The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I got a little off track from my original intention, and it's amazing!

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
So, I had started with the intention of going deep into SEO as much as I can. I went through courses, I built a blog, I experiment with different keywords and tools of SEO, which led me to the nitty gritty details of web designing. I know this is way off track from what I wanted to do(SEO), but I stumbled upon the website forum.freecodecamp.org when I was studying about HTML and CSS, which was a turning point. Now I know I don't think this was the right thing to do, but I switched paths from SEO to WEB-DEV. Now I know it might take years to become good at various languages, but I'm ready to take it on. I took this switch because I thought this is a skill that isn't going anywhere in the future. I may or may not be able to build a business, but at least I'd have the skills to build my own website or help someone with the same. I built my blog with wordpress, and didn't feel satisfying. I felt like I should have more control over the source of the blog. So, I know it may not be the right thing to do, or the right reason to switch lanes, but I have started going deeper into WEBDEV. I'm also writing one post per week on my blog,while studying JS and CSS.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EternalStudent

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 4, 2020
Australia
So, I had started with the intention of going deep into SEO as much as I can. I went through courses, I built a blog, I experiment with different keywords and tools of SEO, which led me to the nitty gritty details of web designing. I know this is way off track from what I wanted to do(SEO), but I stumbled upon the website forum.freecodecamp.org when I was studying about HTML and CSS, which was a turning point. Now I know I don't think this was the right thing to do, but I switched paths from SEO to WEB-DEV. Now I know it might take years to become good at various languages, but I'm ready to take it on. I took this switch because I thought this is a skill that isn't going anywhere in the future. I may or may not be able to build a business, but at least I'd have the skills to build my own website or help someone with the same. I built my blog with wordpress, and didn't feel satisfying. I felt like I should have more control over the source of the blog. So, I know it may not be the right thing to do, or the right reason to switch lanes, but I have started going deeper into WEBDEV. I'm also writing one post per week on my blog,while studying JS and CSS.
While bespoke solutions can be attractive, there is merit in not "reinventing the wheel" unless you really have to. FreeCodeCamp's forum isnt built from scratch, and why should it be?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.