The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I finally have a business that has allowed me to resign from my job.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Jambla

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 2, 2015
UK
I know have not been active on this forum but I always told myself that I would create a thread when I quit my job. It has been 5 years and 4 months since I signed up to this forum, the day I registered here marked the start of my entrepreneurship journey.

It started from a Tai Lopez advert on YouTube, “KNOWLEDGE”. Something was lacking in my life and the Tai Lopez video caught my attention. I didn’t buy his course, but I found this forum when I was searching for information on Tai Lopez. Instead of the Tai Lopez course I bought the Millionaire Fast Lane and it was like the book of revelation for me.

I certainly haven’t ‘made it’ yet but I feel the most alive I ever have and the opportunity is there for me to now transform my life.

I don’t want to go into detail about my business because I don’t think it’s the important lesson. Sorry if you’re searching for an idea or a golden nugget, I remember searching for hours. Instead I would like to share some lessons I have learned along the way. I am afraid these may be clichés you have probably already read about.

Persistence – Never give. It’s taken me over 5 years to get to this point. I honestly believe most people would have given up by now. You have no idea how much you can grow in 5 years, I am completely different person to when I started!

Faith – You must have complete faith in yourself. Can you imagine what a lonely place it is after 5 years of failures? There were times even my Wife had lost believe. Do you know how hard it is when your wife says things like “You have been doing this for years but we haven’t seen any results”. I can’t blame her for resenting my endeavours because I had been sacrificing our time together in order to build a business in our spare time. I kept going because I always believed that one day, I would make it work.

Your behaviors – Simply put, are your behaviors moving you towards your goal?

Could I have quit my job sooner then 5 years? You bet! The problem was I had bad habits and behaviors that were sabotaging me. Ironically, I had my best progression in business when I was at my most time poor point in my entire life. Having a young family and working 50 hours in a demanding full time job forced me to respect my time and become productive.

I want people to understand the level of sacrifice it can take for someone in my situation. There’s no 4 hour work week. For me it was about sacrificing everything apart from my family. I have managed to spend time with my young daughter everyday but I have certainly sacrificed time with my wife. After years of failures I had to be honest with my self. I wasn't giving it me all and that's what it requires to succeed.

For the last 12 months and possibly longer I have cut out all hobbies from my life. 0 leisure time. Apart from the odd bit TV last thing at night to help my brain switch off. I had to cut out everything as I learned over the years that I am easily distracted. I have not seen my friends in months, even pre lock down. It’s now completely normal for me to work a Saturday and Sunday evening, I don’t even give it a thought. Now I have quit my job I will get a better life balance but I don’t intend to waste my time. I hope that the mighty effort it’s taken me to get to this point has ingrained a lifelong productivity lesson into me.

The future is exciting for me, in the next 12 months I believe I will be able to start investing. I would like to personally thank MJ for writing the millionaire fast lane. It woke me up and showed me there was a path to get out of my unfulfilled life in the rat race.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I know have not been active on this forum but I always told myself that I would create a thread when I quit my job. It has been 5 years and 4 months since I signed up to this forum, the day I registered here marked the start of my entrepreneurship journey.

It started from a Tai Lopez advert on YouTube, “KNOWLEDGE”. Something was lacking in my life and the Tai Lopez video caught my attention. I didn’t buy his course, but I found this forum when I was searching for information on Tai Lopez. Instead of the Tai Lopez course I bought the Millionaire Fast Lane and it was like the book of revelation for me.

I certainly haven’t ‘made it’ yet but I feel the most alive I ever have and the opportunity is there for me to now transform my life.

I don’t want to go into detail about my business because I don’t think it’s the important lesson. Sorry if you’re searching for an idea or a golden nugget, I remember searching for hours. Instead I would like to share some lessons I have learned along the way. I am afraid these may be clichés you have probably already read about.

Persistence – Never give. It’s taken me over 5 years to get to this point. I honestly believe most people would have given up by now. You have no idea how much you can grow in 5 years, I am completely different person to when I started!

Faith – You must have complete faith in yourself. Can you imagine what a lonely place it is after 5 years of failures? There were times even my Wife had lost believe. Do you know how hard it is when your wife says things like “You have been doing this for years but we haven’t seen any results”. I can’t blame her for resenting my endeavours because I had been sacrificing our time together in order to build a business in our spare time. I kept going because I always believed that one day, I would make it work.

Could I have quit my job sooner then 5 years? You bet! The problem was I had bad habits and behaviors that were sabotaging me. Ironically, I had my best progression in business when I was at my most time poor point in my entire life. Having a young family and working 50 hours in a demanding full time job forced me to respect my time and become productive.

I want people to understand the level of sacrifice it can take for someone in my situation. There’s no 4 hour work week. For me it was about sacrificing everything apart from my family. I have managed to spend time with my young daughter everyday but I have certainly sacrificed time with my wife. After years of failures I had to be honest with my self. I wasn't giving it me all and that's what it requires to succeed.

For the last 12 months and possibly longer I have cut out all hobbies from my life. 0 leisure time. Apart from the odd bit TV last thing at night to help my brain switch off. I had to cut out everything as I learned over the years that I am easily distracted. I have not seen my friends in months, even pre lock down. It’s now completely normal for me to work a Saturday and Sunday evening, I don’t even give it a thought. Now I have quit my job I will get a better life balance but I don’t intend to waste my time. I hope that the mighty effort it’s taken me to get to this point has ingrained a lifelong productivity lesson into me.

The future is exciting for me, in the next 12 months I believe I will be able to start investing. I would like to personally thank MJ for writing the millionaire fast lane. It woke me up and showed me there was a path to get out of my unfulfilled life in the rat race.
Well done @Jambla.

Good old Tai Lopez. Thankfully he’s brought many people to the forum and MJ’s books.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
^ Somewhat shameless plug? In all seriousness, I do think it's important we support one another.
Supporting each other in the forum is one of the primary benefits of being in the forum.

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA

Congratulations on getting to this milestone and I wish you many more milestones ahead. I completely relate to all your lesson learned, with a young family myself and trying to get to the job quitting event, its a long and lonely journey. Keep us updated and good luck!

colinmacinnis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 1, 2020
Canada
Supporting each other in the forum is one of the primary benefits of being in the forum.

Thank you Andy Black. Doing this whole entrepreneurship thing can be lonely and frankly, I'm somewhat new to writing in forums.

I find they're touchy on the links and so on (not my intention to offend anyone).

Thanks for leaving a positive comment.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thank you Andy Black. Doing this whole entrepreneurship thing can be lonely and frankly, I'm somewhat new to writing in forums.

I find they're touchy on the links and so on (not my intention to offend anyone).

Thanks for leaving a positive comment.
A rule is to not link out within a certain number of posts. Another one is to not try to take people and conversations off the forum. You’ll find this is a great community if you take off your coat and stay a while.

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas

Becoming a "successful entrepreneur" (YOU define what that is) is like taking the Red pill vs the Blue pill. You stand outside the norm of society and the majority "worker bee" mentality. This mentality is what you have to deprogram or reprogram yourself from in order to succeed and as you could see from your wife that programming runs deep! Looks like you are doing a good job of it. This is a lifelong journey. All the best!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.