The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need to market a lifestyle coach - any tips please?

Bort

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 8, 2015
Hi

I've been asked to market a dating/social lifestyle coach. Could anyone please give me basic marketing tips to build his brand/philosophy to attract more clients. I'd appreciate even a really short answer.

His brand has only been in operation for around a year, so quite new, but I truly do believe in his teachings, so I'd definetely be marketing it in an honest way.

Not sure if this is in the right section

Thanks a lot in advance
Bort

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hi

I've been asked to market a dating/social lifestyle coach. Could anyone please give me basic marketing tips to build his brand/philosophy to attract more clients. I'd appreciate even a really short answer.

His brand has only been in operation for around a year, so quite new, but I truly do believe in his teachings, so I'd definetely be marketing it in an honest way.

Thanks a lot in advance
Bort

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

G

GuestUser113

Hi

Thanks a lot in advance
Bort

112743-shia-labeouf-magic-gif-Imgur-S-Q38U.gif

Bort

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 8, 2015
I was thinking of using certain forums, but I don't want to spam every forum. Is there a way to promoting on forums without offending?

Bort

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 8, 2015
And no he's not this weird PUA type of guy. He's just a normal guy

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX

crazy question, but why did he hire you for a marketing job if you're not a marketer?

Bort

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 8, 2015
crazy question, but why did he hire you for a marketing job if you're not a marketer?

It's an internship. He's not paying me, but I'll get free coaching. I'm doing free work because it's an area I want to go so can learn from him. I would like to make his brand fastlane.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
I would like to make his brand fastlane.

His brand will not turn "fastlane" or anything else because of marketing.

Marketing tips and tricks can improve the visibility of an offering, but it cannot make the offering.

He should know his brand/unique offering already. Once you understand what exactly that is it will make marketing a lot easier.

If he does not understand what his unique offering is, marketing should not be the focus yet.

What is his unique offering?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
It's an internship. He's not paying me, but I'll get free coaching. I'm doing free work because it's an area I want to go so can learn from him. I would like to make his brand fastlane.

You can't make someone's brand fast lane. It's a contradiction in terms. Fast laners are repulsed by gurus. We're the anti-lifecoach.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Is there any reason that someone who prides himself as a life coach... can't market said self as a life coach? Because usually the way life coaches chase fame and money is by referrals from other suckers...er... I mean customers.

Bort

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 8, 2015
His brand will not turn "fastlane" or anything else because of marketing.

Marketing tips and tricks can improve the visibility of an offering, but it cannot make the offering.

He should know his brand/unique offering already. Once you understand what exactly that is it will make marketing a lot easier.

If he does not understand what his unique offering is, marketing should not be the focus yet.

What is his unique offering?

Yeh he does have a unique offering compared to these typical dating coaches. He focuses a lot more on having a good lifestyle rather than tricks and manipulation.
He's just a normal guy that knows a lot about this stuf, and has been doing this with other companies for a few years before now deciding to go solo

Bort

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 8, 2015
Is there any reason that someone who prides himself as a life coach... can't market said self as a life coach? Because usually the way life coaches chase fame and money is by referrals from other suckers...er... I mean customers.

My guy is not chasing any fame and money. Genuienly wants to make the world a better place, but has to charge them!

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Yeh he does have a unique offering compared to these typical dating coaches. He focuses a lot more on having a good lifestyle rather than tricks and manipulation.

"good lifestyle" is not a valuable offering or unique angle.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Bort

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 8, 2015
"good lifestyle" is not a valuable offering or unique angle.

I wasn't clear. In short, most pickup theory is about taking & needing things to feel whole e.g. "only if i get her number/sleep with her I'll be happy but if I'm rejected then I'm unhappy"

He teaches instead of trying to take, we should give. We should already feel whole, you're not taking anything from the girl to feel happy, so there is really no rejection. One analogy he uses is the Sun, i.e. the Sun gives out of rays of sunshine but doesn't need anything to do that.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I wasn't clear. In short, most pickup theory is about taking & needing things to feel whole e.g. "only if i get her number/sleep with her I'll be happy but if I'm rejected then I'm unhappy"

He teaches instead of trying to take, we should give. We should already feel whole, you're not taking anything from the girl to feel happy, so there is really no rejection. One analogy he uses is the Sun, i.e. the Sun gives out of rays of sunshine but doesn't need anything to do that.

I'm confused. Why would someone need or want his advice?

I don't know what life coaches do.

Bort

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 8, 2015
I'm confused. Why would someone need or want his advice?

I don't know what life coaches do.

