and was referred to a lot as "the high school drop out". When your sole focus is your business and success you will attract successful positive people into your life :hurray: it will happen automatically so don't worry about that! In the mean time you can make friends here. I see a lot of support on here for people like you, there are people here who have "been there, done that" who can offer help and support.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be "behind the scenes" in your business I totally understand that. Hopefully, with some support and some confidence boosting exercises you will want to be the face of your business. You'll want people to know that it was you that built the company from the ground up!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

odai

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 4, 2013
Kansas City
If you structure your business correctly, nobody will ever be able to connect your personal identity to your business. You just need to do a lot of research into the legalities.

For example, assuming you live in the US, you would incorporate as an LLC in a state that doesn't require disclosing your actual name (I think Delaware is one, but don't hold me to that). You could then register for a .com domain as that LLC, have an e-mail under that domain, have a PO Box and phone line owned by that LLC, etc. You could even have a DBA as a different name, for an additional layer of anonymity.

The government would of course know your real name, and if anyone sued the LLC, you might be required to appear in court (I'm not a legal expert, though, and hopefully your lawyer could settle the case out-of-court). If you wanted, you could always hire people to handle any customer-facing interactions, like sales or PR (although that's obviously more expensive than doing it yourself).

The best a stalker could do is harass your business phone, PO Box, and such, in which case you just get new ones.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.