The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

yaponchik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jan 18, 2018
Make 1000 more $1000s.

It isn’t enough money to fret over. Set it aside for personal advancement. If you are hell bent on investing it, do whatever you want. Once again, it is only $1000.

If I were in your shoes... Just starting out... I would use $100 to go buy some business books, after you read the quintessential Unscripted and MFL, move on to business books from great entrepreneurs, ones you respect. Learn and understand what they went through to make it. This should get you 6-8 books.

At that point hopefully you have fostered a love for learning. You will have a much clearer answer when you get there than you have today. Then revisit the other $900.

Just service your student debt. Don’t send them more money than required. The Bolshevik government will likely rob people like me, and purchasing power from employees to wipe it out for you.

The markets normally crash when everyone is super bullish, not when everyone is talking about a crash.

Reading business books when you have $1000 to your name is a waste of time. If you're making less than $1 million per year you don't need to read anything or follow anyone. Just work, do what you can, and learn the minimum bits and pieces you need to execute. That's it. That's how you do it.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Reading business books when you have $1000 to your name is a waste of time. If you're making less than $1 million per year you don't need to read anything or follow anyone. Just work, do what you can, and learn the minimum bits and pieces you need to execute. That's it. That's how you do it.
Sounds good. I’ll see you at the yacht club some day.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Calling a hypothetical librarian a bitch for doing her job, I respect that a lot less.
So let me get this straight. I offended a real person with a hypothetical and satirical trip to the library wherein the obvious caricature representing me merely had the thought that someone, also a caricature, was a bitch?

For crying out loud, learn to laugh @BizyDad.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest-5ty5s4

So let me get this straight. I offended a real person with a hypothetical and satirical trip to the library wherein the obvious caricature representing me merely had the thought that someone, also a caricature, was a bitch?

For crying out loud, learn to laugh @BizyDad.

Believing a librarian can't be a bitch because she's a librarian is an unprecedented level of scriptedness hahaha

It's right up there with thinking every school teacher is perfect and could do no wrong.

They are all serving the public - YOU - good M.O.D.E.L. citizen! Respect them! (and us)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
They are all serving the public - YOU - good M.O.D.E.L. citizen!
Lol. They are there serving themselves a paycheck, doing something they chose over other available options.

Last edited:

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
If you're making less than $1 million per year you don't need to read anything or follow anyone.
Then, once your bank account reaches a certain amount of zeros, and only then are books worth it.

The logic.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
I suppose you prefer flying out of the windshield or banging your head against the roof then?
I forgot how much of an everyday occurrence that was. Silly me.

I suppose a 1 in 300 chance of that happening warrants police officers to stop anyone at any point and put lethal weapons to their head because they didn't wear the automobile equivalent of a face cover.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Apr 24, 2016
I forgot how much of an everyday occurrence that was. Silly me.

I suppose a 1 in 300 chance of that happening warrants police officers to stop anyone at any point and put lethal weapons to their head because they didn't wear the automobile equivalent of a face cover.

Makes perfect sense to me.

People die from car crashes every day, so yes, it is an everyday occurrence.

Cops point a gun to your head in the US whenever they catch you without a seatbelt? As f*cked up as your country is, I doubt that.

Why do your perceive putting your seatbelt on as some sort of threat to your liberty?

Apart from ensuring you won't catapult off the car in case of a crash, seatbelts also help you feel more at one with the car.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Why do your perceive putting your seatbelt on as some sort of threat to your liberty?
Every law is a threat to your liberty.

Some of those laws are totally justified.

If you don’t comply with the law, you will be punished.

If you don’t obey the punishment, it escalates.

It can escalate all the way to imprisonment or violence. That’s just how it works.

That’s why libertarian-types are so adamantly against bad laws, and say “no” to so much of what the government wants to do.

When someone says “there ought to be a law that...” or “we should ban...”

You should be seriously skeptical of them - it’s time to start considering your liberty.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Apr 24, 2016

It can escalate all the way to imprisonment or violence. That’s just how it works.

