The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Fear Comfort

Anything related to matters of the mind

Tapp001

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
May 24, 2016
I think I'm afraid of comfort, and I think I should scared by it even more. Scared of the comfort of mediocrity, or the golden handcuffs Ive already put on, and the golden shackles, ball, chain, and noose that are waiting for me. I'm afraid the siren song of mediocrity, convention, a weekly paycheque, and family expectations ('you dont want to be an entrepreneur! They're low class fools!').

I know I should be grateful for the job. It's a good one, though not spectacular, and my side-walking ways have until recently wasted any capital it could have helped me build up. But at the moment, with so much to learn and do, it feels like purgatory. I suppose thats kind of the point. It encourages patience, which is something Ive never been too good at. But still, it take energy and time, and quitting isn't a viable option just yet, so I scramble for the little crumbs of time and energy I can actually use to improve myself, and struggle not sink into the morass of reruns and alcohol.

It's a struggle. But If I can stay afraid, then I know I'll make it.

Anyone else here in the same situation?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Yes, interesting paradox. The very comfort that we work so hard to achieve drags us down and prevents us from reaching higher.

Your possessions begin to own you.

BStaff95

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Mar 31, 2016
Embrace the fear, let it be a constant reminder that there is a better life out there. You just need to decide to go out and take it. Start the process and eventually you will make it as long as you keep going.

To have success, you can't let failure stop you. To have great success, you can't let success stop you. Complacency is a cancer.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Anyone else here in the same situation?
No.

But I used to believe those stories that are floating around in my mind that you are telling yourself now.

#1 Time is not real

When you are reading this sentence, the time is now.

When you are reading this sentence, the time is still now.

The past and future are nothing but thoughts in your mind. Success is not a matter of time, because time is not real. It's a matter of actions. It all begins with your actions and what you do now.

#2 You manifest your reality.

Everything you notice in your outside world and your reality is a projection of something that happens internally.

Practical example - the first day I stepped into the gym, I was fat. Everything in my past and present moment memories screamed "FAT". I didn't know what being thin looked like or felt like. I've never experienced it before because everything I saw on the outside was a lie, and nothing but a result of things I've already done.

Despite how bad things looked on the outside, I continued to climb mountains, lift weights, do cardio.

When I began changing the actions I took, the things I noticed in my life slowly changed.

Don't let anything you experience in your past or present moment be a judge of what your life is like.

#3 - When you start taking action, you'll know exactly what to do and things will always go right.

I started working out to attract a girl.

The only time she was free was to go jogging at 6:30 am. I liked her so i finally set an alarm clock for the first time in 2 years, and got up to go running with her. I was never a runner in the past. I was out of shape.

After three days of jogging with a girl who could probably sprint in the olympics, I hurt my leg. I could barely walk around my apartment for a week straight. Oh, and this is what I mean by things always going right.

When you start to take action, you may not notice the results you want right away - so pay attention to the thigns you do, and adjust along the way. I had no clue how to get in great running shape when I started, I hurt my leg, but I kept pushing forward.

But If I can stay afraid, then I know I'll make it.
It's a struggle.

You can choose to struggle. You can choose to be afraid. How you feel is a choice, and when you decide to choose to feel a certain way, you may now start to understand that you don't need negative emotions to motivate you.

What if, instead, you keep your eye on the prize? Set positive motivations along the way?

The thought of hiking up a mountain in the Colorado Rockies with the girl I'm attracted to is what drives me day in and day out to go to the gym, so I can finish side by side with her.

Yes, we've used negative emotions in the past as motivation. They can work, but I much prefer to experience certain motivations over others.

If you want to feel like you're struggling or if you want to feel afraid, by all means do it. There might be some reason you want to do it - just understand that it's not necessary.

#4 - Flood the world with energy

Imagine that there is an infinite supply of energy that is teleporting from some higher dimension, through a vortex inside your body, and your actions are like a fire hose that is flooding the world with "energy"

Yeah, sounds crazy - but pretend because it's a metaphor to demonstrate a point.

When you begin producing so much content (articles, products, apps, music, books, or whatever it is) and spreading that 'energy' to as many people as possible, this is how you have a quick impact on people's lives.

I could start to go woo-woo on you and say that we are all connected, we are all one, and when you send positive energy to lots of other people, it is actually going through them, and creating more abundance in your life. The more you give, the more you receive.

But most people who read my stuff on here have a fixed/closed mindset and refuse to play along with the visuals to learn a valuable lesson.
  1. You can choose how you feel.
  2. Your past and current circumstances don't mean shit.
  3. The things you do now will "manifest" out into your reality and
  4. When you start putting great things out into the world that other people enjoy, you will bask in the rewards of success and making lots of money.
Oh, and if you really want to get crazy: What would it feel like if you were already living the life you want to live? See and feel as if you already have it, and that'll help remove some mental and emotional blocks that have once held you back in the past.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Very cool take on the things we feel man, putting them in a different perspective, especially with the whole aspect of "struggle".

