The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I have a good idea for an online business. But are some things I should know before starting it?

Idea threads

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
We hereby dub you Posture Expert.

Go forth and write your book and publish it on Kindle. Give it a cover with a man proudly displaying the World's Finest Posture. "From the man who singlehandedly defeated scoliosis, kyphosis, and APT at the same time". Include a link to your Posture Website at the end. Said website will have a growing body of articles and YouTube videos about posture improvement. It may even have Posture Correction Courses, or for a premium option: Posture Consultations.

According to AdWords keyword planner:
how to improve posture - 12,100 searches / month
posture corrector - 40,500
posture exercises - 12,100

Solid enough for an ebook, that's for sure (they don't have to be too long, short & dense ebooks are actually preferred). That's not exactly a serious investment. If you've really got good advice on this, you'd be doing the world, and yourself, a disservice by not at least writing an ebook.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Nice start to your idea. Great thought to learn what others have done and to get advice. MJ's books will help you clarify and evaluate. I'm not just saying this because we're on his forum, I'm on his forum because he's really a great business author.

Search the forum for other people who've sold e-books, and shared their experiences.

The posture book seems like a one-time sale. And it will be up against Alexander Technique and other advice. Are there related products or services that could further help your customers?

Can you team up with a chiropractor or licensed physical therapist, if you don't have initials after your name?

Can you sell the books wholesale through insurance companies who order thousands at a time? Give paid talks on the subject? Make a video course?

NovaAria

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 18, 2018
However, this will be my first time starting a business, and I am pretty sure it will fail even though the idea is good.

Don't set yourself up for failure, man. If you start off with this kind of thoughts, the moment you hit your first wall you will just call it quits since "it's gonna fail, anyway".
So my tip for you would be to look at all the stupid online books that got written by literal nobodies and sold a F*ckton of copies. Others who don't know anything wrote and sold millions of ebooks about snake oil and salamander skins, you already have the knowledge and the problem is real.
You're not going to fail.

Posted from my laptop while am lying in bed in the most awkward position possible because of back pains. Your book cant come soon enough.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
However, I really like the video course idea. How does it compare to an e-book? It seems like it'll be faster to produce, easier for people to understand, and I'd leverage my natural charisma!

And, if people can download the video to their phone, they can carry around a reminder with them wherever they are. Practice while in line at the post office.

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
But I do have a lot of time, and I think I can build the whole thing in a year

If you really do have a lot of time you should strive to build this out in a MONTH instead, sprint to launch the product whether it's an ebook or video course, or do BOTH, you have energy and time, keep working at it, you might be surprised at how fast you can actually get it up and running.

After it's done, the real game starts, start marketing it, improvise on it, share your journey here, whether it ends up being your fastlane, it will be a huge step for sure, PROVIDED you get around to launching.

ACCW

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 11, 2018
What* are some things I should know. Sorry for the typo in the title.

Here's my idea: E-book on how to achieve perfect posture.

Reasoning for this is I have overcome 3 different postural issues (scoliosis, kyphosis, and APT). And people frequently praise me on my posture now, and even ask for tips.

I think a good posture is definitely something people would pay for, and the material you can find online on it sucks. I've had to research for more than 5 years, when I could've solved all my issues with 3 months (I will explain how in my e-book).

However, this will be my first time starting a business, and I am pretty sure it will fail even though the idea is good.

In order to maximize my odds, I will need tips. So, my digital-marketing lords, what are some things I should know before starting?

Thanks in advance!

edit: Also, I have no money, no email list, no experience. But I do have a lot of time, and I think I can build the whole thing in a year

Last edited:

ACCW

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 11, 2018
Thanks for the reply!

The posture book seems like a one-time sale. And it will be up against Alexander Technique and other advice. Are there related products or services that could further help your customers?

Can you team up with a chiropractor or licensed physical therapist, if you don't have initials after your name?

Can you sell the books wholesale through insurance companies who order thousands at a time? Give paid talks on the subject? Make a video course?

Hmm, I don't have any other products, nor know any chiropractor/PT. All I have for "social proof" of my method are my progress pictures, so it will be hard to convince insurance companies to buy it. Paid talks are out of the picture as well because who would pay a random 23 year old to do speeches?

However, I really like the video course idea. How does it compare to an e-book? It seems like it'll be faster to produce, easier for people to understand, and I'd leverage my natural charisma!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.