That’s why libertarian-types are so adamantly against bad laws, and say “no” to so much of what the government wants to do.

When someone says “there ought to be a law that...” or “we should ban...”

You should be seriously skeptical of them - it’s time to start considering your liberty.

When I put a seatbelt on it's because I appreciate the lower risk of dying and better feel of the car, not because the law tells me to.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020

As a "Big L" Libertarian, I'm gonna argue that it DOES escalate to imprisonment and violence. And quite often.

Just check out Adam Kokesh's channel. Dude has been documenting this kind of stuff for close to a decade now.
Cops point a gun to your head in the US whenever they catch you without a seatbelt? As f*cked up as your country is, I doubt that.
Yes. Police can literally shoot you for no reason and completely get away with it here in the US. We're more of a poor man's North Korea than you'd ever expect.

Was pulled over for literally no reason a couple years ago and had a gun to my head. But no one bats an eye at this kind of thing.

If I want to be stupid enough to not wear a face cover or seat belt, I shouldn't need to get fined or beaten or shot because of it.

We're taught to fear law enforcers here in the US. Is that a good thing?

You tell me.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Apr 24, 2016
As a "Big L" Libertarian, I'm gonna argue that it DOES escalate to imprisonment and violence. And quite often.

Just check out Adam Kokesh's channel. Dude has been documenting this kind of stuff for close to a decade now.

Yes. Police can literally shoot you for no reason and completely get away with it here in the US. We're more of a poor man's North Korea than you'd ever expect.

Was pulled over for literally no reason a couple years ago and had a gun to my head. But no one bats an eye at this kind of thing.

If I want to be stupid enough to not wear a face cover or seat belt, I shouldn't need to get fined or beaten or shot because of it.

We're taught to fear law enforcers here in the US. Is that a good thing?

You tell me.

Yeah, I've no idea what it is with the US and the police. We have douchebags in the force here too and you can get quite a beating in the local precinct if you so much as have a joint on you but that's about it.

Can't argue your point about it being your choice though. All I am wondering is why you wouldn't voluntarily make the decision to wear one. I can only see benefits to it, unless you are mega obese or something and it's super uncomfortable.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
1614208157590.png

Did I accidentally open Facebook? IS this a reddit subthread?

This is supposed to be a conversation about what to do with $1000.

How much value are your comments adding to that discussion? Do we really have to turn the thread into a politically charged cross cultural rant thread?

I was honestly suggesting the young guy get library books downloaded to kindle to save some cash and now we're arguing ABOUT SEAT BELTS?!?!

@thechosen1 @j0elsuf How many times am I going to read you guys apologize for getting into yet another pointless battle? Stop action faking and get to it.
@Kak Sorry I didn't stroke your ego as much as Johnnyboy did. But I do expect a teensy bit more of you for many reasons. We can take that to PM if it matters, but we don't need to. I love you like family. I do have laugh emojis at the comments I found funny, so maybe you're taking things too seriously? Suffice to say, if you had kept your rant to the rant thread, I probably wouldn't have said anything. There's a time and place and imo this thread wasn't it.

Now, can we all just drop the attitudes and platitudes, stop threadjacking and get back to helping someone figure out their shizz?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

View attachment 36946

How much value are your comments adding to that discussion? Do we really have to turn the thread into a politically charged cross cultural rant thread?

I was honestly suggesting the young guy get library books downloaded to kindle to save some cash and now we're arguing ABOUT SEAT BELTS?!?!

@thechosen1 @j0elsuf How many times am I going to read you guys apologize for getting into yet another pointless battle? Stop action faking and get to it.
@Kak Sorry I didn't stroke your ego as much as Johnnyboy did. But I do expect a teensy bit more of you for many reasons. We can take that to PM if it matters, but we don't need to. I love you like family. I do have laugh emojis at the comments I found funny, so maybe you're taking things too seriously? Suffice to say, if you had kept your rant to the rant thread, I probably wouldn't have said anything. There's a time and place and imo this thread wasn't it.

