The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am Myles, Excuse My Ignorance

G

GUEST417

Hello from Atlanta, Georgia!

I am 19 years old and have been worked at a Digital Marketing Company for nearly 4 years now. Originally I sorted photos all day now I manage clients ad spend accounts. My goal is to get my own clients on the side and use my earnings to fund other ideas.

I am having trouble finding the proper thread to locate an answer to a few questions.

- What is the way to acquire clients for my personal business?

cold emails? cold calls? door to door?

Please feel free to link any valuable digital marketing/client acquisition (landing page, facebook ads, adword, cold email, getting clients etc) threads as well. I did come across the adword course on the front page already.

Thank you. I look forward to being active and growing with all of you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
My goal is to get my own clients on the side and use my earnings to fund other ideas.

This sounds like a conflict of interest.

If you manage ad spend accounts at your day job, managing ad spend accounts as your side gig is almost certainly going to raise red flags and may even be a legal issue.

If you do go down this road, it may be best to try and make your side gig as different as possible from your day gig (different industries, for example). So if anyone finds out, you can say there's zero overlap (other than skillset) between your day job and side business.

G

GUEST417

This sounds like a conflict of interest.

If you manage ad spend accounts at your day job, managing ad spend accounts as your side gig is almost certainly going to raise red flags and may even be a legal issue.

If you do go down this road, it may be best to try and make your side gig as different as possible from your day gig (different industries, for example). So if anyone finds out, you can say there's zero overlap (other than skillset) between your day job and side business.

I see where you are coming from but I have spoken to my employer and for multiple reasons there is no issue.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I see where you are coming from but I have spoken to my employer and for multiple reasons there is no issue.

That's amazingly honest and shows great judgement and foresight. REP+

Onward and upward!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Thank you! I found this and am running through it now. I still can not find his sales process haha.

I try use an always be selling approach. Everything I do is to maximize client satisfaction and referrals. I don't hit the mark 100% every time but I definitely try.

I use a mix of active sales and passive leads.
Active sales is cold calls and cold emails, lots of value up front, high value/low pressure sales (read SPIN selling) and other tactics.
Passive leads is working already warm connections that come through job - connections, warm leads, businesses located nearby by or in a similar niche etc.

If you do great work the rest will fall in place easy enough. I haven't needed to look for work in over 6 months.

G

GUEST417

I try use an always be selling approach. Everything I do is to maximize client satisfaction and referrals. I don't hit the mark 100% every time but I definitely try.

I use a mix of active sales and passive leads.
Active sales is cold calls and cold emails, lots of value up front, high value/low pressure sales (read SPIN selling) and other tactics.
Passive leads is working already warm connections that come through job - connections, warm leads, businesses located nearby by or in a similar niche etc.

If you do great work the rest will fall in place easy enough. I haven't needed to look for work in over 6 months.

I appreciate your reply. I am sure I will find a copy of your email you used to reach out in the thread somewhere! I think it just comes down to reaching out, following up, offering value, creating positive experiences, referrals.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
You're young and you seem to do your due diligence. You also seem to have a good head on your shoulders. That's a pretty hard combo to find in your age group. Managing ad spend at 19 is awesome as it is. Good luck getting your first clients, plenty of knowledge on the forum!

G

GUEST417

You're young and you seem to do your due diligence. You also seem to have a good head on your shoulders. That's a pretty hard combo to find in your age group. Managing ad spend at 19 is awesome as it is. Good luck getting your first clients, plenty of knowledge on the forum!
Thank you. I am looking forward to sharing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...