The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need a mentor and i also provide a time rescue advice

oldboy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 25, 2019
Hy,

I will not take much of your time since i get it how much important time is.

Im writing a book but in order to have the impact i want i need some advices from someone who did it.

I want to build a site in order to support my book. Should i finish the book first and start the site afterwards?

I need advices about acknowledgments

Tips and things to avoid and how to use copy rights from the book and the title

Time save advice

I strongly suggest if you are in need of time but also you need to work as well to find a job that you can actually work your project as well. For a example i choose to quit my job and become a security guard at a lazy post in order to use the work time for reading and writing.

I am open to ideas so please be brutal honest with me

Have a productive day or night

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hy,

Im writing a book but in order to have the impact i want i need some advices from someone who did it.

I want to build a site in order to support my book. Should i finish the book first and start the site afterwards?

Time save advice

I strongly suggest if you are in need of time but also you need to work as well to find a job that you can actually work your project as well. For a example i choose to quit my job and become a security guard at a lazy post in order to use the work time for reading and writing.

How much does your current job pays?

Whats the next best alternative? How much wage reduction for how many more free hours that you will obtain?

How much time do you need to spend on your book?

How much money do you project to make from your book, assume things go well?

oldboy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 25, 2019
How much does your current job pays?

Whats the next best alternative? How much wage reduction for how many more free hours that you will obtain?

How much time do you need to spend on your book?

How much money do you project to make from your book, assume things go well?
My current job pays 25K per year plus i can sleep,write, rest and work (lol) and im rest to continue when i finish work, for me was a good deal because my previous job was with 22K per year plus the physical strengths who make me exhausted.

I am spending lot of time at the book because i want to provide solid advises about the subject and to not brake the commandment of entry also while im reading im adding new material..its ongoing process.

If things go well i guess i assume i will have a small or big passive income
if things go south its ok because im learning new skill and i will do better next time

I need to know how much it will cost to public the book and people who gonna do the the grammar correction plus plus plus..thats why i need a mentor to ask what it needs to be done

Chinese alligato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Sep 22, 2019
My current job pays 25K per year plus i can sleep,write, rest and work (lol) and im rest to continue when i finish work, for me was a good deal because my previous job was with 22K per year plus the physical strengths who make me exhausted.

I am spending lot of time at the book because i want to provide solid advises about the subject and to not brake the commandment of entry also while im reading im adding new material..its ongoing process.

if things go south its ok because im learning new skill and i will do better next time

I need to know how much it will cost to public the book and people who gonna do the the grammar correction plus plus plus..thats why i need a mentor to ask what it needs to be done
不管怎么样,对于快车道的布局来说你的这一步没有出错,

In any case, there is nothing wrong with the layout of the fast lane.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Hy,

Time save advice

I would try to grasp basic grammar before writing a book.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

I don’t see any urgency to quit your job to become a security guard.

What do you intend to write about? What is your target market?

oldboy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 25, 2019
I don’t see any urgency to quit your job to become a security guard.

What do you intend to write about? What is your target market?
Im writing about relationships and how to keep them alive

Maybe i wrote it wrong about the job...i quit the one i was having (wash dishes at a resturant) and got the new one (security guard) who provides me 3k more plus the timing to read and write. :)

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Im writing about relationships and how to keep them alive

Maybe i wrote it wrong about the job...i quit the one i was having (wash dishes at a resturant) and got the new one (security guard) who provides me 3k more plus the timing to read and write. :)
What kind of relationship and how to keep them alive? Why keep them alive?

Congrats for your ideal job.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
You will find that all are connected. The Book. Your website. Social profiles, Sales Page.

Remember once you go live with a website your Reputation and first impressions begin.

The best audience to sell a book to is your own email list. So I would start with that first. Stay relevant to your target audience. Get them excited on what is coming and also survey them to see what they would like to see inside.

Create a freebie opt in incentive that ends with a tease to the book and the solutions it will present.

There are plenty writers FB groups.

But make no mistake. Creating a Resource/Book and Internet Marketing are 2 different animals that need to be tamed.

Will you have affiliates? Affiliates will not waste time with your book if another has upsells and full Funnel in place. What payment platform etc.

Congrats on your pursuits!

Now See the Big Picture.

Last edited:

oldboy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 25, 2019
You will find that all are connected. The Book. Your website. Social profiles, Sales Page.

Remember once you go live with a website your Reputation and first impressions begin.

