The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I believe the time is now

Twizzle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
450%
Jul 16, 2017
united kingdom and europe
Happy to be here folks. I am a marketing director in a corporate. I've spent my life as a corporate slave and I want to change it now before it really is too late. I am 56 already...tick tock. Havent done it before because I was afraid. I think I have a skill or two and I want to go out on my own. I know I have so much to learn - and hope to be able to learn from you guys, and also share a bit from my own experience. I think fear is the thing that stops most people...but I do believe it's there for a reason - it's a balance and a check against being reckless. My fear stems from two places: 1. who will be when I am no longer a comfy corporate slave? 2. do I really have the brains to make it - to make money? I hope I can get over my fear and go for it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Happy to be here folks. I am a marketing director in a corporate. I've spent my life as a corporate slave and I want to change it now before it really is too late. I am 56 already...tick tock. Havent done it before because I was afraid. I think I have a skill or two and I want to go out on my own. I know I have so much to learn - and hope to be able to learn from you guys, and also share a bit from my own experience. I think fear is the thing that stops most people...but I do believe it's there for a reason - it's a balance and a check against being reckless. My fear stems from two places: 1. who will be when I am no longer a comfy corporate slave? 2. do I really have the brains to make it - to make money? I hope I can get over my fear and go for it.
Welcome Twizzle.

Who will you be? Probably more of who you really are.

Do you have the brains? Undoubtably. You've survived in corporate land long enough, and risen to director level.

It's not about brains though. It's not even about street smarts. It's just about taking a breathe and having a go.

You don't need to make a big scarey step anyway. Just do a bit on the side and see how easy it is to add value and get paid for it.

The first 4 bolded links in my signature might help you.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum.

who will be when I am no longer a comfy corporate slave?

So you identify as a "comfy corporate slave"?

Twizzle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
450%
Jul 16, 2017
united kingdom and europe
Welcome to the forum.

So you identify as a "comfy corporate slave"?
except something in me doesn't...and I try to keep it in the box. It leaks out, though. I can't play the politics - in fact, I won't play the politics; I hate it. I am not sure whether I admire people who do, or not. One thing is for sure, and I realised it far too late. A good personality is a currency. If you have one, don't be afraid of it. I was and I regret not using it.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
except something in me doesn't...and I try to keep it in the box. It leaks out, though. I can't play the politics - in fact, I won't play the politics; I hate it. I am not sure whether I admire people who do, or not. One thing is for sure, and I realised it far too late. A good personality is a currency. If you have one, don't be afraid of it. I was and I regret not using it.
You know what they say about the best time to plant a tree...

Christopher777

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Jun 13, 2017
Manila, Philippines
1. who will be when I am no longer a comfy corporate slave?

2. do I really have the brains to make it - to make money? I hope I can get over my fear and go for it.

You will be a brave free individual with autonomy. You will be a dynamic person who will be maximizing the use of her time.

You already know how to make money by providing your services. It's the same thing ma'am. :) You're just gonna do it differently this time --your way.

Time for new adventures!

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Hey @Twizzle - Welcome aboard.

The genuine lesson life teaches, is that everything boils down to a.c.t.i.o.n.

I know you are thinking - 56-tick-tock; however, the great thing is that at 56, you still came to this decision because you have recognised there IS more to life than the script.

Being/Becoming the Director of any company isn't an easy walk in the park, so it means you have the willpower within to accomplish. Being the Director of a company and making the solid decision to go Unscripted , kudos, the time is ripe for you to build your own successful, valuable, unscripted company.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...