There's a large community that focuses on picking up women. It teaches guys who aren't good with women. There's a hell of a lot of theory out there, but a lot of it is bull. There are many coaches out there who sell their coaching as bootcamps or private, and charge a lot.

A lot of the coaches are guys who were never social or confident, and then gained social skills and confidence, theorized what they know and teach it. Some do it in an honest way, others use tricks and manipulation.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Oh, so he's marketing to the same guys that dating coaches market to.

There are so many dating coaches out there and most of them probably operate online. You still haven't answered snowbank's question. What the hell is in it for the customer that they can't get anywhere else?

Bort

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 8, 2015
Oh, so he's marketing to the same guys that dating coaches market to.

There are so many dating coaches out there and most of them probably operate online. You still haven't answered snowbank's question. What the hell is in it for the customer that they can't get anywhere else?

Because they will change for the better on the inside, and develop a lifestyle that is conducive to being social. Rather than using being taught routines and tricks and masking their real personality

Bort

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 8, 2015
I think I will focus on content marketing. He has a lot of content out already and videos (just under 1000 YouTube subscribers)
More regularly posted content and good SEO optimization

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
One analogy he uses is the Sun, i.e. the Sun gives out of rays of sunshine but doesn't need anything to do that.

The Sun glows because it is a very big ball of gas (dating analogy to most guys), and a process called nuclear fusion is taking place in its core. Nuclear fusion occurs when one proton smashes into another proton (strong dating analogy there) so hard that they stick together (yep)...and release some energy as well (um...). This energy then heats up the other materials (other protons and electrons and such) nearby. This heating eventually grows out from the center (or core) of the star to the outside (hahaha), finally leaving the surface and radiating out into space to be the heat and light we know stars emit.

I can TOTALLY see why he uses a Sun analogy, but it looks like the Sun might TAKE as much as it GIVES. Also a valid analogy for a dating coach, but maybe not in the way he intends it? The sun makes you think he is giving, when in reality he is taking and just looking for that external culmination of radiated heat.

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
@Vigilante ...you are on fire man, keep it up :) big balls of gas was a really funny one :)

@Bort ..google is your best friend, i am sure some some wikihow pages will give a step by step how to, and good ideas to start, content marketing is a good start imo.
Good luck :)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I would advise him to move on to the next idea.

GreatestManEver

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 19, 2014
NYC
Hey what's his website, may be we can give you better advice, if we can watch a video of the guy on his site, and know what he's about. Also as an intern my advice is to keep your last name out of things, PUAs are hated by a lot of people, so you don't want your name ending up on some marketing, that can come back to hurt you, in your future job searches or projects.

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
In all seriousness, it sounds like he's a pua...which is fine, some of these guys charge 3k per person for a weekend of teachings and sarging and usually there's 10-20 dudes per class, not bad but these are well established companies and instructors even though the industry in itself is a bunch of bs in my opinion. I knew a guy who made it fast lane with his videos, every month he released 3 new videos on a specific topic and charged a ton of ppl 80/mth.

Anyway, if it's pua there's no better marketing than video. Have him show his skills in real life environments and settings and promote the shit out of them on YouTube. Raw, unedited teachings with results, and sell the story...hope he's short and fat bc it will help. If he can't do this then he's a phoney and a scammer and should find a new venture. Those are my 2 cents.

Bort

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 8, 2015
Hey what's his website, may be we can give you better advice, if we can watch a video of the guy on his site, and know what he's about. Also as an intern my advice is to keep your last name out of things, PUAs are hated by a lot of people, so you don't want your name ending up on some marketing, that can come back to hurt you, in your future job searches or projects.

His name is John Cooper from the UK.

http://www.thejohncooper.net/

Thanks for the point on the surname

Bort

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 8, 2015
In all seriousness, it sounds like he's a pua...which is fine, some of these guys charge 3k per person for a weekend of teachings and sarging and usually there's 10-20 dudes per class, not bad but these are well established companies and instructors even though the industry in itself is a bunch of bs in my opinion. I knew a guy who made it fast lane with his videos, every month he released 3 new videos on a specific topic and charged a ton of ppl 80/mth.

Anyway, if it's pua there's no better marketing than video. Have him show his skills in real life environments and settings and promote the shit out of them on YouTube. Raw, unedited teachings with results, and sell the story...hope he's short and fat bc it will help. If he can't do this then he's a phoney and a scammer and should find a new venture. Those are my 2 cents.

He used to be a PUA type guy, but realised its shortfalls. He's basically an anti-pua guy. We would be targeting those already in the PUA community, and move them to his way of thinking, which is based on love and giving and fun.

Villain

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jan 26, 2013
Glasgow, UK
An anti-PUA who teaches seduction.... ?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.