The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Knowledgefactry

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Jan 28, 2021
Jesus f*cking christ.

Calm down Marty McFly!

@Knowledgefactry you better be listening to Van Halen when wearing that suit. Ok? Also, when someone bothers you.

You must respond with: "Silence, Earthling. My name is Darth Vader. I am an extraterrestrial from the planet Vulcan!"
I’m a big book worm, wouldn’t have found this forum without that fact so anyone who thinks reading is a waste of time is a waste of my time

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
If the plan is to burn it in stock market atleast get some returns on the investment.

Rent a Lamborghini and throw money around at the stripclub! Living the dream baby! Don't forget the champagne room with bottles!

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Even if you’re trying to find a place to put taxes from independent contract work that grows it instead of letting it sit in a savings account? Maybe investing that kind of stuff is too lucky but with the right moves it grows plenty in the next year before they’re due and pocket the profit.

Appreciate the straightforward talk though, someone has to say it
Put the money towards not being a damn independent contractor anymore.

If independent contracting can't scale then you should be using it as a stepping stone to something that does.

(work + investing your savings in the stock market) x 50 years = slowlane

(bust your a$$ + reinvest all profits into scalable business) x 5 years = fastlane

Knowledgefactry

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Jan 28, 2021
Put the money towards not being a damn independent contractor anymore.

If independent contracting can't scale then you should be using it as a stepping stone to something that does.

(work + investing your savings in the stock market) x 50 years = slowlane

(bust your a$$ + reinvest all profits into scalable business) x 5 years = fastlane
I’ve gotten more better/honest advice from this forum in my 5 visits than 22 years of living. Appreciate the response

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
Let me paint a picture here:

I want a specific book...

“I know let me patronize my public library!”

So I drive one of my 14 MPG 4wd SUVs down to a stale old government building before I “waste” $10.

“Sir you need to wear a mask”

Under my breath: “I hate you.” I put it on. I notice a picture of Joe Biden on the wall behind her.

“Oh crap, you don’t have it... Oh You’ll have it next week? Great!”

I come back next week.

“Sir, you need to wear a mask.”

I act like I didn’t hear the bitch.

“SIR!!!! You NEED to WEAR a MASK!”

I guess I need to either act deaf or apologize now. Next time I’ll wear my AirPods.

Back to the truck to get my face diaper.

Back inside!

“Oh a fellow patron didn’t return it on time.”

Son of a bitch.

I come back the following week.

Defeated, I put my mask on with my nose out in silent defiance.

“Sir, you need to pull your mask over your nose.”

I look around for an easy way to kill myself. Nothing. Oh well. “Sure let me pull that right up for you.”

“Do you have this book?”

“What? I can’t hear you.”

“Yeah that’s because you insist on standing behind 3 layers of plexiglass and I’m wearing a face diaper.”

“What?”

I raise my voice... “DO YOU HAVE THIS (f*cking implied) BOOK?”

“Yes, right here!”

“Hooray you finally have it? Wait... What is this nasty slime on the cover? Let me go wash my hands and why don’t you wipe this thing down while I do that?”

Finally, I get it for free, I’m walking out... And I realize... It is a 600 page book and I have a week to read it or it isn’t free.

The next day I develop a severe illness, presumably the slime was the culprit. Is this covid? No! It’s meningitis. I am dead in 24 hours.

In her mourning, my wife goes to bring the book back several weeks later...

“Ma’am, you need to wear a mask”

“You’re very late on this return, that will be $11.”

f*ck. I look down from above wishing I could kill myself even though I’m already dead.

The alternative to dying inside and then literally dying:

View attachment 36928
Check out an eBook

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Dec 31, 2019
I’ve gotten more better/honest advice from this forum in my 5 visits than 22 years of living. Appreciate the response
keep in mind you can still pay yourself a basic salary while reinvesting your profit.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
With $1000 I would just keep saving.

After watching someone at work turn $1000 into $60,000 over the span of a few months in crypto however im not so sure anymore.

Haha.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Dec 31, 2019
Was it knowledge or luck?
With $1000 I would just keep saving.

After watching someone at work turn $1000 into $60,000 over the span of a few months in crypto however im not so sure anymore.

Haha.

thechosen1

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
Antarctica

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Only if you care about being able to replicate it.
Good point.
He said he has researched it for 6 months.

I don't see the use for it myself, but happy for him.

I have been telling him to sell for weeks, he still hasn't.

Bit worried....hopefully.comes yo his senses and takes at least some out...

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (50% Off Deal Now On)
Hey, @Fox! Kudos on your course and all the free content that you have released on your YouTube...
MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
What I got was completely unexpected; @LightHouse generously talked with me for 2 straight hours...
MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom