The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I lack in knowledge. So plz suggest me more books.

Arvind Kr Mogia

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 22, 2021
Hey there, MJ DeMarco and other entrepreneurs in the forum. I have read both books and got to say they are master piece. But the thing is I am 18 and don't know much about internet business and opportunities. So, plz suggest me more books about the same, because I googled this thing and everything I got is just piece of shit. Hope MJ and you guys could help me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
I used to be where you are now, constantly seeking new books or content. Honestly if you read TMF and Unscripted you have all you need to take action. Start something, whatever it is, even if it's small. Read about specific issues as you go, if need be.

Experience and real life are by far the very best teacher.

Arvind Kr Mogia

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 22, 2021
I used to be where you are now, constantly seeking new books or content. Honestly if you read TMF and Unscripted you have all you need to take action. Start something, whatever it is, even if it's small. Read about specific issues as you go, if need be.

Yeah you are right.
And thanks it was very helpful.

Arvind Kr Mogia

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 22, 2021

Yeah you are right.
And thanks it was very helpful

KenDunlop

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Apr 3, 2021
Most of what I know about these things I got by reading my way through Caleb Jones' reading list. It's here:

The books that helped me the most were:
Richest Man in Babylon: Great for basic financial mentality, if rather Slowlane.
Maximum Achievement: Brian Tracy has gathered self-help ideas from many sources and blended them together, very useful.

You could also try Rich Dad, Poor Dad, which debunks the way most people think about wealth. The main idea here is that the rich buy Assets, the poor buy Liabilities. I've found this tremendously useful and try to see things in terms of Assets and Liabilities all the time now. I save so much more because of it.
Napoleon Hill's Outwitting the Devil is a great book too. It was written in the 30s, but you'd never guess because the advice is still relevant. It really spells out a lot of things. Hill was ahead of his time and knew that smoking was bad, for instance. He even talks about the 30s equivalents of spam email and phishing scams!
More recently I've gotten into Grant Cardone's material, too, if he's your style you might find him useful.

You can read his biography, but I've also found the speeches of Arnold Schwarzenegger really inspiring. He's very goal-driven and grew up poor in Austria. He had plenty of chances to make excuses or let other people deter him from his goals, but he stuck to what he wanted to do, and we all know what he achieved. His speeches on YouTube would be a good start. I actually have some of them on my phone to listen to when I want.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Hey there, MJ DeMarco and other entrepreneurs in the forum. I have read both books and got to say they are master piece. But the thing is I am 18 and don't know much about internet business and opportunities. So, plz suggest me more books about the same, because I googled this thing and everything I got is just piece of shit. Hope MJ and you guys could help me.

Read GOLD threads on this forum, especially in the freelancing section. These are things you can understand easily even if you're new to Internet business, because they resemble real world exchanges: do stuff -> get paid for what you do.

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville

You mention that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted already, so you're off to a great start.

But be sure you aren't just reading as procrastination (I have been very guilty of this in the past). To combat this, I signed up for goodreads.com, then made an additional 3 shelves (screenshot):
1617888283016.png

When someone recommends a book to me, it goes on the 1x-recommended list. Then, every time someone else recommends it, I remove it from its current shelf and bump it up to the next one. I'll only pick my next book off the 3x-recommended shelf.

Right now, your time is the most valuable thing you have, and this is a way of protecting it.

But more generally, you'll find business books fit into a couple categories:
  • pep talks
  • productivity techniques
  • general business information
  • domain-specific information
No hate on the pep-talk or book-as-a-business-card books. Seth Godin is a master of this, and sometimes you need a little encouragement. Another example is that David Goggins book.

Your specific business will determine the domain-specific books you need (examples: a textbook, a book on your accounting software, a book on ecommerce metrics to track, etc)

The best books for you to focus on right now are probably the productivity books. Read Getting Things Done by David Allen. It'll set you up with some great habits. (See also: Eat That Frog! and Atomic Habits)

Bruno Calisso

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 26, 2019
Portugal
Welcome Arvind! As YanC has already said, TMF is really all you need, pretty much you don't need any other finance book on how to become very wealthy, as TMF not only is unique as it is THE ONLY TRUTH OUT THERE (imo), most of what is out there is guru nonsense, but I understand if you're still a bit lost. A great book that will answer exactly your doubts and help you in the next step is the The $100 Startup from Chris Guillebeau. And other than this it is crucial, even before than TMF to understand the difference between an ASSET and a LIABILITY. The poor and Rich Dad from guru Robert Kiosaky kinda explains it, but I'm sure TMF already made this concept clear to you.

Cheers!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Felix Dennis how to get rich

EMYTH small business

Lori Grenier Sell it book

Those are some of the best

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...