The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Am a Success Zombie

Anything related to matters of the mind

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
I've been a lurker for quite a while, but have been trying to contribute a little more to the conversations when I feel like I have some value to add. This is partly a rant, but in the end, I want to believe that I'm not alone. Maybe there is someone else out there who is just getting started or who is new and can relate. This is also partly just some things I had on my mind that I wanted to throw out there.

Today, while at work, I listened to this podcast by the MFCEO Project (6 minutes):

Don't Be a Success Zombie

A Success Zombie is someone who goes out there and listens to every podcast, reads every book, listens to every motivational speaker, and attends every single conference. Those people acquire all of this knowledge, but don't take any action toward creating anything. At the end, I felt like he reached through the computer and punched me square in the face:

"Go out right now, don't go onto somebody else's podcast, don't go on F*cking Instagram, don't go on Facebook, go out right now, make a phone call, make an email, go meet somebody, work on a project, complete something that is going to F*cking move you forward. Because life is not about 100% learning. I could sit you in front of every success person on the face of the earth that has ever existed. Tony Robbins, Dale Carnegie, Napoleon Hill. You could take all the great business leaders in the last 100 years, put them in this room, let them talk 24 hours a day, and you could learn everything they could teach you, but unless you go out and you F*cking execute on a daily basis, you're never going to accomplish anything and nobody is going to remember your F*cking name when you're dead."

I have to publicly admit that I am a success zombie and I fear waking up one day and regretting all the things I didn't do.

I spend so much time reading blogs, which gives me ideas for books to read.

I listen to podcasts, which motivate me and inspire me. I watch youtube videos to learn.

"Oh, you want to actually commit to something?" -- Remember that article that you haven't read for the last 2 months? It's suddenly really interesting!

"Now, you want to start something?" -- That book over there is whispering your name.

"Check out this guy on Youtube. He's awesome." -- Here's two more books you should read.

"Ok, when I'm done reading this book, I'm really going to get started." -- Wait, let me finish watching this YouTube series.

"That edX course you haven't touched in 3 months?" -- Let's start that again and not finish it.

It's the constant quick fix of an adrenaline rush of the learning loop. I believe in myself and I see all the possibilities, but yet, I sit here and dream of a better life. I imagine how I want to do so many great things for the world, but it's the little voice in the back of my head that says, "you can't do that," or "you're too late, there's too much competition," or "it's not going to work for you." It's frustrating. It's an aimless loop of self-doubt and avoiding failure.

I truly believe The Millionaire Fastlane and this forum is one of the greatest resources the internet has ever seen, and that includes the brilliant minds who give so much time to providing amazing content here. I want to subscribe to the INSIDERS forum, but it's almost like I don't feel worthy of it. Please, whatever you do, don't be like me. Get out there and get started. Make a decision, commit to something, and make it work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I used to have this problem too. My solution - learning is a treat.

I really like to read so I only get to read a new book if I complete a certain action. Usually the book relates directly with what I am doing also.
So I just read The Lean Start Up. I have since finished my MVP and am ready to launch. Now I have the "treat" of learning adwords so I am going over all of Andys posts and also doing one Udemy course since I am a visual learner. Once I have my adwords campaign up and running I am allowed the next treat.

On a more micro level I only listen to podcasts if I have done all my goals for the day. Same with the forum and other sources of info.

Education is dessert. Action is the meal. You already know enough to get started, action is 85% of real learning anyway.

Whats the next action you can do to bring you to your goal?
No more information tell its done.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014

I'm stuck in the idea phase and I've been trying to bootstrap my way since I was looking at it as a challenge of trying to start from nothing. I'm currently sitting at $124. I've been fortunate to have connected with someone on these forums who has been an incredible resource. I just don't have the idea. And it's mostly effort.

I have some inventory on my floor that I want to sell on Ebay, but it's glass. I think about where I'm going to find a box to ship the stuff and then I end up doing nothing. The Post Office's priority mail boxes are too expensive to ship and they aren't the right size. I sold something on Ebay a couple weeks ago, but took a small loss when I lowered the price because it wasn't selling.

I have an idea for a website, but I don't know how I would code it. It's idea I've had in my head for a few years. There is something specific I need and I think I found it over the last couple days, but I'm not exactly sure if it's what I am looking for. It'll also cost $140 for the license. I've been trying to learn how to code and I've been hacking my way through some rough mock ups using what I've learned, but it's nowhere even close to being what I am thinking in my head. I also don't know how to do a lot of it. Think of a forum like this and how every little piece of it interacts behind the scenes.

It seems like the majority here are doing importing. Importing is one of those things in the back of my mind that says, "it's not going to work for you." The self-doubt is real.

I like the idea of Adwords, Facebook Ads, split testing, analytics, etc. I just don't know how I can do that without having something else to pair it with.

5 years ago I was unemployed working on day trading. I was spending 12-15 hours a day reading, reviewing charts, writing in a journal, talking over skype, etc. It ultimately didn't work out even though I loved every second of it. I want that same intensity in a business. I get so much time off of work that I'm literally wasting those days not taking advantage of them running a business on the side.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
All the above is tools and methods. No mention of what people need, what the market needs, only on what you want to do. Lots of "I"s.
Focus on problems and needs. Who can you help tomorrow? Start with one.

Start small, one person, one problem, one solution.

Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 8.25.27 PM.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
I used to have this problem too. My solution - learning is a treat.

I really like to read so I only get to read a new book if I complete a certain action. Usually the book relates directly with what I am doing also.
So I just read The Lean Start Up. I have since finished my MVP and am ready to launch. Now I have the "treat" of learning adwords so I am going over all of Andys posts and also doing one Udemy course since I am a visual learner. Once I have my adwords campaign up and running I am allowed the next treat.

On a more micro level I only listen to podcasts if I have done all my goals for the day. Same with the forum and other sources of info.

Education is dessert. Action is the meal. You already know enough to get started, action is 85% of real learning anyway.

That's really nice. I remember I set myself a goal after reading "Made to Stick" to rewrite all my writings for the past 5 years, using the knowledge acquired from the book.
Only then I proceeded to book "Switch" and did the same thing as well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.