The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Can't Work Alone... Only With Others

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've noticed that I can't work alone. I start thinking instead of doing. I start over analyzing every single decision and start doubting myself.

But when I work with others, or with a partner, everything is put into perspective. It's almost as though I don't want to let my partner down, or my partner's image of me down. A business partner keeps me accountable, and I work hard without over analyzing every decision.

Is anyone else like this?

I'm curious to understand why I'm like this. It isn't even just business. For school, for example, I'm 10 times more productive if I have a study buddy, if I head to the library with someone.

With some other things I'm different. When it comes to working out, for example, I'm very self-motivated and can work out every single day.
I work better when I know I’m helping someone.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Nothing to do with the post by my buddy always says..... I only drink when I'm alone or with someone else. lol This just made me think of him saying that...
You story reminded me somehow of how one of my buddies used to say he never eats on an empty stomach.

In all seriousness though OP, I’m similar. My personal projects get put on the long finger (an Irish phrase). For me to put any urgency on them I have to think of the people I’m doing a disservice by not launching. It really helps if I speak to some of them and see them on video so I get to know them more than just an avatar.

If you think about the people you’re helping then you’ll get out of your own way. Check out the 700+ PMs thread linked to in my signature.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Good! Then we can rest assured you won't become an evil dictator.
Unless you conspire with another evil dictator.
Uh oh...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Nothing to do with the post by my buddy always says..... I only drink when I'm alone or with someone else. lol This just made me think of him saying that...

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
I work better alone, for all that I'm an extrovert.

But I'm really terrible at maintenance stuff; I'm absolute aces at setting up the dominoes though.

It's finally come to me that I NEED to hire someone who likes the maintenance, but not the project setup. Someone I can say, 'look, here's the spreadsheet for the marketing schedule, it's all loaded - make it drip out and answer any questions, okay?'

This person exists, I know. I just have to find them and make them do my bidding.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
I've noticed that I can't work alone. I start thinking instead of doing. I start over analyzing every single decision and start doubting myself.

But when I work with others, or with a partner, everything is put into perspective. It's almost as though I don't want to let my partner down, or my partner's image of me down. A business partner keeps me accountable, and I work hard without over analyzing every decision.

Is anyone else like this?

I'm curious to understand why I'm like this. It isn't even just business. For school, for example, I'm 10 times more productive if I have a study buddy, if I head to the library with someone.

With some other things I'm different. When it comes to working out, for example, I'm very self-motivated and can work out every single day.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Are you saying you don't mind letting yourself down, but not others?

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
What do you think of the post? What do you think I can do to start grinding and working hard on my own?

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
One of my buddies used to say he never eats on an empty stomach.

In all seriousness though OP, I’m similar. My own personal projects get put on the long finger (an Irish phrase). For me to put any urgency on them I have to think of the people I’m doing a disservice to by not completing them.
Hm okay.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.