Now, can we all just drop the attitudes and platitudes, stop threadjacking and get back to helping someone figure out their shizz?

kindly [edited] off sir. You know you’re one of the guiltiest on this entire forum. Absolute hypocrite!

Out of the two of us, I am the only one who has tried (repeatedly) to make amends, and here you are, being [edited].

DM me if you want to just go off. Go for it. I don't want to apologize to you again - seeing as you have NEVER been the one to do so.

I have nothing to lose! Who cares? I help people on this forum all the time and you’re the one making it a worse place!

Last edited by a moderator:

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
When I put a seatbelt on it's because I appreciate the lower risk of dying and better feel of the car, not because the law tells me to.
That's fine, I'm the same with face covers. I wear mine cuz I don't want to get what everyone else might have cuz there's a largely asymptomatic illness spreading that could give me some real symptoms, not cuz the law dictates it. As someone who DID get COVID19 and had very mild symptoms, I understand why it's a good idea to wear face covers.

Same with seat belts. I rear ended someone in my freshman year of college and that was the only wreck I was in (thus far, fingers crossed). Seat belt probably did prevent me from being more hurt (although the air bag burned me lol).

But I'm not gonna sit here and say wearing either of these should be a law. That's dumb.

Like I said, a lot of stuff that is "enforced" should be completely optional at best, highly suggested and encouraged at worst.

Law enforcers should be busy preventing ACTUAL crimes. Ya know, stuff like assault? Destruction of property Attempted murder? That stuff. I mean they do that themselves more than most citizens, but still.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Calm down, we're just having a discussion. It's way friendlier than reddit or fb. Alright maybe I threw some shade but it wasn't ill intentioned.
I myself already told OP what to do with it: Pay off some debt since he is in debt.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Apr 24, 2016
View attachment 36946

Complains about the thread being derailed into a civilized discussion on seat belts ✔️

Proceeds with an emotion-fueled rant about his ego being hurt ✔️

G

Guest-5ty5s4

@Knowledgefactry

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Alright, that clearly was the wrong approach. I typed that out kinda fast and got back to work. Rather than edit, I'll just own my words and apologize for making the situation worse, not better.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
View attachment 36946

No, this is important now. We need to settle this. How can one possibly expect to both frequent libraries, in person and/or online, and NOT expect to contract deadly meningitis? These are LIVES we are talking about @BizyDad... The science says library=meningitis... How do we deal with this?

If the op actually wants to play it safe, he is going to have to spend several hundred dollars on a hazmat suit to both patronize the library, and also handle the book while he is at home. AND another problem persists, the quality of the hazmat suit at such a low price point. For true safety he needs to use his $1000 as a down payment on a real hazmat suit perhaps in the $5-10k range. He also needs seatbelt adapters to fully adjust around such a suit. Would you not agree?

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Oh ffs, you got me. I'm belly laughing now. And bonus, I leaned a lesson, don't skimp on the hazmat suit when LIVES are at stake. It's all become so clear now. You sir, are a master.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
What to do with $1000 is settled then. DuPont is the new Brooks Brothers. Dress for success! A hazmat suit opens up a whole new world of opportunity.

042F80DC-2EEA-40DB-A3F0-75DB477B7F23.jpeg

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
Well, this was quite the rollercoaster! From Stonks to Hazmat suits, I've learned a ton today (namely, if I go to the library, I will without a doubt contract meningitis).

Actual advice for the OP:
Somewhere around here is a thread or two on hustling and flipping via FB Marketplace/Craigslist. I would give those threads a read.
Maybe someone who is better at searching can even find them and link them in here.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Well, this was quite the rollercoaster! From Stonks to Hazmat suits, I've learned a ton today (namely, if I go to the library, I will without a doubt contract meningitis).

Actual advice for the OP:
Somewhere around here is a thread or two on hustling and flipping via FB Marketplace/Craigslist. I would give those threads a read.
Maybe someone who is better at searching can even find them and link them in here.
Yeah dude, good call.

As a coincidence, this was the first thread I ever read on the forum. It helped me make some $$.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007