The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I have money to invest. I Don't Have an idea. Now what?

Idea threads

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
I am really feeling in the rat race lately. I have good job with a good company but I have always seen myself as an entrepreneur and I want out of the 9-5. I have money saved from the last 17 years of working but I honestly don't know where to go from here. I don't want to go sideways and end up working more/harder/more hours. I am wondering if there is a place where people have an idea/plan and just need the funds so we can work together? Partners. Does something like that exist? Please help guide me out of this rat race. Thank you
I hate to spoil this for you, but embarking on your own business and working for yourself means working 1000% harder and longer hours. This isn't a walk in the park, and many people are led to believe it is.

This is a long and painful journey, but it is a requirement for all successful business owners. You need to be willing to do things that the other 99% won't do. Nobody said this is easy.

Best of luck!

MarcusRich

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Jul 13, 2022
Indiana
Thank you! How would I go about finding a real estate purchasing group?
There are a few ways I have gone about that. The most success I have had was on bigger pockets (app/forum) in finding groups. You can also leverage fundwise or something similar those are much more limited. I think that will be helpful for you if you want to go that route.

That said, I still do believe in the unscripted /fastlane life and process. While this doesn't exactly violate all the principles I would also diversify yourself into an unscripted lifestyle and make sure to not have all your eggs in any basket right away until you have passion.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Is it not possible to invest in someone else's idea/plan and work together so I don't have to work so much?

Have you read any of the books? This sort of question makes me wonder if you understand the core philosophy of MJ's work, and what holds this community together.

MarcusRich

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Jul 13, 2022
Indiana
Is it not possible to invest in someone else's idea/plan and work together so I don't have to work so much?
Would you want the person you just described as a business partner?

Myy30004

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 18, 2022
I am really feeling in the rat race lately. I have good job with a good company but I have always seen myself as an entrepreneur and I want out of the 9-5. I have money saved from the last 17 years of working but I honestly don't know where to go from here. I don't want to go sideways and end up working more/harder/more hours. I am wondering if there is a place where people have an idea/plan and just need the funds so we can work together? Partners. Does something like that exist? Please help guide me out of this rat race. Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Myy30004

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 18, 2022
I hate to spoil this for you, but embarking on your own business and working for yourself means working 1000% harder and longer hours. This isn't a walk in the park, and many people are led to believe it is.

This is a long and painful journey, but it is a requirement for all successful business owners. You need to be willing to do things that the other 99% won't do. Nobody said this is easy.

Best of luck!

Brad 1138

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 17, 2022
I’m also in the rat race looking to get out. I don’t mind working harder, I’m just looking for a more tolerable kind of stress. I’ve made some money from buying houses in 2008 and selling in 2022. I’m hoping to partner with another flipper and maybe start a photography real estate business. Similar to you, I’m exploring lots of ideas.

The Sandman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jul 12, 2022

Obvious hands-off options: Stocks, business loans, Venture Capital groups.
Hands-on existing plan: franchise. Tons for sale.

This is my plan (intro): INTRO - Changing lanes at 40

I didn't come here looking for money, but if I can find people wanting to invest I'd be able to start bigger and there's a lot of advantages that come with scale in the manufacturing world. Maybe I should start a new thread to gauge interest...

Myy30004

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 18, 2022
Have you read any of the books? This sort of question makes me wonder if you understand the core philosophy of MJ's work, and what holds this community together.
I'm reading them as we speak. I did hear an interview on a podcast and i did hear the author say you will have to work harder short term. I also heard him say create an idea and let it make money for you compared to opening a business and working all day/every day. I love that idea. I don't want to slave anymore. I'm just brainstorming and asking questions, I realize I don't have all the answers. Hoping to see where this goes and learn something.

Myy30004

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 18, 2022
Obvious hands-off options: Stocks, business loans, Venture Capital groups.
Hands-on existing plan: franchise. Tons for sale.

This is my plan (intro): INTRO - Changing lanes at 40

I didn't come here looking for money, but if I can find people wanting to invest I'd be able to start bigger and there's a lot of advantages that come with scale in the manufacturing world. Maybe I should start a new thread to gauge interest...
Yes, why not all work together to get THERE faster. If you have a formula that works, why start at zero when you don't have to?

I'm new to this entire thread and I came here after listening to a podcast with the Author. I'm poking around as we speak.