The best audience to sell a book to is your own email list. So I would start with that first. Stay relevant to your target audience. Get them excited on what is coming and also survey them to see what they would like to see inside.

Create a freebie opt in incentive that ends with a tease to the book and the solutions it will present.

There are plenty writers FB groups.

But make no mistake. Creating a Resource/Book and Internet Marketing are 2 different animals that need to be tamed.

Will you have affiliates? Affiliates will not waste time with your book if another has upsells and full Funnel in place. What payment platform etc.

Congrats on your pursuits!

Now See the Big Picture.
Thank you so much for this

I am putting down my day in 4 parts:
First part is dedicating 4 hours in consistently writing and correcting my grammar
Second part to add thoughts that i am having during the day while i am working and keep them in a small block
Third part is to continue learning about the things i have no idea how to do, building a website, finding affiliates etc, and see what other did before me and how

and last fourth part getting rest,read something new, make love to my girls and gather strengths to do all that all over again.

I have many question but only one is troubling me big time. It is about acknowledgements. Some pages are from other authors that i admire and i respect tremendously, do i have to acknowledge them during the book? or i have to contact them and ask their permission to add their material in my book?

You see i do not want to finish it, public it and have a lawsuit to come over me for copy rights.

I thought it will be easy..to write a book, well it is not. No matter what i want to do, i put my butt down to chair and make this happen, lost some friends because i am always busy but i want to finish this.

Thanks once more for your thoughts and that you took the time guide me through this.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Thank you so much for this

I am putting down my day in 4 parts:
First part is dedicating 4 hours in consistently writing and correcting my grammar
Second part to add thoughts that i am having during the day while i am working and keep them in a small block
Third part is to continue learning about the things i have no idea how to do, building a website, finding affiliates etc, and see what other did before me and how

and last fourth part getting rest,read something new, make love to my girls and gather strengths to do all that all over again.

I have many question but only one is troubling me big time. It is about acknowledgements. Some pages are from other authors that i admire and i respect tremendously, do i have to acknowledge them during the book? or i have to contact them and ask their permission to add their material in my book?

You see i do not want to finish it, public it and have a lawsuit to come over me for copy rights.

I thought it will be easy..to write a book, well it is not. No matter what i want to do, i put my butt down to chair and make this happen, lost some friends because i am always busy but i want to finish this.

Thanks once more for your thoughts and that you took the time guide me through this.

Even if grammar challenged you still write engaging to the reader.

Would make a good newsletter writer for your new lists.

Google is your friend. Just ask the right questions.

eBooks can be so simple and yes as complex as our intended audience may be.

Main Focus...
Writing something people want to read.

Do not go thru all this for NOTHING OR DISMAL RESULTS.

We should already choose a hot topic right from the start. Observe and Ask.

People get Rained on with Free books each and every day...you have to stand out.

Do not have the word "EPIC" anywhere in your brain....you want interesting, helpful, eye popping, case study filled, resource. Unless you go fiction then a whole lot more adjectives ha.

Here are a few resources for you to scan....do not want to info overload.

Couple are a little Dated...but still very solid and relevant.

You will find there is a lot of flexibility in how we present our content.

oldboy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 25, 2019

Main Focus...

People get Rained on with Free books each and every day...you have to stand out.

Do not have the word "EPIC" anywhere in your brain....you want interesting, helpful, eye popping, case study filled, resource. Unless you go fiction then a whole lot more adjectives ha.

Thank you so much for this..

Main Focus...

Dear @Entre Eyes ,

Thank you for all this and you are very helpful.
Everything is ongoing progress and i am looking into deep on this.
You took the time and the effort to help me and i thank you for that.

I am writing the book in my mother language which is Greek and as well writing here in English and i am living in Germany, that mean i have three different languages in my head all the time. Grammar have challenge me but only here.

If you can accept a private message i would like to make a gift to you. To honor the time you took to guide me.

Kind Regards
Oldboy

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Thank you so much for this..

Dear @Entre Eyes ,

Thank you for all this and you are very helpful.
Everything is ongoing progress and i am looking into deep on this.
You took the time and the effort to help me and i thank you for that.

I am writing the book in my mother language which is Greek and as well writing here in English and i am living in Germany, that mean i have three different languages in my head all the time. Grammar have challenge me but only here.

If you can accept a private message i would like to make a gift to you. To honor the time you took to guide me.

Kind Regards
Oldboy

A pleasure my friend. Sure P.M. anytime. Plus the exchange rates are awesome right now. JUST KIDDING!

Happy you were receptive let's keep pushing forward.

