The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am a student who paid 200k for college

Iwillberichaf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 21, 2020
Ohio
I am an international student studying in the US. Fortunate enough, I received 200k financial help from family to go to college while it turns out it might not be the best decision to make when I was 17 old since I do not feel like I gain anything significant out of this 4 year study abroad experience.

Out of state tuition fees are insanely expensive. I pay $50k a year for going to collge in US

Now I am about to be a senior and should really think about getting an intern/co ops and a serious job, but the only interns I can get is slightly above minimum wage which is crazy to me because it again proved that I made such a bad choice of investing going to other side of world while getting such a low rate of return

I have tried to launch my own business to pay back my tuition. Did not make any sales at all via shopify. I even attempted selling green to support my room and board.

Now I am focusing on improving web traffic and SEO and hopefully I can rank up my web. Stuff on my ebay account is pretty quick sold since it's medical supplies but that is way far from enough.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
What did you study? I wouldn’t judge whether you wasted your money or not on what they are paying interns, many fields the internships are unpaid so if you can get a paid one that doesn’t sound so bad.

Iwillberichaf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 21, 2020
Ohio
What did you study? I wouldn’t judge whether you wasted your money or not on what they are paying interns, many fields the internships are unpaid so if you can get a paid one that doesn’t sound so bad.
I major in Communication Technology BA. It would be better if it's STEM but it's not. Also even Internships require to be US citizen, which put me in a really hard situation.

I already found ways to fulfill people's needs and will be have a broad scale of targeted customers. All I need is promotion and marketing my business website. If anyone can give me some suggestions on my website I could not appreciate it more.

I am trying to provide people with the best medical supplies during this virus breakout.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I am an international student studying in the US. Fortunate enough, I received 200k financial help from family to go to college while it turns out it might not be the best decision to make when I was 17 old since I do not feel like I gain anything significant out of this 4 year study abroad experience.

Out of state tuition fees are insanely expensive. I pay $50k a year for going to collge in US

Now I am about to be a senior and should really think about getting an intern/co ops and a serious job, but the only interns I can get is slightly above minimum wage which is crazy to me because it again proved that I made such a bad choice of investing going to other side of world while getting such a low rate of return

I have tried to launch my own business to pay back my tuition. Did not make any sales at all via shopify. I even attempted selling green to support my room and board.

Now I am focusing on improving web traffic and SEO and hopefully I can rank up my web. Stuff on my ebay account is pretty quick sold since it's medical supplies but that is way far from enough.
Welcome to the forum! And good on you for taking action. Your first venture is likely to fail, so don't be disappointed. Just keep going. At the same time, try to avoid jumping from business to business. Success rarely comes from the first attempt, so you need to identify what went wrong and then try to fix it, and keep trying until you succeed. If you jump from business idea to business idea it's going to be difficult to make it.

You say you didn't make any sales via Shopify. Why do you think that is? I own a direct response agency, and in working with clients the most commonly encountered problem is bad sales funnels. The economics of it doesn't make sense, or their products aren't targeting the right buyers with the right message via the right advertising channel.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...