The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I gotta admit, it took me forever to join Twitter...

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
Because this is exactly how I envisioned it.

[video=youtube;PN2HAroA12w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2HAroA12w[/video]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
I still haven't joined Twitter, and I picture it being exactly like that video. I don't want to read mundane details about other people's lives. If there comes a point where I need to use twitter to get the word out about a business, I will sign up; otherwise I think it's useless. I would rather hang out with my friends in real life than twitter to them or read other peoples tweets.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
I joined it to try and send a message to someone because I promised to try and get his reason for something or another... I don't know what exactly, would have to look at the "700k videogame" thread to findout.

He's a hard man to get a hold of.

Though now that I have it... I'm following some people to steal their secrets, and compile a list of other people related to the industry I'm breaking into for my own nefarious purposes.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
I joined it to try and send a message to someone because I promised to try and get his reason for something or another... I don't know what exactly, would have to look at the "700k videogame" thread to findout.

He's a hard man to get a hold of.

Though now that I have it... I'm following some people to steal their secrets, and compile a list of other people related to the industry I'm breaking into for my own nefarious purposes.

Using it for business reasons is understandable. My competitors in the field I'm starting a company in don't use Twitter so I can't spy on them; it's not the type of business where you send out tweets to your customers.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
Using it for business reasons is understandable. My competitors in the field I'm starting a company in don't use Twitter so I can't spy on them; it's not the type of business where you send out tweets to your customers.

Yeah, I understand that. Though there might be periphory business types to follow? Or maybe not. But as an example.. I recently followed Qunify. They made Clash of the hero's, a facebook CCG. Through them I discovered Inside Network - Providing news and market research to the Facebook platform and social gaming ecosystem ... Will they be useful to me? Perhaps. Perhaps not.
Their tweets are mostly focused on the many little changes in facebook, some business related, some not as much. For instance, I saw one that says facebook advertisers can now set a lifetime budget. I also saw them tweet about Clash's release, though I'm not so sure that would be overly useful. They may have 8k followers, but I bet that's 7.9k business people, and not so much gamers.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Twitter was started based upon the foundation of that video ("What are you doing?") but has morphed into something far more useful and practical. In fact, when news breaks, I hear it from Twitter first, hours before Yahoo or any of my news websites. Twitter can put you into contact of people who you never could contact. Twitter can help you monitor conversations about your company (or yourself.) Twitter can help you have a conversation with your customers and help you meet new people in your field.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Twitter was started based upon the foundation of that video ("What are you doing?") but has morphed into something far more useful and practical. In fact, when news breaks, I hear it from Twitter first, hours before Yahoo or any of my news websites. Twitter can put you into contact of people who you never could contact. Twitter can help you monitor conversations about your company (or yourself.) Twitter can help you have a conversation with your customers and help you meet new people in your field.

LOL! That reads like an advertisement for Twitter. By the way, has Twitter figured out a way to become profitable yet? Last thing I read was that they were bleeding money and the only thing keeping them alive was further investments by venture capitalists.

x9vjzs098u123rnl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 23, 2009
USA

I agree with every single point you made.

Twitter is such a powerful networking tool and also a great way to get your name out there. I always like to use this anonymous quote:

"Facebook is for friends who have become strangers. Twitter is for strangers who should be friends."

Blu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 5, 2011
Video is blocked because of copyright issues in my country.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.