The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I just got FIRED... THANK YOU FASTLANERS!

Blue Lion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 30, 2013
Asia
Well, not exactly fired, but made redundant… is that the same thing? Anyway, the good news is I just have to work a month’s notice and I will be finally out of this job.

I have been thinking about quitting for several months now, but couldn’t “pull the trigger” for a number of different reasons. I wanted to wait for the “perfect moment" where I wouldn't ruin relationships with my boss / colleagues and I had a Fastlane business running successfully.

What I have now realised, is there is NEVER the “perfect moment” to do anything, and if you continually wait for everything to be perfectly lined up, you’ll be waiting FOREVER!

After finding out I would be losing my job yesterday, my mind hasn't felt this clear since I first started working, and the foggy haze, a job leaves your mind in, is starting to disappear.

I’m looking forward to feeling the pressure of not having regular income, which will force me to finally execute some of the fastlane ideas I have been contemplating for a while now. My progress has been very slow on executing my plans, as I found it hard to have the mental and physical energy to take action, especially after finishing work at 8pm+ every night!

I can suddenly feel aliveness that I didn’t have before which has meant that I have felt more productive in the last 24 hours, than I have for the past few years.

I want to say THANK YOU to all of the forum members who have contributed so much good advice and helped to vastly improve my knowledge and augment my mindset. Also, thank you MJ DeMarco for writing an amazing book and hosting a great forum.

To all of you Slowlaners who are considering quitting your jobs… do it! NOW! I was lucky to get “pushed” and I know how hard it can be to "pull the trigger". Some people never manage to do it and always end up living life in the Slowlane dreaming "what if".

To all of you Slowlaners who aren’t considering quitting… CONSIDER IT! SERIOUSLY! If you have no “major” commitments, you have nothing to lose and the older you get, the more risk averse you will feel.

If you think quitting your job is too risky, just remember HAVING A JOB IS MORE RISKY, as you could lose it at ANY moment, as I have just found out!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

StayPositive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Mar 20, 2014
This is awesome. I'm glad that you find it so positive!
Now you have plenty of time and energy to focus on projects that really matter.

Good luck man!

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Damn, I can't express how genuinely jealous I am! I've been trying to get fired for WEEKS, they just refuse to do it!

If I quit, my wife would kill me, but getting fired is something you just can't "control" :)

Good luck on your Fastlane journey!

brob742

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I can suddenly feel aliveness that I didn’t have before which has meant that I have felt more productive in the last 24 hours, than I have for the past few years.

You are very happy. I like it. However, you are about to enter a battlefield with your life on the line.

I used to play very high level competitive tennis in 100+ degree heat and 90% humidity in the hot Georgia summers. Training 6+ hours a day was insanely brutal. Playing a match was going to battle. The process of training and playing the match hurts like hell. It is grueling, you lose oxygen (regardless of fitness level), you stop thinking clearly and did I mention it hurts? NO ONE likes running sprints/suicides until you throw up. I went to the ER several times for full body cramps after matches because I needed IVs/fluids. Not because I was out of shape, but because I sweat like a 400 lb man wearing a gorilla suit. Just an abnormal amount of sweat, so my body dehydrates faster than others.
Point being, the process of playing the match wasn't fun until the match was over and I had won (the event). I would go through the hurt and pain because then I could look back and feel satisfaction from the battle I had just gone through and won.

This is what you must prepare for.

The ships are burned. The grind starts NOW.

Crush it bro, crush it.

Mr. Tycoon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 6, 2014
London ,UK
Well, not exactly fired, but made redundant… is that the same thing? Anyway, the good news is I just have to work a month’s notice and I will be finally out of this job.

I have been thinking about quitting for several months now, but couldn’t “pull the trigger” for a number of different reasons. I wanted to wait for the “perfect moment" where I wouldn't ruin relationships with my boss / colleagues and I had a Fastlane business running successfully.

What I have now realised, is there is NEVER the “perfect moment” to do anything, and if you continually wait for everything to be perfectly lined up, you’ll be waiting FOREVER!

After finding out I would be losing my job yesterday, my mind hasn't felt this clear since I first started working, and the foggy haze, a job leaves your mind in, is starting to disappear.

I’m looking forward to feeling the pressure of not having regular income, which will force me to finally execute some of the fastlane ideas I have been contemplating for a while now. My progress has been very slow on executing my plans, as I found it hard to have the mental and physical energy to take action, especially after finishing work at 8pm+ every night!

