The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I just got fired from my job (DAILY REMINDER)

Anything related to matters of the mind

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I want this thread to serve as a daily reminder as to why to go fastlane. If you have an anecdote, then please share in this thread. Below is my story from today:

8:30am: Wake up. Start working on closing a few deals.
2pm: Close three deals that were in the pipeline. Add $35k annual profit.
2:10pm: Let my partner know that we did pretty good.
2:30pm: Open a bottle of wine to celebrate.
4:35pm: Get caught drinking on the job. Get fired.

Just kidding. I'm my own boss. :rofl::playful:

It's 4:44pm in Guangzhou, China. I've been drinking and celebrating this small win for over two hours. If I were at a real job, I'd be fired right now. But because I'm my own boss, I'm slowly wrapping up the day, heading to dinner with friends, and celebrating this win.

Let this be a reminder. F*ck a job. If you want true freedom then you need to have control. Don't let some a**hole fire you for celebrating a win.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
395%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
I had an appointment with the local finance authority a few days ago.

On my way, I passed the local employment agency.

While walking by, I over-heard a group of people in their late twenties with cigarettes lit and energy drink in their hands talking about how bad the current job market is - it was 8 am.

"...Everybody says it. The economy is bad. Let's just accept it and make ourselves a nice time..."

Hm...

I have a friend who I have known for years who has been sending multiple applications per week for months without results - he was laid off a while ago.

I hear the same story every time I see him.

What about making yourself useful, creating real value?

In many cases, it's not even about the skills you have or don't have.

The market for somebody bringing the right attitude and mindset to the table is always good.

Don't be dependent on somebody deciding over your life, over your dreams and over how you should do things.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm just back from a 2 hour meeting over a coffee in the local hotel reception with someone I was on a course with last year.
They've signed up as another ongoing monthly retainer client.

I've now got 30 minutes before I down tools at 2:15pm and go get the kids from school and do their homework with them.
Hence checking the forum and other social media watering holes.

I think I've another call with a prospect scheduled for 9:30pm this evening.

I don't think I was allowed days like this when I was in a J.O.B...

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
Sometimes its the really small stuff....getting a bunch of snow but being able to just get out of bed, make coffee and go to another room to work. Knowing you don't have to get around quickly to get out there and shovel your car out at 7am to get to work on time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

startinup

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Jul 8, 2016
I saw a great reminder of this about a week ago...

I was taking an Uber to the airport just before 8 AM and the route we took was on a major highway through the city. I noticed the crowded overpasses. Car after car waiting on the road, each trying to get into the city to get to work. It made me think "Each of these people is starting their day off stressed and annoyed. They're rushing to get to work and sitting powerless in traffic."

Not the way I want to start my day...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.