• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

I haven't had my FTE, what should I do?

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by EatMan, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Arun Siva

Arun Siva aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $12,060
    at some point, you would be doing her a favor if you moved out of the nest.

2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $356,664
    Admin Post
    While I think I've confessed this in one (maybe both) of my books, I didn't move out of my mom's house until I was 25 (not 26 like I've said before).

However I would mention that I had a job -- starting at age 16. Always worked my a$$ off. Always had a job and earned money and paid my bills, car insurance, gas, health insurance, etc. I was always poking the box, learning, and hustling. In other words, I wasn't sitting at home playing video games all day while on welfare.

There's nothing wrong with living at home if your parents are amenable and you're HUSTLING.

The problem is if you're sitting at home doing nothing but striving for the next level on the latest video game. Unfortunately that's a lot of early-20's men/children today.

SamuraiRod, Roz, Timmy1990 and 5 others like this.
  3. justacar

justacar Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $277
    100% !!! Also, I know people in their 30's and 40's who still do that... by being in their comfy relationship & their 9-5 job. I used to be one of them (part of me still is... I'm beating the bastard over the head with a stick each day. it's an ugly fight).

If you need an FTE, here's one:

You will die.

Everyone on this forum will, at some point. Even you. Just think about that fact while you're staring at this screen, or later while you're lying in bed. If the fact that you, your existence will end, doesn't scare the sh*t out of you, then think about this next one:

Will you die, having lived?

If you consider lazing around living, sure. But there are so many places to go to in the world, so many experiences to make, so much stuff to create, to build, to do. You can't experience any of the excitement out there if you don't have the possibility to do so. Possibility as in financial freedom.

Trust me on this one: you don't want to wake up at 40, with half (or more?) of your life being over, your joints aching, your kid & spouse & parents relying on you, as you realize that you've really just been lingering on the sidewalk this whole time.

In other words...

Take a good, hard look into the mirror. That dude? He's a goner. Question is, do you kill him and build a new person? Or will he just keep existing until his time comes?

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.