I want to say THANK YOU to all of the forum members who have contributed so much good advice and helped to vastly improve my knowledge and augment my mindset. Also, thank you MJ DeMarco for writing an amazing book and hosting a great forum.

To all of you Slowlaners who are considering quitting your jobs… do it! NOW! I was lucky to get “pushed” and I know how hard it can be to "pull the trigger". Some people never manage to do it and always end up living life in the Slowlane dreaming "what if".

To all of you Slowlaners who aren’t considering quitting… CONSIDER IT! SERIOUSLY! If you have no “major” commitments, you have nothing to lose and the older you get, the more risk averse you will feel.

If you think quitting your job is too risky, just remember HAVING A JOB IS MORE RISKY, as you could lose it at ANY moment, as I have just found out!

Cool..

I did the same(almost)..I really did quit my job,a month ago.
I already got some changes..Like taking in consideration to move in other country for business opportunities.

Booked a flight to Bucharest(Romania),and stay there for a month to spot some Fastline business.

Stay in touch with us with more good news..

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
I just got fired, wasn't anticipating that. Now I'll be in a mad Fastlane rush. The wife is going to be pissed though.....and the landlord. <shrug> What can ya do?

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Congratulations... and welcome out the madness. I was fired the other day, well uh, last week and besides having to hustle to stay afloat, I have no complaints. In fact hustling to stay afloat is just what I do....so really, there ARE no complaints.

Let's get it.

D

DeletedUser10

Congratulations! I quit my job 2 weeks ago and it is invigorating and liberating at the same time. Make sure you make your days count, though. You still have a "full-time job," and that job is the process of starting your FASTLANE BUSINESS. It can be easy to procrastinate when everyday is now a "Friday."

The journey of a thousand miles starts with one step...

And one more thing... Anyone looking to take a similar path should be SAVING MONEY to cover your living expenses! Stop buying expensive clothes, fancy dinners and bullshit.

Blue Lion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 30, 2013
Asia
To give you guys an update, I have been really busy over the past week at work with the whole restructuring process. I've been trying to help out as much as possible though to ensure relationships with my colleagues remain strong.

Outside of work, I’ve been trying to get my finances in order, and have been budgeting for the next couple of months as I won’t be receiving a salary. I've got some savings, but they won't last me too long. I’m looking to reduce expenses where possible so no more expensive meals out which has been my major vice. Ramen FTW!

What I have budgeted for, however, is networking lunches/drinks. Every couple of weeks, I try to get in touch with entrepreneurs in industries that im interested in, and invite them out for lunch/drinks to learn more about what they do. Obviously you get a lot more out of it when you offer to pay for it and have a much higher acceptance rate! I just treat it as an investment and it will surely pay off in the long run with the contacts and knowledge you will gain!

Each morning I’ve been working on improving my mindset and daily routine. I've start doing the 21 day mental diet which is going well -

One of the parts is to read something uplifting as soon as you wake up. This morning, the first thing I did was read the great advice posted here - https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/what-would-you-tell-your-25-year-old-self.50014/. So many golden nuggets in there to put you in the right frame of mind to start your day.

I used to do something similar before, but used to put Bloomberg on in the background to keep up to date with the latest Financial headlines for work related purposes. Definitely cutting that out when I leave my job. I've been trying to cut news out of my life more and more ever since I read about it in the 4HWW. No point cluttering your mind up with "useless" information which is of no relevance specifically to you. Especially since every news headline these days is just another way to drive fear into the minds of society.

Oh and I also attended an introduction class to the Landmark Forum (http://www.landmarkworldwide.com/) after an invite from a friend. Interested to hear your thoughts about it? Have any of you done it before? I'm usually quite skeptical about these types of things...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrbig112

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Mar 31, 2014
Ingham, Queensland
I reckon keeping a job as a means of some sort of income is solid for at least expenses at home, Mean while doing that put the rest of your time into getting a business started. Just saying because when the bills come and you need a roof over your head, ain't gunna cut it, slowlane method but untill the dollars roll in from the actual business your intending on doing. Can't tell you how many time's i've done it and lost everything, playing it smart this time. Edit - Can't put a value on experience versus non experience.

Last edited:

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom

Congratulations on being fired :D

I remember being fired. I was laughing as I was being fired. Best feeling ever.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.