Myy30004

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 18, 2022
Would you want the person you just described as a business partner?
I think I have a lot of value to give. I've been in sales for 17+ years and have won many awards at a large company over the last (almost) two decades. I have a successful mind and always have. I can figure out most things if you give me time, I connect with people easily, I love it all. I am just sick of giving ALL of that to a company to make money off me. I am craving something else. I just don't have an IDEA. A what NOW --- I looked into opening a med spa or a gym with and without a franchise and I'm realizing you have to put in a lot of hours & money to make them successful. I don't mind working smart and giving the business what it needs, consulting/helping but I also need to be honest and say I don't want to work a lot of hours anymore. I want more freedom. I am hoping there is a person out there with a great idea and ready to put in the work but doesn't have the funds and maybe doesn't want someone all up in their business. I think there are different needs out there for any kind of business partner. I would love to be involved but no I don't want to leave a 6 figure job where I have some flexibility for one where I need to give more of my time and my money. My idea would be to find someone to partner that has the other side of what I'm looking for so we can have a productive partnership. It's not that I don't want to work, I just more freedom in my day to day.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
I think I have a lot of value to give. I've been in sales for 17+ years and have won many awards at a large company over the last (almost) two decades. I have a successful mind and always have. I can figure out most things if you give me time, I connect with people easily, I love it all. I am just sick of giving ALL of that to a company to make money off me. I am craving something else. I just don't have an IDEA. A what NOW --- I looked into opening a med spa or a gym with and without a franchise and I'm realizing you have to put in a lot of hours & money to make them successful. I don't mind working smart and giving the business what it needs, consulting/helping but I also need to be honest and say I don't want to work a lot of hours anymore. I want more freedom. I am hoping there is a person out there with a great idea and ready to put in the work but doesn't have the funds and maybe doesn't want someone all up in their business. I think there are different needs out there for any kind of business partner. I would love to be involved but no I don't want to leave a 6 figure job where I have some flexibility for one where I need to give more of my time and my money. My idea would be to find someone to partner that has the other side of what I'm looking for so we can have a productive partnership. It's not that I don't want to work, I just more freedom in my day to day.

I would say finding a partner would be your best bet. There are plenty of people who would want someone to take a percentage of their business in exchange for some cash.

Also I would look at business brokers in your area to find existing businesses that are looking to sell. A lot of them have a working system already, the owners are just looking to move on to something else. Also, i've heard of people working out seller financing deals where you make payments to the seller directly without taking a loan, Thus having less/no of your own money tied up.

MarcusRich

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Jul 13, 2022
Indiana

Let me start by saying that I hear you. I also have money to invest and that does sound like a good option. However, it violates the commandment of control. Can it work out, most certainly, but here are some other options as well. You can get into a real-estate purchasing group that targets cashflow rich middle class areas. I have found those to be mostly safe investments that have enabled me to cash flow a fair amount. There are also dividend options as well. You may also be interested in owning a franchise or some kind of pre-automated business that does not require to much of your time. Personally I have done the real estate angle, angel investing, silent partner (your scenerio) and dividend stocks. I would lean toward silent partner opportunities if that is what you're looking for and would probably try and stay local or with people who have a PROVEN history of success.

Myy30004

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 18, 2022
I would say finding a partner would be your best bet. There are plenty of people who would want someone to take a percentage of their business in exchange for some cash.

Also I would look at business brokers in your area to find existing businesses that are looking to sell. A lot of them have a working system already, the owners are just looking to move on to something else. Also, i've heard of people working out seller financing deals where you make payments to the seller directly without taking a loan, Thus having less/no of your own money tied up.
Thank you so much for that feedback. I will definitely look into that in my area. Great advice.

Myy30004

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 18, 2022
Let me start by saying that I hear you. I also have money to invest and that does sound like a good option. However, it violates the commandment of control. Can it work out, most certainly, but here are some other options as well. You can get into a real-estate purchasing group that targets cashflow rich middle class areas. I have found those to be mostly safe investments that have enabled me to cash flow a fair amount. There are also dividend options as well. You may also be interested in owning a franchise or some kind of pre-automated business that does not require to much of your time. Personally I have done the real estate angle, angel investing, silent partner (your scenerio) and dividend stocks. I would lean toward silent partner opportunities if that is what you're looking for and would probably try and stay local or with people who have a PROVEN history of success.
Thank you! How would I go about finding a real estate purchasing group?

jferrari427

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 14, 2022
Hi Marcus. I am a real estate investor and owner in mobile home parks- a niche in commercial real estate. Not sure how familiar you are with that sector. I am looking for a silent partner to help acquire more deals. I have a track record and will do all of the work. This is how we structured our first deal and it has worked phenomenally. Touch base if you're interested, thank you.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Follow the books to the key. The Great Rat Race Escape would be a great start after you read TMF . It goes into explaining how Trotman family escape's the rat race and gives 120 different strategies and principles. DEFINITELY a recommended reading.

A good way to get started is to learn a high-income skill such as web design. Good place to start is looking at @Fox's Fox Web School. Does a pretty good explaining how you can create a web design business while you find your Fastlane idea to create into a business.

jferrari427

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 14, 2022
Hi there!
I’m actually looking for a silent partner for real estate investments in mobile home park sector. If you’re not familiar I can delve deeper if you wish. Also glad to make an intro if you wish. Good luck!
John

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
I can't imagine someone has money and doesn't have any ideas. Hanged over working so hard. Scared of losing money. Want to be perfect and know it is not possible. As you want to partner, think of the advice and methods that make up a good partnership.

MarcusRich

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Jul 13, 2022
Indiana
Hi Marcus. I am a real estate investor and owner in mobile home parks- a niche in commercial real estate. Not sure how familiar you are with that sector. I am looking for a silent partner to help acquire more deals. I have a track record and will do all of the work. This is how we structured our first deal and it has worked phenomenally. Touch base if you're interested, thank you.
DM me on here. I will need to review your credentials and hear about your experiences then I can have some of my people talk to yours and get together to discuss investing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.