The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I got the map, now my journey begins!!

drewsg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 2, 2009
Hello all,

I haven't posted much because I've been so busy reading all the information here and other places. But today my journey begins from an underpaid college dropout to successful internet entrepreneur. My goal is to use affiliate marketing to make enough money that can ultimately finance a major internet business (yet to be determined, still bouncing off ideas left and right). I've cut all TV, non essential internet browsing thats not related to me hitting my goals. It's seriously time to make this thing happen for me and turn my life around. My ultimate goal? Retire in my thirties, travel the world Timothy Ferris style. It's not gonna be easy, and it's going to take the digital equivalent of blood, sweat and tears. But I believe from all the crap that I've already been through in life, no one is better suited for it.

My stats:

Cash in hand: $0, living paycheck to paycheck at the moment
Debt: $30,000+
Start date: February, 5th 2011
Targets:

1. $2,500/month by the end of the summer in affiliate marketing
  2. Have my first website (unrelated to my affiliate marketing plans), up and running by April 2nd, 2011.
  3. Have at least 3 concrete ideas for potential big businesses by summer. (It's funny how once your brain goes into problem solving mode how many ideas you can think of).
  4. Probably my most important goal of them all. Have a sufficient steady income enough to quit my job at Target by December 31, 2011. (Before the holiday season will be even better).
First Milestone: Finally set up my domain name with web hosting from host gator. From here I will be designing my first website, hoping to use that as a traffic source to feed affiliate marketing programs.

I know I don't know any of you on a personal level, but I hope that will change as I transition from lurker to active participant. If anyone has any questions, comments, criticism, feel free to post it up. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

littlekingaz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 26, 2009
Tempe, AZ
I like this guy already, you sound like you have your head in the right place. I also have to agree when you said it's funny how many ideas you come up with when you are in problem solving mode. I find that even with my simplest of tasks like grocery shopping, I am looking at all the products and evaluating their marketing, copy, quality, etc...

Love the ambition too! Welcome, and I am glad you are taking some action!

You will find out soon enough that it almost becomes an addiction once you have your idea.

Good luck, brother! Keep us posted, I'll definitely be reading.

-Ryan

KevMoDee

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Apr 13, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
Love the ambition! You should read my intro, it will save you about a years worth of mistakes.

Good luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.