One thing I have noticed with veteran entrepreneurs is the same pattern of how they were struggling when they started out, then they burned out, then reinvented themselves and changed their view of the process. Then it's like they work twice as hard, for twice as long as before, but they somehow find "joy" or "passion" in their work, it's such a weird thing how a simple shift in perspective can turbo charge your results.

I have the same "struggle" mentality sometimes which I'm sure many others have too, and something in my gut's been telling me for months that eventually you reach a point where believing that isn't necessary. I think the faster I could let go of the negative emotions driving my motivation, the faster I could pull breakthrough work into my apps, at least that's what I've been thinking for a few months now...

No.

But I used to believe those stories that are floating around in my mind that you are telling yourself now.

#1 Time is not real

When you are reading this sentence, the time is now.

When you are reading this sentence, the time is still now.

The past and future are nothing but thoughts in your mind. Success is not a matter of time, because time is not real. It's a matter of actions. It all begins with your actions and what you do now.

#2 You manifest your reality.

Everything you notice in your outside world and your reality is a projection of something that happens internally.

Practical example - the first day I stepped into the gym, I was fat. Everything in my past and present moment memories screamed "FAT". I didn't know what being thin looked like or felt like. I've never experienced it before because everything I saw on the outside was a lie, and nothing but a result of things I've already done.

Despite how bad things looked on the outside, I continued to climb mountains, lift weights, do cardio.

When I began changing the actions I took, the things I noticed in my life slowly changed.

Don't let anything you experience in your past or present moment be a judge of what your life is like.

#3 - When you start taking action, you'll know exactly what to do and things will always go right.

I started working out to attract a girl.

The only time she was free was to go jogging at 6:30 am. I liked her so i finally set an alarm clock for the first time in 2 years, and got up to go running with her. I was never a runner in the past. I was out of shape.

After three days of jogging with a girl who could probably sprint in the olympics, I hurt my leg. I could barely walk around my apartment for a week straight. Oh, and this is what I mean by things always going right.

When you start to take action, you may not notice the results you want right away - so pay attention to the thigns you do, and adjust along the way. I had no clue how to get in great running shape when I started, I hurt my leg, but I kept pushing forward.

You can choose to struggle. You can choose to be afraid. How you feel is a choice, and when you decide to choose to feel a certain way, you may now start to understand that you don't need negative emotions to motivate you.

What if, instead, you keep your eye on the prize? Set positive motivations along the way?

The thought of hiking up a mountain in the Colorado Rockies with the girl I'm attracted to is what drives me day in and day out to go to the gym, so I can finish side by side with her.

Yes, we've used negative emotions in the past as motivation. They can work, but I much prefer to experience certain motivations over others.

If you want to feel like you're struggling or if you want to feel afraid, by all means do it. There might be some reason you want to do it - just understand that it's not necessary.

#4 - Flood the world with energy

Imagine that there is an infinite supply of energy that is teleporting from some higher dimension, through a vortex inside your body, and your actions are like a fire hose that is flooding the world with "energy"

Yeah, sounds crazy - but pretend because it's a metaphor to demonstrate a point.

When you begin producing so much content (articles, products, apps, music, books, or whatever it is) and spreading that 'energy' to as many people as possible, this is how you have a quick impact on people's lives.

I could start to go woo-woo on you and say that we are all connected, we are all one, and when you send positive energy to lots of other people, it is actually going through them, and creating more abundance in your life. The more you give, the more you receive.

But most people who read my stuff on here have a fixed/closed mindset and refuse to play along with the visuals to learn a valuable lesson.
  1. You can choose how you feel.
  2. Your past and current circumstances don't mean shit.
  3. The things you do now will "manifest" out into your reality and
  4. When you start putting great things out into the world that other people enjoy, you will bask in the rewards of success and making lots of money.
Oh, and if you really want to get crazy: What would it feel like if you were already living the life you want to live? See and feel as if you already have it, and that'll help remove some mental and emotional blocks that have once held you back in the past.

Mr Cracker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 24, 2012
Mexico
Yes, interesting paradox. The very comfort that we work so hard to achieve drags us down and prevents us from reaching higher.

Your possessions begin to own you.
That sounded very fight club-esque, but it's 100% true.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I have the same "struggle" mentality sometimes which I'm sure many others have too, and something in my gut's been telling me for months that eventually you reach a point where believing that isn't necessary. I think the faster I could let go of the negative emotions driving my motivation, the faster I could pull breakthrough work into my apps, at least that's what I've been thinking for a few months now...

I've had it for years. Then I got sick of it.

Learn to release the negative emotions - EFT and timeline therapy is what I use - there is many more.

Learn to install a positive mindset - NLP, law of attraction, acting as if you already have it.

Things don't just go away - you learn how to remove problems from your life and they are gone.

DWX

Getting on with it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Nov 19, 2015
UK
Comfort has a way of numbing the need/desire to push toward goals - that's what makes it dangerous. And it should be feared.

Being aware of it is only half the battle, though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.