COSenior

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 22, 2013
Colorado
Fiction and non-fiction author and ghostwriter in both domains here.

One book will not make you much passive income. Prepare to write more. Develop a following as you write the book. That's easy to do on social media, but you must be consistent, so carve out an hour a day or so to engage with the people for whom you'll be writing your book. DO NOT talk AT them. Ask questions. Listen to the answers, ask follow up questions. Only when you know them do you offer advice.

Will you publish your book in your own language only? If so, find at a minimum a copy/line editor and a proofreader expert in the grammar, spelling, and punctuation of your language. In the US, going rate ranges from one penny per word and up. If you plan to write in your language and translate it or have it translated to English, and then have an editor and proofreader look it over, plan on paying a MINIMUM of two cents per word. Based on your communications here, if I were doing your copy and line edit, I'd have to charge more, because I'd have to do something with every sentence. I don't mean that as an insult. I'm sure you speak my language better than I speak yours (I doubt I do at all). Native English speakers would spot that it's your second language a mile off, and you don't want that in a book where your credibility is important.

If you want to really shine, you'll also need a developmental editor. Are you familiar with the saying 'you can't see the forest for the trees'? ALL authors are blind to their own errors, which can include not putting things in the right order and including too few or too many details. How to bring out your best work is the job of a developmental editor.

The cost of entry for self-publishing is all in the prep. You'll also need a professionally developed cover and someone to format the book file for best reader experience.

As for which comes first, the book or the website? I'd start working on the website when you turn the book over to the first editor, unless you want to develop more authority by blogging. If you have nothing to sell and no reason for the website except to show legitimacy, it's premature to do it before your book is ready to start pre-marketing. You want to do that at most six months in advance.

I'm not saying any of this to discourage you. I admire your work ethic and ambition. Just know that to successfully publish, it's more than knowing something, and it's more than having the discipline to write it down. There are many details that go into it, and you will not succeed without understanding all of them.

oldboy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 25, 2019
Everything you said is pure gold,

I do have people who will help me with correcting, editing and developing, i even have a translator in place who she is willing to take the time and translate it in the first 4 languages.

I have helped some people in the past so..yeah there is that...

How to get insulted by the truth? I embrace my mistakes and i own them. I am familiar with the you can't see the forest for the trees' , or "you focus on the tree and you don't see the forest behind it"

My mistakes will bring me closer to the end , after all "Success grows in a field of mistakes"

Thank you because you took the time to give me your
wisdom.

oldboy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 25, 2019
Knowledge is not ours to keep, it has been given to us so we pass it to the next ones. :smile2:

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
There's an author I follow on Quora who's published something like 130 books in the Fantasy genre. She's a NYT bestseller, yada yada yada. She has a bunch of sage advice for newbie writers. One of them is:
Your first book will suck. Write it anyway, and move forward.

Another:
You probably won't make much money at it. Most of her books make $500/year after the first couple years.

worth reading:
Mercedes R. Lackey's answer to How much money do mid-range fiction authors make? - Quora (link to quora article where she discusses what its like to publish in the science fiction / fantasy genre.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia

Acknowledgements and references to the material you use in the book are two different matters.

You are legally required under copyright laws to identify the author and the source of all the material you use in all cases, and include the publication date or else the date you obtained access to it. This is called "reference material." The source material can be an article, book, image, or unpublished paper. If this material is unpublished then you must get the author's permission or potentially face a lawsuit. But if it is published and your book depends on this content, you must get the publisher's permission, not the author's.

These references are given in the bibliography at the end of the book or in footnotes on each page, or in endnotes at the end of each chapter. Don't mess with this, take it seriously. References give your book good standing.

Good luck as you go.

All of your other questions can be found very easily on the internet. You don't need a publishing mentor at this point, or maybe ever.

It's also good news to read here that you will continue to make time for life. Entrepreneurs suffer later on when they've allow friendships to dry up.

Last edited:

COSenior

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 22, 2013
Colorado
There's an author I follow on Quora who's published something like 130 books in the Fantasy genre. She's a NYT bestseller, yada yada yada. She has a bunch of sage advice for newbie writers. One of them is:
Your first book will suck. Write it anyway, and move forward.

Another:
You probably won't make much money at it. Most of her books make $500/year after the first couple years.

worth reading:
Mercedes R. Lackey's answer to How much money do mid-range fiction authors make? - Quora (link to quora article where she discusses what its like to publish in the science fiction / fantasy genre.
Mercedes is the bomb!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.